hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

15-6 Stone Roses,The View,Jake Bugg and Primal Scream
    22-6 Beady Eye
    28-6 Glasvegas

Not a bad month Just a pity The View at the picture house is the same night as Beady Eye.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Surprised I haven't seen anyone post about the Mark Knopfler gig at the SECC a few weeks back! One of my icons as a guitarist & he lived up to my expectations , absolutely cracking night! A bit of a change of pace from The View at Dundee the weekend before!

Next two gigs are the stone roses at GlasgowGreen which looks rather like a good day at a festival to me despite being a one off gig! Third time seeing the roses (never thought I'd get to say that) and seen the view loads of times but Jake Bugg will be new for me so hope he is decent live! Hope Primal Scream are as brilliant as I hope they are going to be! After that I have Beady Eye at the 02 ABC in Glasgow. Now that is bound to be some night as well!

Anyone doing the pre/post gig parties for GG? Seems to be loads kicking about!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Kinda buzzing for the Roses now
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

I'm hoping there will be another Hibby at the Wickerman?

I doubt it though

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Anyone seen stage times for the Roses? I'm guessing it might be an eariler curfew with it being outdoors but I'm a bit concerened about making it back for the last train to Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen stage times for the Roses? I'm guessing it might be an eariler curfew with it being outdoors but I'm a bit concerened about making it back for the last train to Edinburgh.
    Think it will be normal 11pm curfew. Doors don't open till late afternoon, 4pm iirc, plus Glasgow green doesn't have moany neighbours to deal with unlike meadowbank and murrayfield.

Dam just posting that makes me sad that the gigs at meadowbank got shelved. Apart from the festival season those were my favourite gigs of the year. Especially the year they had Radiohead/beck on the tues and Muse/MCR and Biffy on the thurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    The last train to Edinburgh from Queen St is 11:30pm, if you get away before the crowds you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    I'm hoping there will be another Hibby at the Wickerman?

I doubt it though
    I'll be at wickerman so you won't be a lone Hibee

Getting very excited for Glasgow Green next weekend now , scorching day in Glasgow today hope it stays that way for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    The last train to Edinburgh from Queen St is 11:30pm, if you get away before the crowds you should be ok.
    Buses run from Buchanan St till 3am I believe.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I was at the PBS gig at the Caves and it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't the best venue for them and the sound was poor. They were a lot better when I first saw them at the Voodoo Rooms.
    That`s a pity, always disappointing when gigs don`t live up to high expectations of previous experiences. Believe me, I know all about it - I`m a Fall fan..

Last week a few of us enjoyed very much veteran Canadian prog-punk band NoMeansNo at a well filled Electric Circus, a fabulous set full of energy and some light hearted humour. What made the night that even more enjoyable was support by way of young Scottish band Fat Goth. They really were outstanding, and another exciting Scottish band to keep an eye out for. All in all the perfect way to banish those Cup Final blues that loomed for a couple days post Hampden!
    Has to be said, the Electric Circus is getting some great artists to play this last year and in the future

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leith62 View Post
    How were the DM gigs? Any particular highlights? Good luck getting your flights to London, I'm going to see them in Munich on the Saturday after the final and if we win I don't fancy my changes of making my flight :-)
    How were DM in Munich?

Gamer IDs

Yeah I tend not to be too good at getting away sharp from gigs and knowing my mate he'll want to get right down the front

As a side note, I've just listened to the new Primal Scream album, it's really good. I'm possibly more excited about seeing them than the Roses.

Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    I'll be at wickerman so you won't be a lone Hibee

Getting very excited for Glasgow Green next weekend now , scorching day in Glasgow today hope it stays that way for a week.

Great stuff, if you see a Hibs flag make sure to give me a shout!

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    How were DM in Munich?
    They were great thanks. we were in Munich for about 72 hours and it rained, mostly torrential, for about 66 of those but incredibly it stopped for the three hours we were in the stadium :-) was in the rear standing bit and I'm not the tallest so it was a bit likewatching a video for me at times but the atmosphere was great. really looking forward to Glasgow as it will feel like a tiny venue in comparison. have booked a hotel in Glasgow and definitely going along to the after show thing you mentioned, is it ticket in advance or do you just turn up. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by leith62 View Post
    They were great thanks. we were in Munich for about 72 hours and it rained, mostly torrential, for about 66 of those but incredibly it stopped for the three hours we were in the stadium :-) was in the rear standing bit and I'm not the tallest so it was a bit likewatching a video for me at times but the atmosphere was great. really looking forward to Glasgow as it will feel like a tiny venue in comparison. have booked a hotel in Glasgow and definitely going along to the after show thing you mentioned, is it ticket in advance or do you just turn up. cheers.
    Just turn up, free entry with your gig ticket. It will probably be open pre-gig as well. Most folk I know are staying at Jury's, which is very near Classic Grand. Really looking forward to it, looks like it's going to be a great venue and the indoor arena shows are always better than the big stadium gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post

Great stuff, if you see a Hibs flag make sure to give me a shout!
    And if you see a drunkard in a Hibs top be sure and wave

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Fire at The Hydro today. With it already running behind schedule, there must be a doubt over gigs booked in September, October and November now. A lot of big names due in those first few months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...51481050184220

Theres a bus from Buchanan Street Bus Station at 2359 too, if you miss the train.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Aldoo x
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    15-6 Stone Roses,The View,Jake Bugg and Primal Scream
    22-6 Beady Eye
    28-6 Glasvegas

Not a bad month Just a pity The View at the picture house is the same night as Beady Eye.
    Unless you're staying out late in Glasgow you could possibly make The View after Beady Eye, they've been coming on at about 12.50/1 o'clock at their other Propaganda gigs

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Had to sell my Roses ticket as i'm moving house on Saturday. Soul destroying
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Going to an all dayer on Bristol on the august bank holiday with tons of cracking bands but headlined by Sick of it All. Just that fact was enough to convince me!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Going to an all dayer on Bristol on the august bank holiday with tons of cracking bands but headlined by Sick of it All. Just that fact was enough to convince me!
    Deadpunk? Toyed with the idea but going to opt for the UK Vans Warped Tour at Alexandra Palace on the 16th and 17th of November instead.

Billy Talent, Rise Against, Anberlin, Memphis May Fire, Coheed and Cambria and Yellowcard to name but a few.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Deadpunk? Toyed with the idea but going to opt for the UK Vans Warped Tour at Alexandra Palace on the 16th and 17th of November instead.

Billy Talent, Rise Against, Anberlin, Memphis May Fire, Coheed and Cambria and Yellowcard to name but a few.
    Yeah, my friend books/promotes for Deadpunk.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Help please. How do you get into the front pit at the stone roses? Do you need a special ticket or is it first cone first served,
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Help please. How do you get into the front pit at the stone roses? Do you need a special ticket or is it first cone first served,
    I saw on another forum that you need a VIP ticket to get in the front bit.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Heaton Park gigs last year were first come first served. You got a wristband so could then leave front pit and wander around back etc after and get back in. VIP tickets just have you access to special bars and stuff. When I saw Coldplay at Glasgow green it was same set up.

Might be worth just going early in case that is case as you can then buy drink etc and relax at back then head back in! Perhaps even 2 circles at front if small VIP in operation.

Having seen roses at heaton would def recommend being as close to front as few folk complained who were further back that sound didnt travel well.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Elvis Costello this Sunday at the Festival Theatre
    Paul Weller at the castle 21st July
    The Smyths at Liquid Rooms 31August

That lot are giving my age away eh?

Going down to London tomorrow for Springsteen this weekend and my mate's just text to say she's got us a couple of free tickets for Thurston Moore's new band on the friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Heaton Park gigs last year were first come first served. You got a wristband so could then leave front pit and wander around back etc after and get back in. VIP tickets just have you access to special bars and stuff. When I saw Coldplay at Glasgow green it was same set up.

Might be worth just going early in case that is case as you can then buy drink etc and relax at back then head back in! Perhaps even 2 circles at front if small VIP in operation.

Having seen roses at heaton would def recommend being as close to front as few folk complained who were further back that sound didnt travel well.
    Didn't you see Coldplay at Bellahouston Park?

Bob Dylan

Dylan is playing Clyde Auditorium on the 11th, 12th and 13th of November.