hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Does working for 3 hours at T in the Park count when I only saw a tiny bit of 2 crap bands?

Was there on Friday, and it was nice, but once the crowds started coming in it was going to be a bit of a mess. You just need to look at the TITP facebook page to see what a poorly organised event it was.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been a quietish spell gig wise for me. Went to see Mogwai at the Barrowlands two weeks ago and they were absolutely magnificent as always. Some of the loudest but heart-achingly beautiful music you`ll hear. Saw The Crocodiles at Sneaky Pete`s a few days earlier and the energetic Californian garage rock deserves a bigger stage than that of Sneaky Petes. A cover of Plastic Bertrand`s "Ca Plane Pour Moi" with support band onstage as well for a joyous encore capped a fine night indeed.
    I quite fancy Sauna Youth, who play The Old hairdressers in Glasgow on Saturday, but will need to be a late decision as to whether I can attend. Have got fed up waiting for The Fall to head north of the border again so have booked to see them in Clitheroe in October. Going to get tickets for Brix and the Extricated at Glasgow in November as well.
    Gutted that crocodiles gig missed my attention. The new albums very good

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    If anyone is looking for some new music my band, Armstrong (www.soundcloud.com/armstrongband & www.facebook.com/armstronguk), will be playing Bannerman's on 30th of July. Should be a fun pre fringe Thursday Night out.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Went to see Anton Newcombe (of Brian Jonestown massacre fame) and Tess Parks (of Tess Parks fame) at King Tuts last night. Absolutely brilliant, the new album is absolutely ace.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Got tickets yesterday to see the foo fighters, hopefully goes ahead this time

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Depeche Mode tribute band Speak & Spell play Electric Circus on Saturday 7th November. These guys regularly play to sell out crowds around Europe and are very true to the band. The lead singer is the vocal and visual spitting image of Dave Gahan, right down to the tattoos. They are playing Violator in full and all the hits. The next best thing to seeing DM in Edinburgh, which will never happen.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1586365044960456/

image.jpg

Only got tickets for 1 gig for the rest of the year! Gigs are a bit thin on the ground in these parts at the moment.

Kasabian at Corn Exhange on the 20th August

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    So as I mentioned earlier in the thread,my band Armstrong, will be playing Bannermans on Thursday the 30th July (next Thursday). Check us out at www.facebook.com/armstronguk or www.soundcloud.com/armstrongband.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Got tickets today for Idlewild, Leftfield and The Cribs.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Leftfield at Corn Exchange,
    Shiine weekender at Minehead (4 of us going for 3 days)
    Hopefully Ride at Corn Exchange, tickets not yet purchased (It's Ozyhibbys turn)

James last night were superb. Odd set list missing out a couple of their biggest hits and and Laid and Sit Down very early on but they were on great form. Loads of crowd surfing from Tim until security stopped him. Maybe they would have been better off dealing with the huge pagger that lasted about 10 minutes with rumours on James forums of a stabbing?
    First gig at the Ross Bandstand. Great for viewing and an amazing setting but what an absolute shambles. Ridiculous queues for a beer and next to no security until the police turned up en mass after the huge fight.

Testimonial Due
    Calvin Harris last night at Bellahouston Park in Glasgow. What a great night, absolutely ruined now though.

Going to see Florence and the machine at the Oddysey Arena in Belfast a week on Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Next week sees a return for me to gig action. Going to see King Khan & BBQ Show at Sneaky Pete`s on Wednesday, then Autobhan at Broadcast on Saturday night. Tickets also purchased for Soft Moon, The Lovely Eggs and The Orb for later on in year.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Thoroughly enjoyed the Foo fighters gig on Tuesday. Royal blood were excellent for a start. I was slightly dubious about how entertaining the main event would be, given Grohl spends the whole gig on a giant chair. BUT, it was brilliant. He's a great front man at the end of the day and can hold the crowds attention. Plus they done 2hrs 10mins, so good value!

Got Midstock festival this saturday, in Dalkeith, featuring The Rah's, Hoosiers, Fish & The Fratellis. After that, got Ocean colour scene acoustic gig in Dunfermline, Imagine Dragons at the Hydro and The Proclaimers at Rothes Halls in Glenrothes.

There is a really good gig coming up on Saturday 19th September at La Belle Angele, Broken Records, Hagana and King Eider, cracking line up.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I'm just back from the half man half biscuit gig at the ABC in Glasgow.
    Typically brilliant set with a good selection of tunes from all their albums including the old classics like f***ing hell it's Fred titmus, all I want for Christmas is the dukla Prague away kit & trumpton riots.

One of the few bands I never tire of listening to.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tame impala in london. heard they were exceelnt at the barras so looking forward to this

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    I'm just back from the half man half biscuit gig at the ABC in Glasgow.
    Typically brilliant set with a good selection of tunes from all their albums including the old classics like f***ing hell it's Fred titmus, all I want for Christmas is the dukla Prague away kit & trumpton riots.

One of the few bands I never tire of listening to.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Didn't know they were playing Glasgow - not that long since I saw them in The Liquid Rooms so not too disappointed. Missus was out Friday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    tame impala in london. heard they were exceelnt at the barras so looking forward to this
    I was there. You won't be disappointed

@hibs.net private member
    King Crimson at the Usher Hall. Can't wait!

Barenaked Ladies next month.

Just got tickets for Hurts in Glasgow, Helsinki and Tallinn next year. Delighted!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed the Foo fighters gig on Tuesday. Royal blood were excellent for a start. I was slightly dubious about how entertaining the main event would be, given Grohl spends the whole gig on a giant chair. BUT, it was brilliant. He's a great front man at the end of the day and can hold the crowds attention. Plus they done 2hrs 10mins, so good value! Got Midstock festival this saturday, in Dalkeith, featuring The Rah's, Hoosiers, Fish & The Fratellis. After that, got Ocean colour scene acoustic gig in Dunfermline, Imagine Dragons at the Hydro and The Proclaimers at Rothes Halls in Glenrothes.
    Have to say that having seen Royal Blood at the Barrowlands a few months back I was concerned with the size of the venue..... How wrong could I be. Outstanding and that was the support.

As for the Foos well let's just say there is not a word to describe how good they were. Started off with 4 on the bounce and to finish with Best of you then Everlong (my fav Foos tune) just made the gig!

I am really hoping to go and see them in the States at some point and hopefully not missed the boat.

Next ... Well I'm off to see Twin Atlantic on Sunday in Perth!

Then it's Craig and Charlie in November just along the road at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Got tickets to see Muse at the O2 in London next April - greatly looking forward to it as they're one of the best live acts I've seen.

Hated their last album but they hit form again with Drones, with a lot of nods to OOS, Absolution and Black Holes..

Twin Atlantic were outstanding last night in Perth. One of the best Gigs I've been to.

Might have to try and find a gig to go to in New York to fill the void before the Proclaimers!!

Black Sabbath on 28 April followed by Iron Maiden on 1 May. Quite remarkable being able to see those two so close together, particularly in NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Twin Atlantic were outstanding last night in Perth. One of the best Gigs I've been to.

Might have to try and find a gig to go to in New York to fill the void before the Proclaimers!!
    There are a few good venues in NYC. I saw KT Tunstall at Terminal 5, Obviously big gigs happen at Madison Square Garden, but look at smaller venues like Bowery Ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    There are a few good venues in NYC. I saw KT Tunstall at Terminal 5, Obviously big gigs happen at Madison Square Garden, but look at smaller venues like Bowery Ballroom.
    Cheers for that. Been checking places on line already. We are staying in SoHo and there are a couple of live music venues in and around there.

Hopefully find a half decent gig nearby!