hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Hybrid View

Upcoming gigs?

Not seen a thread like this for a while, so what gigs are people going to in the near future?

I am just starting this as I suddenly have a load of gigs to go to that have only materialised over the last 6 weeks or so

Tomorrow - The Bootleg Beatles, Wellington

Nov 10 - Coldplay, Auckland

Nov 30 - Calvin Harris, Auckland

Dec 14 - Morrissey, Wellington

March 10 - Future Music Festival, Melbourne - Line up includes The Stone Roses, The Prodigy, Bloc Party, and even PSY GANGNAM STYLE!

http://www.futureentertainment.com.a...bourne/lineup/

Feb 15th - Deftones.

Thats all I've got planned anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Nov 20th. The Proclaimers - Perth.

Mon the Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Public Service Broadcasting at the Lemon Tree tonight. Then I've got Twin Atlantic at the Music Hall on Monday (pending my train up from London being punctual). After that it's a barren couple of months until the Christmas Songwriters Club at the Queens Hall on December 22nd (highly recommended).

Got a few tickets for springtime in the last few days. Biffy Clyro in Aberdeen and also Frightened Rabbit in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow.

On another note, Muse were their usual fantastic selves at the SECC last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Public Service Broadcasting at the Lemon Tree tonight. Then I've got Twin Atlantic at the Music Hall on Monday (pending my train up from London being punctual). After that it's a barren couple of months until the Christmas Songwriters Club at the Queens Hall on December 22nd (highly recommended).

Got a few tickets for springtime in the last few days. Biffy Clyro in Aberdeen and also Frightened Rabbit in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Big fan of Frightened Rabbit then eh?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    December I'm off to Manchester for the courteeners come back show with support from the view! Love both bands so I am positively bouncing for it even at this stage! Making a weekend of it as well with a few mates so should be a cracker!
    That'll be great, wish I was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Big fan of Frightened Rabbit then eh?
    You could say that I suppose!

Also forgot that I've got tickets for Glasvegas at Aberdeen Garage (I'm looking forward to seeing how that is as a venue) and also for Two Door Cinema Club. Trying to nab a couple for Mumford at the Caird Hall too but it's very pricey.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage

I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    I've done the whole following a band on a tour thing and it is very tiring, I seen My Chemical Romance in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and later on that year they headline Reading and Leeds and I got day tickets for both the days they were on. If the dates are very close together you will be shattered.

My upcoming gigs are Jack White and The Xcerts. I was at Twin Atlantic a few nights ago and also Slash at the beginning of the month.
    I did it with Frightened Rabbit on their Highland Tour in April. I did Aviemore, Stornoway, Portree, Strathpeffer and Dunoon on consecutive nights, and did it all with just a tent! It was tiring but well worth it!

I would be going to see The Xcerts up here but unfortunately I won't get a Saturday night off work during Christmas night out season.

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Not got many coming up at all which is quite depressing! Got the vaccines at the end of next month although not been impressed with their look recently with the matching denim waistcoats and such like and a lot of their fans are the same and extremely annoying. Wee daft kids who think the vaccines are gods gift to music when they've listened to a grand total of 3 bands in their life. However I've seen them a few times before all that kind of thing started and they always put on a cracking show so I'm looking forward to it anyway!

December I'm off to Manchester for the courteeners come back show with support from the view! Love both bands so I am positively bouncing for it even at this stage! Making a weekend of it as well with a few mates so should be a cracker!

Apart from that nothing major will probably take in 2 or 3 local bands and my mates band a couple of times.

Hopefully a lot of decent gigs will come up at short notice wether it's new bands I get into or tagging along with my mate who has a spare ticket to something a bit different to my usual I don't really care just enjoy having gigs to attend fairly regularly!

That'll be great, wish I was going.

You could say that I suppose!

Also forgot that I've got tickets for Glasvegas at Aberdeen Garage (I'm looking forward to seeing how that is as a venue) and also for Two Door Cinema Club. Trying to nab a couple for Mumford at the Caird Hall too but it's very pricey.
    Aye it should be! Had a right time of it trying to get tickets. Had money set aside for it and then the weekend before it had one to many sambucas and came down with a touch of 'weekend millionaire syndrome'. Woke up the next morning with no money in the bank for the ticket and vague memories of spending it on assorted expensive drinks for myself and a few mates. Long story short by the time I next got paid the tickets were sold out and I had to fork out over double the face value for one off eBay. Another lesson learned the hard way!

Seen frightened rabbit only the once myself but they were pretty good! I'm sure they were a support act but can't for the life of me remember who they were supporting. Wouldn't mind seeing them again though as the main act as it were!

Enjoy yourself man!

Gamer IDs

Not to turn this into a match updates thread for my own gig-going, but I just got tickets for Maxïmo Park, Bloc Party, Delphic, Spector and Everything Everything in Manchester in December 4th. Very decent lineup, especially as I'm missing Maxïmo in Glasgow next week. I also have Crystal Castles coming up. Turns out my agenda is more packed than I thought!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    i'm quite into train just now, do they come to Scotland at all?

Left by mutual consent!
    The Cribs
    The 10:004's
    The Nature Boys all at Haddowfest this Sunday.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Jake Bugg in Febuary. Picture House. Trying to get tickets for Slash at the Corn Exchange but they're going for extortianate prices.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Quite gutted that they're the act for Sunday but hopefully they'll surprise me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Yes, playing O2 GLasgow in FEbruary, tickets booked. Was there in may to see em they were fab as we're the support acts Elle king and matt nathanson

Seen the Bootleg Beatles last night. Have to say I was very impressed and it was far better than I even thought it would be. That's coming from someone who's never been a huge fan of The Beatles but last night might've changed my views! Lennon and McCartney in particular were so like the real thing it really was unbelievable!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quite gutted that they're the act for Sunday but hopefully they'll surprise me!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug2 View Post
    Yes, playing O2 GLasgow in FEbruary, tickets booked. Was there in may to see em they were fab as we're the support acts Elle king and matt nathanson
    Thanks, might see about getting tickets, they are going to be on SS2 in a moment as the pre match entertainment at Wembley

Proclaimers @ playhoose in November
    Orbital @ picture hoose in December
    Inspiral carpets @ liquid room in March

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I have seen hundreds of gigsover the years and have been lucky to see some amazing live bands in their prime....U2, Simple Minds, Iron Maiden, Marillion, Madness, Stone Roses, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, INXS and some 80's band called Depeche Mode once or twice. Hell, I've even seen T'Pau. I have to say, The Killers last night in Aberdeen were right up there with the very best of them. Absolutely outstanding gig. I think I may have a man crush on Brandon Flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    I have seen hundreds of gigsover the years and have been lucky to see some amazing live bands in their prime....U2, Simple Minds, Iron Maiden, Marillion, Madness, Stone Roses, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, INXS and some 80's band called Depeche Mode once or twice. Hell, I've even seen T'Pau. I have to say, The Killers last night in Aberdeen were right up there with the very best of them. Absolutely outstanding gig. I think I may have a man crush on Brandon Flowers!
    The Killers are superb live. Managed to see them a few times now - Brisbane in 2004, TITP in 2005, Carling Academy Glasgow in 2006, TITP 2007 and Sydney in 2009. Pretty annoyed they don't seem to be coming to New Zealand next year while they are in Australia doing a few festivals.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Arty at chambre69 at the end of november.
    Figital Society club tour with Tritonal at the arches next friday.
    A State of Trance 600 in den bosch next april (defo the biggest)
    and hopefully Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas for my birthday next year.

yeah i love trance music :D
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    So yesterday stereophonics announced a Glasgow date on December 17th and the stone roses announced a Glasgow Green concert next June supported by Primal Scream , The View and Jake Bugg which almost made me wet myself. I liked yesterday , yesterday was a good day. No chance I'll be missing either of those! Anyone else for them?
    I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I tried and failed for the comeback gig I will defo be attempting this one again a great line up as well jake buggs album is a great listen
    I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

I was extremely lucky to get to the comeback , bought my tickets face value off a mate who couldn't attend like a month before the gig. It was fantastic though! It's taken me a while but I'm now starting to enjoy Jake Buggs album!
    If you get lucky again don't forget me! Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses

If you get lucky again don't forget me! Il have everyone and there dug phoning on Friday, took my laddy to Florida in the summer so forfeited TITP....then they where announced!! I'm desperate to see them live although Iv seen Ian Brown a lot and even though I love the man he's been dreadful more than he's been good so I hope it's a different story with the roses
    Phoning? Get on the t'interweb and time it right. I have only missed out on tickets ONCE ever using the net...if youa re on at 8:59am and hitting refresh, you should get it. I don't think I've ever been successful trying to phone for a ticket in my life.

Of course not mate ;)! Ah no luck there like! I expected Brown to be sh*** but with Mani Reni and especially that man god Squire in tow he can't fail to put on a show. I actually think his voice is far better than its been in many years though so you could well be pleasantly surprised if it stays that way till June!

I'd agree with Steve-O above though get on the web don't phone! If you can't get on the web at the right time then give your ticket money to someone trustworthy and have them buy the tickets , you'll have a much better chance that way! :) good luck!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Cheers guys tinternet it is

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only a few for me

Frankie & Heartsrings at Elextric Circus in November.

Early next year:
    Jake Bugg in Feb.
    Of Monstets and Men
    Alt-j

Just back from seeing Cribs headline Haddow fest, that was greAt day.

Also recently saw Whole Lotta Led (Led Zep tribute band) at Picture house and thought they were top notch.