hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The most annoying journalist in Britain?

Ewan Murray has been ripping my knitting for years. Last week's Hibs critical piece on the Black Knight takeover is just a pattern of snide negativity he's been writing his entire career, so its not a kneejerk reaction by me.

But this piece on Andy Murray is so vacuous and transparently about protecting a hack mate of is (Kherradine Idessane, a really dense sports journo in his own right) isnt much more than a smear job (subtext-Murray can't take a slagging so lost his cool with a journo in public and is therefore uncriticisable, so Ewan Murray storms in to right this wrong...What ACTUALLy happened, Andy Murray tweeted 'come off it' to a rubbish journo who suggested he should retire. No tantrums, no knitting being ripped.
    Choose life. Choose a job. But choose your view on Andy Murray very carefully | Andy Murray | The Guardian
    I actually read it before looking at the author at the top, by the time i'd finished i knew who it was without having to check.

2. Log in to remove the advert

How is this fud getting to write for the Guardian ? Shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon Heffer is possibly the one that annoys me the most still. You sometimes just read stuff by someone whose life experiences, sense of values and morality are so far from your own that it's actually quite hard to get your head around.

As mentioned in the OP - to be reading an article without knowing who it's by only to think "who tf has written this pile of utter muck" and to scroll to the top knowing exactly who it's going to be reflects a particularly obnoxious talent.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ewan Murray has been ripping my knitting for years. Last week's Hibs critical piece on the Black Knight takeover is just a pattern of snide negativity he's been writing his entire career, so its not a kneejerk reaction by me.

But this piece on Andy Murray is so vacuous and transparently about protecting a hack mate of is (Kherradine Idessane, a really dense sports journo in his own right) isnt much more than a smear job (subtext-Murray can't take a slagging so lost his cool with a journo in public and is therefore uncriticisable, so Ewan Murray storms in to right this wrong...What ACTUALLy happened, Andy Murray tweeted 'come off it' to a rubbish journo who suggested he should retire. No tantrums, no knitting being ripped.
    Choose life. Choose a job. But choose your view on Andy Murray very carefully | Andy Murray | The Guardian
    I actually read it before looking at the author at the top, by the time i'd finished i knew who it was without having to check.
    "There are various strands to this. Murray should be encouraged to use his social media account to offer authentic opinion."

A heidless device handing out heedless advice.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Nick Ferrari.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What a load of utter tosh that was. He gets on my tits as well, by the way. Talks utter ***** and looks like the wee guy in Monsters Inc that gets stuck in the scream machine. Fanny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Nick Ferrari.
    Absolutely.

A tired windbag who James O’Brien only doesn’t obliterate because he has to effectively share a stage with him.

It’s a shame really because JOB would destroy him.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I thought Murray's (Andy) response to the original piece was fair. He has earned the right to choose his own end point and when he goes the last 2 or 3 years will be largely forgotten (in terms of results, his determination to play at all is worthy of praise). His legacy is secure.

The other Murray's article is just a soppy defence of his wee pal. It's pitifully bleating and seems to miss the point of why AM was annoyed. Kherradine Idessane tagged Murray in his piece, probably to draw more attention to it, he invited reply and any pile on that resulted was at his invitation.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 04-02-2024 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Kherradine Idessane tagged Murray is his piece, probably to draw more attention to it,
    No probably about it. Without @ing Murray, Murray probably either doesn't see it or breezes past it. As it was the journalist(s) got what the wanted, cheap copy.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Actually feel a bit sorry for Ewan Murray and Idessane here. To have so little talent and to spend your working days trying to pretend that you have anything at all worthwhile to say about someone who has so much must be a little soul destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Actually feel a bit sorry for Ewan Murray and Idessane here. To have so little talent and to spend your working days trying to pretend that you have anything at all worthwhile to say about someone who has so much must be a little soul destroying.
    You're assuming they have a soul.

First Team Breakthrough Sloop67's Avatar
    Andrew Pierce & Piers Morgan have to very close to the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Beautifully put Sometimes we just have to have sympathy for folk like that. I just hate he gets the platform he gets.

The Hibs critical piece was easy enough to brush off, but he deserves all the flak he gets for what he's written about Murray there. Utter baloney. Andy Roddick is spot-on with his response.

ALL the bloody royal correspondents being wheeled out at the moment! They are the crappest of all the journos and a joke amongst a pretty ragbag profession.

They showed some of the foreign ones on the news. Some are just ridiculous.

Fraser Nelson gets on my tits along with some already mentioned above.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    I wouldn’t pish on Kelvin MacKenzie if he was on fire
    Last edited by Willis1875; 07-02-2024 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    ALL the bloody royal correspondents being wheeled out at the moment! They are the crappest of all the journos and a joke amongst a pretty ragbag profession.

They showed some of the foreign ones on the news. Some are just ridiculous.
    "Royal correspondent", a dismal, degrading gig. Reporting on things that don't actually matter as though they are earth shattering.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Julia Hartley Brewer - cannae stand her.

Blog Entries
    Katie Hopkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Katie Hopkins.
    Not a journalist.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Nick Ferrari.
    He would be better suited to GB News so that he doesn't need to continually pause before saying what he thinks is correct to say rather than what he actually wants to say. I'm sure that he has an LBC slot for the purposes of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    I would.

Not the bit that was on fire though, it would just be good to add a bit extra humiliation to his plight.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Hartley-Brewer, Mackenzie, Hopkins, these go far beyond what id describe as ‘annoying’, ‘evil culture war erseholes who must be stopped’ is more like it for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Katie Hopkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not a journalist.

A rose by any other name ……… Still a horrible media creature.

"Royal correspondent", a dismal, degrading gig. Reporting on things that don't actually matter as though they are earth shattering.

Could say the same of a lot of football 'journalists'.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post

Half man half biscuit manage to fit both into this musical rant.

"Kelvin Mackenzie, in a Suffolk ditch, In a second hand Hessian sack" made me laugh when I heard it , the hiss on the word Hessian seems to drive home the visceral hatred they have of him.

https://youtu.be/HTb7s4SlFXc?si=4mZFP4ART4QdpblW

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

So the premise seems to be Murray shouldn't reply despite being tagged in the story. Don't tag him then. Very odd article almost seems designed to get the reaction it did so both could moan about. Andy has earned the right to retire when he wants to. Wimbledon would seem to be the most obvious location for it. What is for sure noone apart from Ewan and Kherridine will be thinking about first round losses in front of a few hundred folk in the latter stages of his career they will be thinking about his amazing career and fantastic achievements.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-title-charge

Another Guardian journalist. Not the most annoying in the UK, i admit, but quite a few paragraphs leave me wondering what the hell he’s actually talking about. Barney Ronay, The king of rabbit hole metaphors.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Another Guardian journalist. Not the most annoying in the UK, i admit, but quite a few paragraphs leave me wondering what the hell he’s actually talking about. Barney Ronay, The king of rabbit hole metaphors.

All very well including a throwaway nod to Eric Morecambe in that, but you have to include references to a least one of seagulls or a trawler for the whole to make sense. Otherwise you're just knocking on a doorframe.