hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 781 to 808 of 808
  1. #781
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely.

    Before I didnít care about others. Now I think Incaretoo much.

    How to I change my user name to Goldielocks?!
    You'll get burned

    Seriously, though, you'll find your balance. Being "happy" can be a scary place to be when you've been through the mill.....embrace it.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #782
    Testimonial Due LustForLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Bus From Hell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,561
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll get burned

    Seriously, though, you'll find your balance. Being "happy" can be a scary place to be when you've been through the mill.....embrace it.
    Cheers!

  4. #783
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd celebrate the fact that you can now feel for others, rather than being stuck in that rut of battling your own issues. That's a big step forward IMO.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Ive been pretty much myself for the past couple of years now, I still have my down days but they are exactly just that & more associated with stressfull days at work.

    In relation to what you say above I totally agree. A few months ago my wee Sister (47) was diagnosed with cancer, thus far battling away after her 4th session of chemo. That rocked me & set me back a bit but I had to have that inner strength & get into that train of thought that this is not about me, I have to be strong & give her the support she gave me.

    Things didnt get any better. Just after we returned from Berlin for my birthday weekend my Wife was rushed to the Western General with headaches, tingling in her fingers & facial paralysis. She had suffered a stroke & was in hospital for almost two weeks.

    Talk about testing mental strength !!

    Had this have happened a few years back I honestly dont think I would have coped but at this point in time & with the fantastic support I have had from friends, family & of course folk on this very thread I can offer that support back.

  5. #784
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive been pretty much myself for the past couple of years now, I still have my down days but they are exactly just that & more associated with stressfull days at work.

    In relation to what you say above I totally agree. A few months ago my wee Sister (47) was diagnosed with cancer, thus far battling away after her 4th session of chemo. That rocked me & set me back a bit but I had to have that inner strength & get into that train of thought that this is not about me, I have to be strong & give her the support she gave me.

    Things didnt get any better. Just after we returned from Berlin for my birthday weekend my Wife was rushed to the Western General with headaches, tingling in her fingers & facial paralysis. She had suffered a stroke & was in hospital for almost two weeks.

    Talk about testing mental strength !!

    Had this have happened a few years back I honestly dont think I would have coped but at this point in time & with the fantastic support I have had from friends, family & of course folk on this very thread I can offer that support back.
    Keep your head held high mate.

    If you can channel the support youíve given you wife and sister over recent weeks into a positive thought stream, Iím sure it will help you come through what is obviously a difficult period for you and your close family.

    As you say, returning the support they gave you is making you feel better within yourself even though it seems hard to do. Be as strong as you can for them. All the best.

  6. #785
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,857
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep your head held high mate.

    If you can channel the support youíve given you wife and sister over recent weeks into a positive thought stream, Iím sure it will help you come through what is obviously a difficult period for you and your close family.

    As you say, returning the support they gave you is making you feel better within yourself even though it seems hard to do. Be as strong as you can for them. All the best.
    Cheers mate appreciated, my Sister has a good family, her hubby, sons & daughter as well as my other two Sisters & my elder brother, after the initial shock of seeing my sister (I work in Radiology at RIE) I felt more at ease as I could talk through her procedures etc, that put her mind at ease & in a kinda way helped me cope.

    My Wife is on the mend too, her stroke was a shock to us both but funnily enough, her job as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner at the RIE involves working with stroke so she has already a wealth of knowledge of it, that also kinda helped get us through the difficult first couple of weeks. Trying times ahead for the family but we are all strong & supporting each other.

  7. #786
    just posted a lengthy and probably rambling post on the Bounce.
    I've been really struggling for about 18 months,I've had anxiety and panic attacks previously but time it's totally different it's almost like a fog comes down and I sink into very dark and negative thoughts.
    My doctor has been brilliant along with meds she's given me some good websites.Don't think I'd ever be able to go down the therapy route but I'm giving the website a chance.

  8. #787
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by cowiehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just posted a lengthy and probably rambling post on the Bounce.
    I've been really struggling for about 18 months,I've had anxiety and panic attacks previously but time it's totally different it's almost like a fog comes down and I sink into very dark and negative thoughts.
    My doctor has been brilliant along with meds she's given me some good websites.Don't think I'd ever be able to go down the therapy route but I'm giving the website a chance.
    Good you have an understanding GP, that does help. Keep an open mind to therapy, like you I never thought I would talk to someone but I have now had two therapists and found them to be a real help. Sometimes just talking can help. Hope you get better, anxiety can be awful.

  9. #788
    @hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,553
    Good to see Coronation Street taking on a suicide storyline. Pretty hard hitting but hopefully it gets the message out there and encourages people to seek help.
    Sir David Gray


  10. #789
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,191
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    This is Mental Health Awareness Week. I really hope people pay attention. I really hope many workplaces, like mine, are offering a programme of events/opportunities to aid their employees. I really hope those of us that suffer from an affliction in our mental health are brave and OK enough join the conversation and keep trying to reduce the stigma. Above all, I really hope all of us that post on this thread are doing OK just now.

    I certainly find myself doing a little better just now. The sunshine helps, canning my Facebook account and being less present online and more present in the moment has helped. As has eating better, getting out into the garden (yes I'm only 32, shut it), spending more time with my wife and daughter rather than in the office or on my Xbox and even reading more.

  11. #790
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    18,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Mental Health Awareness Week. I really hope people pay attention. I really hope many workplaces, like mine, are offering a programme of events/opportunities to aid their employees. I really hope those of us that suffer from an affliction in our mental health are brave and OK enough join the conversation and keep trying to reduce the stigma. Above all, I really hope all of us that post on this thread are doing OK just now.

    I certainly find myself doing a little better just now. The sunshine helps, canning my Facebook account and being less present online and more present in the moment has helped. As has eating better, getting out into the garden (yes I'm only 32, shut it), spending more time with my wife and daughter rather than in the office or on my Xbox and even reading more.
    Oi! Gardening is the new rock n roll ill have you know and de rigueur with the hipster fraternity as well. And scientifically proven to do wonders for mental health.

  12. #791
    Testimonial Due Stranraer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    6
    Hibs.net saved my life.

    When I was going through things really badly I used to use .net as a moaning place. Someone on here called the police who came and got me before I did something silly.

    Looking back, if it weren't for this thread and .net in general I might not be here any more.

    Glad to say I'm in a much better state nowadays but I owe a huge thanks to folks on here.

  13. #792
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    18,996
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/5vx...TOCyygzV0An7VQ

    Good stuff here from CALM. Goalies have problems too

  14. #793
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,193
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oi! Gardening is the new rock n roll ill have you know and de rigueur with the hipster fraternity as well. And scientifically proven to do wonders for mental health.

    When we are in agreement something in this world is either very wrong or very right.

    Gardening is great for everything: you, your garden, the environment, other people, critters...

    The demand for allotments is ridiculous so I'm grateful to have a decent amount of garden space. There's nothing quite like the physical and mental workout of a good session in the garden and just as good is the rewards that come later. I love growing stuff to eat and my fig and plum tree are my pride and joy. I also wade in with huge amounts of strawberries which are delicious, hugely cheaper than the often tasteless things the shops sell and very good for your physical and mental health.

    Dig for victory in every sense.

  15. #794
    @hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs.net saved my life.

    When I was going through things really badly I used to use .net as a moaning place. Someone on here called the police who came and got me before I did something silly.

    Looking back, if it weren't for this thread and .net in general I might not be here any more.

    Glad to say I'm in a much better state nowadays but I owe a huge thanks to folks on here.
    Sorry to hear you went through such an awful period but delighted that you've finally found the light at the end of the tunnel

    Forums like this can often be a good source to vent and speak to people anonymously about how your feeling. Sometimes speaking to strangers is easier than speaking to close ones.
    Sir David Gray


  16. #795
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Anybody have any experience of CBD oil?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  17. #796
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody have any experience of CBD oil?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Not personally but was talking to someone who suffers anxiety attacks and he said it worked for him. I am tempted to try it myself

  18. #797
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not personally but was talking to someone who suffers anxiety attacks and he said it worked for him. I am tempted to try it myself
    I've just started taking it.

    Taste is mingin......

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  19. #798
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just started taking it.

    Taste is mingin......

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Yea I've heard! Let us know what you think once you've tried it for a bit

  20. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody have any experience of CBD oil?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    If the expat pensioners in the south of Spain are to go by its a whale of a time, cocoon on drugs.

  21. #800
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,182
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just started taking it.

    Taste is mingin......

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Iím sure youíve done plenty research before going for this, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of conflicting stories on the internet about it. Much of it appears to be about the suppliers, and the unfounded claims theyíre making, and also the unscrupulous tactics they use.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  22. #801
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,164
    A quick look on the internet suggests apart from Holland & Barrett it's quite expensive.

  23. #802
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,857
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A quick look on the internet suggests apart from Holland & Barrett it's quite expensive.
    There is a company in Edinburgh that supply it, Loveburgh, theres also a shop just opened up in Leith selling CBD oil, they also offer advice/counselling etc. Ive tried to research the products but its just a minefield out there, and as you say, expensive too.

  24. #803
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Thus far, all I'm getting is a dry mouth. Brutal.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  25. #804
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a company in Edinburgh that supply it, Loveburgh, theres also a shop just opened up in Leith selling CBD oil, they also offer advice/counselling etc. Ive tried to research the products but its just a minefield out there, and as you say, expensive too.
    That's who I got it from.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  26. #805
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's who I got it from.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Loveburgh or Leith ? I got Raw paste as an alternative, comes in a 10ml syringe & you just put a pinkie nail sized blob on your finger or on a bit of bread & consume, its absolutley ****ing vile that I gagged each time I tried it. I have a full syringe worth sitting in bottom of my locker at work that I just cant bear to use 😬

  27. #806
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loveburgh or Leith ? I got Raw paste as an alternative, comes in a 10ml syringe & you just put a pinkie nail sized blob on your finger or on a bit of bread & consume, its absolutley ****ing vile that I gagged each time I tried it. I have a full syringe worth sitting in bottom of my locker at work that I just cant bear to use
    Sorry, Loveburgh.

    I'm wondering if I can put a few drops in a drink. Might help the taste .....

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  28. #807
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, Loveburgh.

    I'm wondering if I can put a few drops in a drink. Might help the taste .....

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Yeah the taste is the off putting thing, there must be ways around it & putting it in a drink may help. My colleague who uses Raw paste suggested putting a drop on a bit of banana as its easier to swallow, doesnt sound too bad but I would assume the liquid version may be trickier to do. I vape & Loveburgh also do a vape liquid, I wonder if thats worth trying.

  29. #808
    First Team Breakthrough Lendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    317

    The Changing Room initiative

    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8568

    Posted on the main forum but clearly has a tie in with this discussion. Hopefully it serves its purpose and helps those in need.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved