hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3752

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want to go to a gig and appreciate the stone roses go see rh complete stone roses! Still a quality day out.
    Indeed. They are playing in Leven In Aug!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Absolutely. Could hardly hear them but sing along was good.
    Was standing about halfway back on the pitch and they sounded so quiet... Hampden really is ****, isn't it? I enjoyed yesterday but there were too many factors that contributed to it not being a patch on Glasgow Green or Manchester.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    This is to wind up Brog 😆

Saw the wonderful Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes in Amsterdam on Saturday. Followed up with Steve van Zandt last night. Blistering set.

All topped off with SSJ joining SVZ for the encore. Emotions torn apart and a major ambition fulfilled......

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Was standing about halfway back on the pitch and they sounded so quiet... Hampden really is ****, isn't it? I enjoyed yesterday but there were too many factors that contributed to it not being a patch on Glasgow Green or Manchester.
    Hampden is a poor venue. Gig finished at half 10, after getting to and waiting a futile 30 mins at Mount Florida we hiked back into town and got back got the hotel at quarter to 1! Thank *&*! I wasn't due to head back to Edinburgh the same night

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Booked up for Leeds on the Friday to se LG.

The Sherlocks are playing too but other than that it's a ***** line up - be worth the trip for Liam Gallagher alone though.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Booked up for Leeds on the Friday to se LG.

The Sherlocks are playing too but other than that it's a ***** line up - be worth the trip for Liam Gallagher alone though.
    I'd toyed with a ticket to Leeds for the Friday too, but with the exception of Architects and Breaking Benjamin I didn't find it worth the money.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Hampden is a poor venue. Gig finished at half 10, after getting to and waiting a futile 30 mins at Mount Florida we hiked back into town and got back got the hotel at quarter to 1! Thank *&*! I wasn't due to head back to Edinburgh the same night
    And I though going to Hampden with Hibs was bad enough. Joke of a stadium not fit for purpose and stewards are hopeless. We had standing tickets but ended up sitting in the stand for half the night. Seemed to me that people could just go where they wanted and we were involved in a massive crush underneath the south stand where the bar and all the porta cabins were. Was very frightening as one line of stewards were pushing the crowd one way and another line of stewards pushing the crowd the other so crowd wash pushing into each other. People were going nuts and a few people had to be seen by paramedics as it was a proper struggle. Lots of people complaining to the stewards and wanting something done about it but were just told to go away or being laughed at. Then there's the bar situation where you gotta queue half an hour for tokens to then have to then have to spend another half hour queuing to get served the drink, thank god they don't serve alcohol at the football. Saw many drunken sights including guys just peeing everywhere (inside the stadium). No idea how women cope with needing the toilet as nowhere near enough for them and seemed to be queing for ages to use the ones that were there. Also what's the script with smoking? How come you can't smoke at the football but are freely allowed to smoke inside the stadium at a gig .
    To top the night off, some wee lassie spewed all over one of our group. Not a pleasant sight but what you gonna do, was a wee girl about 16 who just said sorry and then continued to jump about daft.
    As others have said, getting back into town was a farce. Do they not put on extra buses and trains like they do at the football?

I've seen some sights going to Hampden with Hibs but Saturday topped them all and doubt I'd ever go back again for a concert.

Took me 3.5 hours to get back to Portobello after the England game the other week. Horrendous scenes.

I also recall getting back from a U2 gig at Hampden in 2005 at something mental like 3am due to traffic getting away from Hampden/Glasgow!

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Going to see Vida & The Rah's at King Tuts on 15th July, looking forward to it.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Going to see Vida & The Rah's at King Tuts on 15th July, looking forward to it.
    King Tuts is rapidly becoming my most hated venue in Glasgow.

Their late-start policy for gigs is brutal, especially for those of us travelling in from out of town.

Went to see Every Time I Die play there last December, and I left at midnight - their set was only half done.

I thought it was because something was wrong, but every gig I've fancied going to since then has also been a 'doors at 8:30pm' start.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    The Charlatans x2 (o2 academy Glasgow & o2 apollo Manchester)
    Shed Seven (o2 academy Glasgow)
    Happy Mondays (o2 academy Glasgow)
    Royal Blood (hydro Glasgow)
    Gorillaz (hydro Glasgow)
    Reverend & The Makers (the garage Glasgow)

Also got a Saturday ticket for TRNSMT Festival this weekend at Glasgow Green. Planning on seeing Kasabian, The Kooks and Catfish & The Bottlemen.

Busy 6 months ahead

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    King Tuts is rapidly becoming my most hated venue in Glasgow.

Their late-start policy for gigs is brutal, especially for those of us travelling in from out of town.

Went to see Every Time I Die play there last December, and I left at midnight - their set was only half done.

I thought it was because something was wrong, but every gig I've fancied going to since then has also been a 'doors at 8:30pm' start.
    Bit worried by this as going to see Employed to Serve there on a Sunday night in a few weeks...hello brutally expensive taxi

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Bit worried by this as going to see Employed to Serve there on a Sunday night in a few weeks...hello brutally expensive taxi
    If you're able, and don't mind not drinking, I'd drive through. Parking is pretty easy to get on a Sunday night around Bath Street, St Vincent Street or in Blythswood Square.

If it's the Milk Teeth gig, doors open at 8:00pm and there are two support acts in Employed to Serve and Wallflower.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    If you're able, and don't mind not drinking, I'd drive through. Parking is pretty easy to get on a Sunday night around Bath Street, St Vincent Street or in Blythswood Square.

If it's the Milk Teeth gig, doors open at 8:00pm and there are two support acts in Employed to Serve and Wallflower.
    Aye that's the one. Not much of a milk teeth fan so as long as ETS are done by 11 all will be well.
    Not drinking probably not an option for this as anticipate it will be fairly mental.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Watching the highlights of TRNSMT this totally passes me by had no idea it was on but Kasabian are unreal. Love watching them live

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Watching the highlights of TRNSMT this totally passes me by had no idea it was on but Kasabian are unreal. Love watching them live
    Was there yesterday and loved Radiohead. Watching Kasabian at the moment on tv and they're different class.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Sublime with Rome at Shepherds Bush. Won't be the same without Bradley but still really looking forward to it.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Next weekend sees Party Fears Three play their annual Festival gig at Liquid Rooms followed by a main stage slot at Party at the Palace on the Sunday. Get yourself along if you like your 80's synth bands.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Four tickets bought for The Killers at Staples Center LA February 2018. Never heard of them so need to Spotify and find out if we want to go.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Four tickets bought for The Killers at Staples Center LA February 2018. Never heard of them so need to Spotify and find out if we want to go.
    Depends on your tastes I suppose - I know they're quite popular, but for me, they released one really good album (their first) and everything after that just sounded derivative and insipid - pretty typical of the Indie bands from that era.

I seen them live at my only ever trip to T in the Park in 2005, and they were entertaining enough.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Is anyone going to Frabbits gig in Paisley?

If so, if you hear of a spare ticket or two can you give me a shout please.

Depends on your tastes I suppose - I know they're quite popular, but for me, they released one really good album (their first) and everything after that just sounded derivative and insipid - pretty typical of the Indie bands from that era.

I seen them live at my only ever trip to T in the Park in 2005, and they were entertaining enough.
    Some good tracks but these tickets will be going on offer.

Got tickets to see Wolf Alice at Fat Sam's in Dundee, should be cracking.

At Kendrick Lamar in Staples Center and a guy next to us I us toking on something rather aromatic and skunky like.

I am sticking to the Stella but breathing rapidly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Interesting way to go about buying tickets for a gig...

I see you're not keen but I would recommend seeing them live, great stuff - seen them 5 or 6 times now!

Their last album was poor, but I think the first two are superb. The third is okay for the most part.

I like their most recent single 'Run For Cover' which to me sounds like a bit of a return to form. We shall see.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Going to a gig on the 22nd and can't decide between 2 - My old mans daft on Stiff Little Fingers and he's already got tickets for the Liquid Rooms, seen them at T last year and they were brilliant. Clashes with Definetely Oasis at La Belle Angele tho. Good dilemma however.

Sets me up for Liam Gallagher at Leeds three days later. Canny wait.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Paul Weller, the Wiltern, Oct 27th

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Off to New York in November, and I see there's tickets available for Liam Gallagher when I'm there, may have to go along to that.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I've just seen Mogwai are playing the Hydro, supported by Ride. That's a great line up but I wish it was in a different venue, I've been to the Hydro once and really didn't like it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I've just seen Mogwai are playing the Hydro, supported by Ride. That's a great line up but I wish it was in a different venue, I've been to the Hydro once and really didn't like it.
    I'm going to that. I've never seen Mogwai do a show with poor sound, but we were recommended to opt for standing tickets for best sound in The Hydro.

Tonight is a trip to Leith Theatre for the Neu Reekie Trainspotting 21st anniversary do. Irvine Welsh and Ewen Bremner both reading, the film played, Arthur Baker dj'ing but highlight is the Fire Engines playing live. (Wonder if Irvine managed to get an Ibrox brief.?)