hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Sigur Ros at the SECC on 2 March.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?
    I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen
    I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    I have seen hundreds of gigsover the years and have been lucky to see some amazing live bands in their prime....U2, Simple Minds, Iron Maiden, Marillion, Madness, Stone Roses, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, INXS and some 80's band called Depeche Mode once or twice. Hell, I've even seen T'Pau. I have to say, The Killers last night in Aberdeen were right up there with the very best of them. Absolutely outstanding gig. I think I may have a man crush on Brandon Flowers!
    The Killers are superb live. Managed to see them a few times now - Brisbane in 2004, TITP in 2005, Carling Academy Glasgow in 2006, TITP 2007 and Sydney in 2009. Pretty annoyed they don't seem to be coming to New Zealand next year while they are in Australia doing a few festivals.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!
    If you get lucky again don't forget me! Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses

If you get lucky again don't forget me! Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses
    Phoning? Get on the t'interweb and time it right. I have only missed out on tickets ONCE ever using the net...if youa re on at 8:59am and hitting refresh, you should get it. I don't think I've ever been successful trying to phone for a ticket in my life.

Of course not mate ;)! Ah no luck there like! I expected Brown to be sh*** but with Mani Reni and especially that man god Squire in tow he can't fail to put on a show. I actually think his voice is far better than its been in many years though so you could well be pleasantly surprised if it stays that way till June!

I'd agree with Steve-O above though get on the web don't phone! If you can't get on the web at the right time then give your ticket money to someone trustworthy and have them buy the tickets , you'll have a much better chance that way! :) good luck!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Cheers guys tinternet it is

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only a few for me

Frankie & Heartsrings at Elextric Circus in November.

Early next year:
    Jake Bugg in Feb.
    Of Monstets and Men
    Alt-j

Just back from seeing Cribs headline Haddow fest, that was greAt day.

Also recently saw Whole Lotta Led (Led Zep tribute band) at Picture house and thought they were top notch.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Public Service Broadcasting at the Lemon Tree tonight. Then I've got Twin Atlantic at the Music Hall on Monday (pending my train up from London being punctual). After that it's a barren couple of months until the Christmas Songwriters Club at the Queens Hall on December 22nd (highly recommended).

Got a few tickets for springtime in the last few days. Biffy Clyro in Aberdeen and also Frightened Rabbit in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow.

On another note, Muse were their usual fantastic selves at the SECC last night.
    I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.
    I did it with Frightened Rabbit on their Highland Tour in April. I did Aviemore, Stornoway, Portree, Strathpeffer and Dunoon on consecutive nights, and did it all with just a tent! It was tiring but well worth it!

I would be going to see The Xcerts up here but unfortunately I won't get a Saturday night off work during Christmas night out season.

Cheers guys tinternet it is
    Did you manage to get yourself a ticket then mate? :)

I struck out myself , serves me right for trusting someone else to get our tickets. Hopefully people don't rip the pish too bad on eBay.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

I struck out myself , serves me right for trusting someone else to get our tickets. Hopefully people don't rip the pish too bad on eBay.
    keep trying Ticketmaster online mate, I just got mines now, after you'd posted this!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Same here mate unless other folk have came thru looking doubtful though

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    keep trying Ticketmaster online mate, I just got mines now, after you'd posted this!
    No can do , not home yet and have zero in the bank at present. I have 80 quid to collect en-route and had my mate told me before 9am this morning he 'wasn't allowed' to get tickets I could have had my cousin pick up that money and use it to buy my ticket. Moral of the story? Never trust a 20 year old stay at home mummy's boy who still gets told he's not allowed to such 'dangerous' events. Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with some people in all honesty.

Anyway well done to anyone who got tickets and I will still see you all there no doubt as I can't go missing this!

Same here mate unless other folk have came thru looking doubtful though
    No luck! As alluded to above perhaps trusting other folk with such vitally important task was not the best brain wave for either of us. Fingers crossed for you though mate!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Lostprophets and We Are The Ocean on Monday at the HMV Picture House

Finch - 10 year reunion gig, performing What It Is To Burn in its entirety - Brixton Academy, London, March next year.

That's all for now!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Have a busy November lined up.

Wedding Present - Seamonsters Tour - Liquid Rooms
    Moon Duo - Glasgow Art School
    The Fall - Glasgow Arches
    Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - Pleasance

Then just the one so far for December, God is an Astronaut - Glasgow Oran Mor

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Already bought tickets for:

The View - Barrowlands 17th December
    Jake Bugg - Edinburgh Picture House in February
    Stone Roses - Glasgow Green 15th June

Also buying a ticket for Complete Stone Roses at Glasow O2 Academy in December, one of the best cover bands around.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Just back in Dundee from the HMV Lostprophets/We Are The Ocean/PureLove gig.

Wasn't overly in the mood for a gig tonight (the hour and a bit long drive really doesn't help) and took a while to get going, not aided by the ridiculous queue to get in...

I despised The Gallows, so I was always going to hate PureLove and sure enough did. We Are The Ocean were also a bit of a disappointment for me, quite clearly missing their former vocalist who recently left them.

I was apprehensive about the Prophets prior to the gig also - I've seen recorded footage of them live and I've never been impressed. I had seen them live before, but it was almost 10 years to the day, when they first toured Fake Sound of Progress. They were brilliant tonight though - note perfect, good energy and a brilliantly mixed playlist which got the crowd behind them from the off. Really enjoyed it in the end, which I wasn't expecting up until they came on the stage!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

I despised The Gallows,
    A terrible band who never seemed to understand there is such a thing a "bass". All top end and *****!

After much moaning on this thread I actually picked up a ticket for Stone Roses at Glasgow Green on eBay for 85 quid. Not too bad , was expecting to have to take a major hit in order to procure one! Roll on next June it's gonna be some night! Also I got stereophonics tickets and a ticket for the view the night afterwards! Might be seeing the rifles in a few weeks at king tuts as well and I am going to Dumfries to see Steve Craddock sometime in the next few weeks , canny mind the date as its my cousin got me the tickets! This along with Manchester for Courteeners/View and possibly Kilmarnock grand hall for the proclaimers. Busy end to the year after all - happy days!
    Last edited by deeks01; 08-11-2012 at 01:01 AM.

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster have reformed and touring as the original group. Fingers crossed a few nights are announced for up here. Seen them in the venue a few years back and in the hive about 2 years ago. Fantastic group.

Tickets arrived yesterday for Simple Minds at Newcastle in march , counting down the days to this as im so looking forward to this.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Went to see Carter USM at King Tuts on Thursday im a huge fan and was just buzzing for it Fantasic set which lasted nearly 2 hours also they were supported by the Frank & Walters who were very decent
    Then last night I went to the Voodoo Rooms to see Chris Helme (the Seahorses singer) played a great mix of new and old and had a great interaction with the crowd 2 great gigs in 2 days
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I was at Carter as well, it was one of my favourite ever gigs. They seemed to really enjoy it as well, everyone just had a great time. I realised last night it's 20 years since I first saw them!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Next gig for me is Stiff Little Fingers and Spear of Destiny on same bill at the Picture House. Seen both bands loads of times but never together can't wait.
    Inspiral Carpets next March too

Saw Christy Moore last week, what a performer........

Couple of gigs in November, then Inspiral Carpets and Stone Roses next year....Can't wait....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I was at Carter as well, it was one of my favourite ever gigs. They seemed to really enjoy it as well, everyone just had a great time. I realised last night it's 20 years since I first saw them!
    yeah it did seem fun Where did you see them 1st time ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run