hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Been pretty poor recently but my friend just bought me a Propagandhi + Comeback Kid + Shia Hulud ticket for next wednesday!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I've got Chvrches next Wednesday at The Garage, and The Twilight Sad at the Lemon Tree.

However you Edinburgh hombres should definitely go and see Meursault and Withered Hand at the Liquid Room next Friday. Gutted I can't go.

the View @ '20 Rocks' used to be 'the Dog House' in Dundee sat 11th May day before the PBS game
    gonna be wild , home town crowd in a very small venue.
    really looking forward to this

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    James last night at the O2 Academy in Newcastle where superb and took me back to my Floral Riot and Catch days (for punters of my vintage). 2 hour set with a few brand new tracks. So new that Tim Booth had to read the lyrics and the band made a few **** ups. I have to say, it was good to watch a band taking a few risks rather than just playing all the fans' favourites. Going to the sound check was pretty cool as well. They played a few songs and had a 30 minute chat, including inviting an 8 year old boy, who just started learning the drums, up on the stage for a shot of the drums. It was also great to see Echo The Bunnymen at last, who were the support. Very cool, alternative 80's stuff!

So, in recent months I've ssen The Killers, Stone Roses, Simple Minds, Hurts, James, Echo & The Bunnymen, Big Country, Deacon Blue, Emile Sandé, Noel Gallacher's HFB and a few more. All have been very good and some outstanding (Killiers and Hurts in particular). Next up, in just over 3 weeks, it's the headline act. DEPECHE MODE in Tel Aviv & Athens. NOT LONG NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how do you find the time to fit hibs in
    Missing the Derby in a few weeks due to being in Israel. Funnily enough, the only other Derby I have ever missed at Tynie, I was also in Tel Aviv for a Depeche gig. We won, the Casper game, so a good omen!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I've got Chvrches next Wednesday at The Garage, and The Twilight Sad at the Lemon Tree.

However you Edinburgh hombres should definitely go and see Meursault and Withered Hand at the Liquid Room next Friday. Gutted I can't go.
    Gutted I'm missing Chvrches tomorrow. Really like their stuff so far. Great to hear a young Scottish electronic band that are making some waves. They are supporting Depeche in a few shows over the summer so will hopefully get to see them. Make sure you give us a review!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    Gutted I'm missing Chvrches tomorrow. Really like their stuff so far. Great to hear a young Scottish electronic band that are making some waves. They are supporting Depeche in a few shows over the summer so will hopefully get to see them. Make sure you give us a review!
    It's a week today; can you make it then? I agree, obviously 'Lies' got a lot of hype but they've followed it up very strongly. The Depeche support gigs are really something for a band that have had only two singles!

Hmmm, they sound pretty good. Hadn't heard of them until this thread so cheers.

Along with heavy metal, indie rock, and trance, I am partial to this type of music as well

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Takedown Festival at Southampton University - May 11th
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    80s rewind festival at Perth in July.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

It's a week today; can you make it then? I agree, obviously 'Lies' got a lot of hype but they've followed it up very strongly. The Depeche support gigs are really something for a band that have had only two singles!
    Ooh, time to swap some shifts around and hopefully get along. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Hmmm, they sound pretty good. Hadn't heard of them until this thread so cheers.

Along with heavy metal, indie rock, and trance, I am partial to this type of music as well
    If that's Chvrches then they've just announced some dates in Oz. Might be heading to NZ as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Takedown Festival at Southampton University - May 11th
    Might be there too!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Anyone at The Strypes at the Liquid Rooms the other night?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Withered Hand is also a Hibee!

Lies is a great song. I'd say they were able to garner a lot of attention at that time because they knew the right people having been in Aereogramme and Twilight Sad. I believe their first gig was a sell out at Glasgow School of Art.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Lies is a great song. I'd say they were able to garner a lot of attention at that time because they knew the right people having been in Aereogramme and Twilight Sad. I believe their first gig was a sell out at Glasgow School of Art.
    Yes, their first gig. That is unless you were at a Vic Galloway night at the Electric Circus a few months before where they secretly played under the pseudonym 'Shark Week'. Lies remains their best track in my eyes, however Song by Toad's rant about the lunacy of their hype still stands true.

I never had Dan down as a football fan. Goes to show!

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Yes, their first gig. That is unless you were at a Vic Galloway night at the Electric Circus a few months before where they secretly played under the pseudonym 'Shark Week'. Lies remains their best track in my eyes, however Song by Toad's rant about the lunacy of their hype still stands true.

Could not agree more Shocked and indeed stunned (unless Gordon Ballboy Roped him in )
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Indeed, Spurs is his original team. Was chatting to him at the Xmas Baubles. Don't even remember how we got on to Hibs but we spent a good drunken hour on the subject!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Enjoying very much right now The Wave Pictures at South Leith Parish Church Halls. Infectious music in a " bring your own bottle" affair as part of Brinksfest. Great music in the heart of Leith.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 21-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Gamer IDs

Funeral for a Friend are playing at my work on Thursday night and tickets are only £10 - yes please!

Review of Black Sabbath the other night: Awesome. Tony Iommi in particularly fine form

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Enjoying very much right now The Wave Pictures at South Leith Parish Church Halls. Infectious music in a " bring your own bottle" affair as part of Brinksfest. Great music in the heart of Leith.
    Annoyed I missed that. I didn't see this advertised at all.

I've got my ticket for that!

For those of you who are fans of the Scottish indie scene, follow the link and like the page! We put on indie gigs to raise money for the Sick Kids and we always strive to get the best acts around so in the past we've had Scott Hutchison, Meursault, Ballboy, Broken Records and we're currently planning our next one. We also try to make the gigs as fairly priced as possible and they take place in an intimate setting!

https://www.facebook.com/sickkidsedinburghgigs

Rammstein gigs in Lisbon & Madrid were just mental especially the Madrid one, 15,000 mental Spaniards going crazy to a German band, who sing in German.

Just superb, good link here of the full show in Barca last week for anyone wondering what a Rammstein show is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1EKMNHMes

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Went to see modestep at the O2 in Glasgow in February. Mental.

Other than that not a lot until the summer. Anyone going to BBK in Bilbao? Awesome line up: green day, kings of leon, biffy Clyro and vampire weekend. Depeche mode and the hives too! £75 for 3 days camping tickets!

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    not a gig as such but of to eastern electrics in august in london. mental line up http://www.easternelectrics.com/

will be djing at one of the afterpartys too

How were Chvrches?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Funeral for a Friend are playing at my work on Thursday night and tickets are only £10 - yes please!
    Awesome gig. Surrey Union is pretty small so it was a brilliant, intimate atmosphere with a lively crowd. Support by both Polar and Fly This For Me who were also decent.

FFAF are playing again in the centre of Guildford tonight but I have plans or I'd go see them again.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Anyone going to the Stone Roses at Glasgow Green?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net