hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Testimonial Due MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The weathers against us here for the vast majority of folk to maintain optimum levels of D3 Vit D and the medical research is there to advise us Scots and residents of other similar countries of non regular bright sunshine to have their Vit D levels checked and take supplements if required.

I was checked out a number of years ago by my then GP who is was a bit of an expert on Vit D deficiency and I was found to have a considerable deficiency according to the predicted normal levels which is why I take daily D3 Vit D supplements.

Serious D3 Vit D deficiency can lead to skin conditions and the more serious Osteoporosis among other effects. Its well worth being checked out for Vit D levels when one can.
    Thatís crazy. I just ordered these last night. Been struggling with my skin big time this winter after a year working nightshift. It was this, coupled with increased anxiety and radge insomnia that led me to research CBD, Vitamin D & 5-HTP.

Do you think this dose (3000IU) is ok for daily use or am I best doing alternate days?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I use a lamp, which sits beside my desk throughout the day. Can't think what I'd be like without it.
    Do you have a link fella? Been looking into this also...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    That’s crazy. I just ordered these last night. Been struggling with my skin big time this winter after a year working nightshift. It was this, coupled with increased anxiety and radge insomnia that led me to research CBD, Vitamin D & 5-HTP.

Do you think this dose (3000IU) is ok for daily use or am I best doing alternate days?

That's far too much to begin with for someone who's not been checked out by the GP.

If you're concerned about your Vit D levels go to the GP who can run simple checks and who will recommend the top up amount required if required at all.

Vit D has great benefits but too much Vit D can have adverse effects.

Go to the GP who will advise you, seriously mate.

I think CWG is referring to the Sunray UV lamps that are used in hospitals for folk with conditions such as eczema etc. Some folk can be rushed to hospital with acute skin conditions and are treated with stand up UV ray machines with less serious conditions treated with smaller lamps. A few minutes a week may be suitable for you in a stand up tanning clinic.

However it would be far better for you if you attended your GP to discuss it and run simple tests with her advising you.

Nice one mate, cheers for the advice.

Iíve been back & forward since September, been referred to the Dept for Sleep Medicine & Dermatology. Taking forever though.

Will hold off on the Vitamin D3 in the meantime, or perhaps pick up some lighter ones.

Appreciated 👍🏻

Nice one mate, cheers for the advice.

I’ve been back & forward since September, been referred to the Dept for Sleep Medicine & Dermatology. Taking forever though.

Will hold off on the Vitamin D3 in the meantime, or perhaps pick up some lighter ones.

Appreciated ����
    No probs mate.

Hope you get your appointment soon and they should advise you on the limits of what you can do for yourself alongside their provided treatment and care.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    I think CWG is referring to the Sunray UV lamps that are used in hospitals for folk with conditions such as eczema etc. Some folk can be rushed to hospital with acute skin conditions and are treated with stand up UV ray machines with less serious conditions treated with smaller lamps. A few minutes a week may be suitable for you in a stand up tanning clinic.

However it would be far better for you if you attended your GP to discuss it and run simple tests with her advising you.

I'm not.

I'm referring to the lamps that are commercially available to anyone who has issues with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Mine is on 6 hours a day at this time of the year.

I'll post the link for mine tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I'm not.

I'm referring to the lamps that are commercially available to anyone who has issues with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Mine is on 6 hours a day at this time of the year.

I'll post the link for mine tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Apologies mate. I thought the lamps you were referring to were the Ultraviolet lamps hospitals use for treating skin conditions like eczema.

Hope the Seasonal Affective Disorder lamps help with the condition.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    This is the one I've had for years.

https://www.bodykind.com/product/203...light-box.aspx

This is the one I've had for years.

https://www.bodykind.com/product/203...light-box.aspx
    I think I'm going to have to look into the treatments in more detail. I have a great reading lamp with dozens of settings but I doubt it's really a "light box" I do like it though 😎
    Back off work this week and struggling.