hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Next Scotland Boss

Who do you want? I think we can safely say levein hasn't got long left in him!

I'm going for alex Mcleish!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Harry Redknapp

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    The king him self kenny dalgliesh!

King Kenny

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    There's a good few I'd take but we need passion back in the team and I think strachan can install that in these players.

What do I know though!

Coyle or Moyes, as unlikely as Moyes is

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Alex Miller? Could be his time to step back into the limelight.

Nevio Scala or Stuart Baxter.

They're linked to every other job in the world so why not?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nevio Scala or Stuart Baxter.

They're linked to every other job in the world so why not?
    Im not sure Stuart Baxter even exists has anyone ever seen him

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Anyone who picks McLeish clearly didn't watch any Villa games last season. Negative long ball pish. He seems to be going backwards. And hopefully Walter won't be anywhere near it. And Dalglish just doesn't have it anymore.

Tough decision, Strachan is the obvious choice but the thought of all these excruciating post match interviews isn't a pleasant one.

Coyle would be my choice despite his time at Bolton. But what do I know, I said Levein was the right man then I've slaughtered him ever since he was appointed

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Anyone who picks McLeish clearly didn't watch any Villa games last season. Negative long ball pish. He seems to be going backwards. And hopefully Walter won't be anywhere near it. And Dalglish just doesn't have it anymore.

Tough decision, Strachan is the obvious choice but the thought of all these excruciating post match interviews isn't a pleasant one.

Coyle would be my choice despite his time at Bolton. But what do I know, I said Levein was the right man then I've slaughtered him ever since he was appointed
    Don't really see how you can rule out McLeish because of his performance in his last job then tout Coyle for it when he's managed to get Bolton relegated and then down near the bottom of the championship?

The way smith and McLeish both ditched us left a bad taste in the mouth, however they've both proven they can get the best out of a pretty average bunch of players for the national team so with them both being out of work it'd be crazy not to go for one of those two IMO.

How long can Sir Alex have left at Man Utd?

The Scotland jobs only really part time anyway. See if he plans to retire at the end of this season, let Levein muddle along until then and then punt him and offer the job to Fergie as a wee something to keep him busy for a couple of years in his retirement.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Although I agree that levein has to go, I don't think anyone coming in can do a better job, all managers since old man brown have failed to get us to a finals, some more spectacularly than others yes but none the less all have failed.
    IMO we are stuck so far behind other 'small nations' because of the way our game is run/set up and by the people who run the game. Levein has been in the job for 3 years we where all told the game was going to change from top to bottom and he would over see this, what's changed? Nothing that I can see and nothing that anyone else is shouting about either its still the same as it always has been.
    our top clubs have too much too loose to give promising kids the opportunity to play against top opposition every week, they don't have reserve leagues to play in making the step from U19 to first team harder to make.

before I go off in anymore of a tangent there's more folk than levein that need held accountable for us to move forward as a nation and all the recent wind and p!sh about change hasn't gotten us anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    Although I agree that levein has to go, I don't think anyone coming in can do a better job, all managers since old man brown have failed to get us to a finals, some more spectacularly than others yes but none the less all have failed.
    IMO we are stuck so far behind other 'small nations' because of the way our game is run/set up and by the people who run the game. Levein has been in the job for 3 years we where all told the game was going to change from top to bottom and he would over see this, what's changed? Nothing that I can see and nothing that anyone else is shouting about either its still the same as it always has been.
    our top clubs have too much too loose to give promising kids the opportunity to play against top opposition every week, they don't have reserve leagues to play in making the step from U19 to first team harder to make.

before I go off in anymore of a tangent there's more folk than levein that need held accountable for us to move forward as a nation and all the recent wind and p!sh about change hasn't gotten us anywhere
    Good post. I also think that we will be stuck with Levein for a while anyway. SFA don't have the balls or cash to bin him and he's too deluded and arrogant to realise he's way out of his depth and should walk.

Good post..

For me we need a whole new set up all through the SFA. Looking at teams like Belgium and Germany how they set up their youth and training centres are second to none. We are still in the dark ages and the fat cats don't want to spend money on promoting the game with new pitches and trying to get more coaches in and helping progress kids.

This problem goes way beyond the jakeball in charge. He should go asap but so should the rest and we can start again. Get moving Scottish football in the right direction and follow the rest of Europe. Belgium were worse off not that long ago and they changed it all round. If we don't take action now we will fall so far behind you will be lucky if we ever get to any major finals.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Good post. I also think that we will be stuck with Levein for a while anyway. SFA don't have the balls or cash to bin him and he's too deluded and arrogant to realise he's way out of his depth and should walk.
    Unfirtunatley I think u may be right, the biggest mistake was filling his head with the rubbish he was going to oversee the change in the game, there's now more of a egg on the face risk in the SFA to get rid of him even though he has a worse record than Berti vogts, only managed 3 competitive wins 2 of which against the same team

@hibs.net private member
    Walter Smith is the best manager out of the ones mentioned.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Good post..

For me we need a whole new set up all through the SFA. Looking at teams like Belgium and Germany how they set up their youth and training centres are second to none. We are still in the dark ages and the fat cats don't want to spend money on promoting the game with new pitches and trying to get more coaches in and helping progress kids.

This problem goes way beyond the jakeball in charge. He should go asap but so should the rest and we can start again. Get moving Scottish football in the right direction and follow the rest of Europe. Belgium were worse off not that long ago and they changed it all round. If we don't take action now we will fall so far behind you will be lucky if we ever get to any major finals.
    Agree 100%

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Harry Redknapp
    No more Harry's please, Potter or Redknapp

When smith took over from vogts we were 85th in the world and he got us to 12th so although I don't disagree about the need for change higher than levein a new manager can make a significant difference short term.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Harry Redknapp
    Thats a really good shout.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Talking about it this morning, John Collins was suggested. Must admit, not thought of him as a candidate, but the more I think about it, he would definitely be my choice.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    When smith took over from vogts we were 85th in the world and he got us to 12th so although I don't disagree about the need for change higher than levein a new manager can make a significant difference short term.
    Im not denying smith done well but the end result was still the same, it's all well and good having someone in like smith that can do a job short term I.e get us competitive again whilst there are solid foundations being put in place for the long term behind the scenes that doesn't seem to be happening, France Germany Spain Belgium are all examples of countries that have failed to live up to there expected performance and changed things right through there whole game now there reaping the benefits, it's been 16 years since we've qualified for anything and we're still playing the same way still have the same league set up we've scaled things back to save money that's not to mention the state of the facilities our kids use.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Walter Smith
    Kenny Dalgleish
    Owen Coyle

One of those 3 but i would prefer Smith, he would instantly get the respect from the players and he had us playing decent stuff last time round.

Im not denying smith done well but the end result was still the same, it's all well and good having someone in like smith that can do a job short term I.e get us competitive again whilst there are solid foundations being put in place for the long term behind the scenes that doesn't seem to be happening, France Germany Spain Belgium are all examples of countries that have failed to live up to there expected performance and changed things right through there whole game now there reaping the benefits, it's been 16 years since we've qualified for anything and we're still playing the same way still have the same league set up we've scaled things back to save money that's not to mention the state of the facilities our kids use.
    Completely agree, you can add Iceland to the list of emerging nations that are now leaving us behind in terms of doing it the right way.

The manager should still be responsible for short term results though.

If we don't go for McLeish or Smith I'd like us to look at something like houllier overseeing it with Collins his assistant, houllier has experience of being involved intturnin round a nations fortunes and Collins is a passionate Scotsman that has proven he's capable of firing players up for the big games although day to day management may not suit his style of management.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Boaby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19918794

Please sir, what does 'qualification' mean?

Were so far behind the rest of Europe its mind boggling, even countrie like San Marino can give us a game, were bottom of the group, all the teams in our group are fitter, organised and hungrier than us.We have a manager and backroom staff with absolutely no experience of winning anything and dont huv a f,n scoobie, doesnt pick his best striker until it is too late, picks Ian f,n Black FFS? Picks a team without a striker against the Czech Republic when the whole world and his dug could see we could have won that game, we were embarrassed by the fitness and pace of Serbia and Macedonia.
    The SFA need to be disbanded and started from scratch, they have failed Scotland spectacularly for over 20 years we need to replace them with people who have a vision and passion for our game, its not too late to begin, we can start by getting a new manager in now, whether its Jordan,Strachan or Redknapp is irrelevant, we need a no nonsense manager with experience who will command respect, levein also fails spectacularly in all aspects, he has lost the fans and the media.We have been debating the state of Scottish Fitba for atleast two decades, action needs to be taken, and taken now.
    Again, its absolutely scary how far behind modern fitba we are.
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 17-10-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Don't really see how you can rule out McLeish because of his performance in his last job then tout Coyle for it when he's managed to get Bolton relegated and then down near the bottom of the championship?

The way smith and McLeish both ditched us left a bad taste in the mouth, however they've both proven they can get the best out of a pretty average bunch of players for the national team so with them both being out of work it'd be crazy not to go for one of those two IMO.
    I'm not a huge fan of Coyle but at least he tries to get his teams to pass the ball. JC might be a decent shout to be involved in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

How do think Scotland should play?

Coyle took a Bolton team that were mid table team. They done this as they played to their strengths, long balls, bullying teams and were hard to beat. Coyle got them relegated as he tried to make them something their not.

He would do the same to Scotland. We aren't technically good enough for that. You play to your strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    How do think Scotland should play?

Coyle took a Bolton team that were mid table team. They done this as they played to their strengths, long balls, bullying teams and were hard to beat. Coyle got them relegated as he tried to make them something their not.

He would do the same to Scotland. We aren't technically good enough for that. You play to your strengths.
    We'd be the only country in the world playing long ball in that case. And who do we have that's capable of bullying anyone? I'm not advocating we fanny about at the back with the likes of Berra, all I'm saying is that the way McLeish had Villa playing last season would have got fitba stopped.