hibs.net Messageboard

Page 99 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3767

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Got tickets to go see the who on the 9th of July, can't wait, tickets were a bit pricy but not overly fussed until the wife finds out!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been about Celtic Connections for me recently.

Started off with the Roamin' Roots Revue.... bit of a mixed bag, but with some magical moments.

Then an African night, including the last standing member of the Bhundu Boys (the band that moved John Peel to tears).

Tomorrow finish off with some Shooglenifty.

In other news, Springsteen's tour kicked off on Wednesday night. Some major omissions from the set-list (Thunder Road ffs!!) , but he's notorious for changing things around, so not fretting yet.
    Also at Celtic Connections, Thursday night was Kim Edgar and friends at St Luke's. Friends included James Grant, Horse and Boo Hewerdeen. Last night was Transatlantic Sessions at the concert hall. Martha Wainwright and Amythyst Kiah were very good. Tonight it's Hen Hoose at St Luke's.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Not a gig per se but enjoying the stuff from Band from Rockall, former Runrig Brothers, quite catchy tunes

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Got tickets to go see the who on the 9th of July, can't wait, tickets were a bit pricy but not overly fussed until the wife finds out!!
    I was swithering whether to buy or not. But the venue is just too awful to justify the price.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Suede at Stereo last night were superb. I’ve seen them a few times before but playing in a 300 capacity venue was something special. A good few tracks from their most recent album (which is excellent) and the rest of the set spanning their back catalogue. The loudest and sweatiest gif I’ve been to in a long time!

Hen hoose were brilliant tonight at St Luke's in Glasgow. Everything from folk to pop to electronica to hip hop to rap.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I was swithering whether to buy or not. But the venue is just too awful to justify the price.
    If I hadn't gotten the tickets I know I'd have regretted it later

Going to see Those Damn Crows at the Garage on the 21st of this month.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Hen hoose were brilliant tonight at St Luke's in Glasgow. Everything from folk to pop to electronica to hip hop to rap.
    That's two CC gigs you've been to that I wanted to attend. Glad you enjoyed.

Not to most folk on here's taste but managed to secure Global Journey tickets to Tomorrowland this summer

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Not a gig, but....

Bonnie Raitt is described as "an unknown blues singer" by the Daily Mail after winning a Grammy last night 😀

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not a gig, but....

Bonnie Raitt is described as "an unknown blues singer" by the Daily Mail after winning a Grammy last night 😀
    I just saw this as well. She hasn't done last night at the Proms so is a nobody!

@hibs.net private member
    Also not a gig but I saw this earlier, and I guess that Pink Floyd reunion is not going to happen any time soon ...

https://twitter.com/pollysamson/stat...2W6bsfA8puHlDg

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I just saw this as well. She hasn't done last night at the Proms so is a nobody!
    I've just dug out a Little Feat album that she sings on from 1973, 16 years before Taylor Swift was born 😀
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 06-02-2023 at 10:20 PM.

'Weird Al' Jankovic at the O2 in Glasgow last night. Stepped in to take my superfan nephew as his mum was sick. Not a gig I'd ever have imagined going to (thought he was an 80s one-hit wonder) but it was a terrific show. Emo Phillips in support.

Hadn't been to this venue for years and if anything the surrounding dereliction is more grim than ever. The O2 feels like the last thing standing in a war zone. Not a pleasant walk to and from town in the dark with a child in tow.

Couple coming up.

Kris Barras band at the Caves on Wednesday followed by Those Damn Crows next Tuesday at The Garage in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    'Weird Al' Jankovic at the O2 in Glasgow last night. Stepped in to take my superfan nephew as his mum was sick. Not a gig I'd ever have imagined going to (thought he was an 80s one-hit wonder) but it was a terrific show. Emo Phillips in support.

Hadn't been to this venue for years and if anything the surrounding dereliction is more grim than ever. The O2 feels like the last thing standing in a war zone. Not a pleasant walk to and from town in the dark with a child in tow.

The walk down from the centre is an eye opener, O2 is down in the Gorbals area.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The walk down from the centre is an eye opener, O2 is down in the Gorbals area.
    4 minutes walk from Bridge Street underground station.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Bis at the Voodoo Rooms on Friday

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Bit left field this one but like a bit of classical now and then. Im watching a performance of Vivaldi's four seasons in a candle lit Sheffield Cathederal at the end of March. A gig of sorts.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

I was there too. I bought the tickets as I'd not seen Emo Phillips since the 80s.... Despite knowing non of the material, thought Weird Al was OK. Band was good, sound was good but surrounded by a bunch of singing fans left after about 30 minutes. I love live music, but this just wasn''t for me. Mrs O was really not enjoying herself. I got brownie points for saying we should just leave The neighbourhood is pretty scary thanks to streets of warehouses but I quite like the venue.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

4 minutes walk from Bridge Street underground station.
    Not if you're having to walk back up to Buchanan St to get the bus home, or heading for a city centre hotel for the night.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Bit left field this one but like a bit of classical now and then. Im watching a performance of Vivaldi's four seasons in a candle lit Sheffield Cathederal at the end of March. A gig of sorts.
    That sounds incredible.

I once seen the Royal Philharmonic perform Holst's 'Planets' in full at Guildford Cathedral by candelight - was a stunning experience.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not if you're having to walk back up to Buchanan St to get the bus home, or heading for a city centre hotel for the night.
    I've been to 3 gigs in Glasgow this month, 2 at St Luke's and 1 at the concert hall. I was staying at the Premier Inn in the Gorbals! Walking back from St Luke's along London Road is a bit of a worry as there are more people about.

I've been to 3 gigs in Glasgow this month, 2 at St Luke's and 1 at the concert hall. I was staying at the Premier Inn in the Gorbals! Walking back from St Luke's along London Road is a bit of a worry as there are more people about.
    Tbh you're probably pretty safe, just that area has that reputation.

I remember our first gig at the O2 a few years back, the change in scenery going down Renfield St, down Union St/Jamaica St and over the bridge, was an eye opener.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Cracking pub across the road from the O2 Academy, The Laurieston. A Glasgow institution. It has a letter on the wall from Jock Stein on Hibs headed paper, accepting the Celtic job.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Sonic Dissonance been announced for 2023, from 15th to the 17th September across 3 Edinburgh venues, Legends, Banshee Labyrinth and Bannermans. Over 30 bands appearing over the two days. Advanced tickets on sale for £30 for the weekend. It is a bit heavy on the Death Metal side but still some good bands appearing across a few genres.

Selection of bands on line up:
    Abyssal, Wallowing, Mastiff, Crepitation, Live Burial, Scordatura, Vacivus, Kastrated, Deus Vermin, Aphotic, Headless Kross, Nemorous, Exhumation, Ageless Summoning, Gendo Ikari, Penny Coffin, Uir, Coffin Mulch, Endless Swarm, BrainBath, Tymvos, Ven, Stairmaster, Forever Machine, Extort, Suffering Rites, Wolvesrot, Oliver Wardell, Secret Admirers, Unhallowed + more

Tickets available now through Tickets-Scotland.com Over 18s only due to the venues being pubs.

After the Red Crust Festival at the start of Feb this will be the 2nd metal weekend in Edinburgh this year, we may not have good mid-sized venues in Edinburgh but our small venues are rocking it with the bands they are attracting to play here. We still need to go to Glasgow to see the bigger bands but you will find a decent small metal gig somewhere in Edinburgh most weeks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    An all girl group called Slady, this Friday at the Waterloo pub Blackpool. A Slade tribute band, with a support band who play everything from Bowie to T rex and Mott the hoople.

It's only 5 minutes away from my house, so a bit of 70's and a few drinks, what's not to like?

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Just got tickets for Off With Their Heads at Audio in Glasgow in April. Looking forward to it as it's ten year anniversary tour for one of their best albums rather than some of the accoustic stuff they've been doing recently.

https://youtu.be/u3xsfcG0nV8

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Hamish Hawk was brilliant last night.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction