hibs.net Messageboard

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1744

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

  1. #1711
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,304
    Going to Gaz Coombes on Tuesday and tickets bought for Lake Street Dive next year with the wife.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1712
    First Team Breakthrough IllinoisHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    St Charles, IL
    Age
    41
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very jealous. Probably my favourite live band in the world. I went to see Ash in Chicago last month and it was amazing!

    My next two coming up are Jarvis Cocker in Hackney, and Young Fathers in Los Angeles!
    I was at that Ash gig! Small world. 😁 Thought it was amazing as well.

  4. #1713
    Testimonial Due Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,780
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Ash tomorrow night in Manchester. Down here with work so a pleasant surprise that someone decent was playing this week.

  5. #1714
    Testimonial Due LustForLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Bus From Hell
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,855
    Great gig from Jack White the other night at the Usher shall. Played for almost two and a half hours

  6. #1715
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,621
    Blog Entries
    1
    Saint Sister on Saturday (girlfriends choice not mine)

  7. #1716
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    fife
    Posts
    385
    The coral at Eh6 next month.support from Kyle Faulkner & a great Edinburgh band miracle glass company.

  8. #1717
    tried to get tickets for fleetwood mac next year, the £85 tickets sold out in less than a minute!

  9. #1718
    Testimonial Due Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,780
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Manic Street Preachers at Usher Hall next May. Missed one in 2016 at Hydro as we happened to win a cup that day. Best concert I've never seen :)

  10. #1719
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,257
    Not exactly upcoming but Iím going to see The Cure at Belahouston Park next August.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

  11. #1720
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stoke Newington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,859
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at that Ash gig! Small world. 😁 Thought it was amazing as well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed the slightly 'well on' Scotsman near the front of that gig... it was a long day of brewery visits!

  12. #1721
    Going to see this band called The Proclaimers on Sat 10th Nov. at the Playhouse. Anyone heard of them? 😆💚

  13. #1722
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fife
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,903
    proclaimers on Sunday down in Manchester. looking forward to it.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  14. #1723
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manic Street Preachers at Usher Hall next May. Missed one in 2016 at Hydro as we happened to win a cup that day. Best concert I've never seen :)

    I went to that Manics gig after the cup final! What a day that was!!

  15. #1724
    First Team Breakthrough IllinoisHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    St Charles, IL
    Age
    41
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed the slightly 'well on' Scotsman near the front of that gig... it was a long day of brewery visits!
    LOL there are too many great breweries around here! This was one gig where we hung out near the back.

    The Twilight Sad were awesome, the venue was abysmal, the PA was so bad we could hardly here the singing.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  16. #1725
    Rammstein in Berlin on June 22nd & Milton Keynes July 6th.

  17. #1726
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,082
    Cockney Rejects next month at La Belle Angele. Dragging my missus there, should be fun 😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  18. #1727
    Testimonial Due Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,780
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    House of Love were outstanding last night at Qmu. Although Guy Chadwick now looks about 70 I think they sounded as good as ever.

    Edit: just checked and he is 62 so probably been a bit harsh on the guy.
    Last edited by Hibby70; 09-11-2018 at 10:41 AM.

  19. #1728
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,862
    Proclaimers tonight!

  20. #1729
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    west lothian
    Posts
    1,523
    Looking forward to Proclaimers tonight at Playhouse.

  21. #1730
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Got tickets from Show Film First for King Crimson on Tuesday at the Playhouse, only £2 each, good wee site and some nice cheap offers for gigs, shows and films. They're a prog rock band, not my usual but for £2 they'll do.

  22. #1731
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Killie
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to that Manics gig after the cup final! What a day that was!!
    Same here and Editors supporting made it a great day all round:-)

  23. #1732
    I missed editors I was in the Boozer celebrating!!

  24. #1733
    @hibs.net private member vince1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Restalrig
    Posts
    4,086
    Sitting in a pub in Glasgow waiting for the Slayer gig to start tonight. Lamb of God, Anthrax on the bill too. Anyone else going? This is the last Slayer tour, I first seen them in 1990 at Clash of the Titans with Suicidal Tendencies, Testament and Megadeth. Canít believe this will be the last time I see them live!


    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

  25. #1734
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,247

    Upcoming gigs?

    Proclaimers in Glasgow Saturday evening, cannot wait!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #1735
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Double blue gig in Glasgow on 15th December - Deacon Blue, supported by Blue Rose Code ...... excellent.

  27. #1736
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got tickets from Show Film First for King Crimson on Tuesday at the Playhouse, only £2 each, good wee site and some nice cheap offers for gigs, shows and films. They're a prog rock band, not my usual but for £2 they'll do.
    I'll be interested to see what you think. KC can be a challenging live experience!

  28. #1737
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be interested to see what you think. KC can be a challenging live experience!

    Had a wee listen on youtube, I'm quite open music wise but generally curious with this one.

  29. #1738
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be interested to see what you think. KC can be a challenging live experience!

    Decidedly interesting evening of music to say the least. Technically fantastic musicians, the 3 drummers are absolutely amazing and the sax player is also brilliant, prog rock at it's best with huge jazz undertones, some tracks did go on a bit too long but prog rock does that, so definitely an enjoyable evening and something I would not normally go out my to listen to but I'm glad I did.

  30. #1739
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Decidedly interesting evening of music to say the least. Technically fantastic musicians, the 3 drummers are absolutely amazing and the sax player is also brilliant, prog rock at it's best with huge jazz undertones, some tracks did go on a bit too long but prog rock does that, so definitely an enjoyable evening and something I would not normally go out my to listen to but I'm glad I did.
    Glad you enjoyed it. You don't get to see many bands of the quality of King Crimson in a lifetime. Shame they didn't do Schizoid Man as encore (as they did in Glasgow the night before), but Starless was an excellent replacement. The three drummers are, as you pointed out, absolutely brilliant. A three hour show including a 20 minute intermission. I'm on cloud 9 this morning.

  31. #1740
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad you enjoyed it. You don't get to see many bands of the quality of King Crimson in a lifetime. Shame they didn't do Schizoid Man as encore (as they did in Glasgow the night before), but Starless was an excellent replacement. The three drummers are, as you pointed out, absolutely brilliant. A three hour show including a 20 minute intermission. I'm on cloud 9 this morning.

    I couldn't tell you the names of any tunes except the Court of the Crimson King and as you say great length of time for a show.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved