hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I've been going to Pittodrie for the Hibs games for about the last 5 or 6 seasons and haven't experienced any bother with police or stewards whatsoever. As JIm said getting a 20 x 10 foot flag out twice before entering the stadium was a bit of an inconvenience but all in all the Police and stewards were sound, not once had any trouble standing up there in any previous visits.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

There will always be the over zealous polis or steward but there will also always be fans who act like fannies. Thats human nature. But my general experience at the fitba in recent years is if you act like a wideo you'll be treated like a wideo. Act responsibly and you'll be treated as a responsible person.

Supporter behaviour has changed for the better over the last twenty plus years and as a result policing has become more low key and sensitive. Whether they are factors or not that change has coincided with all seater stadia and strict drinking bans including on buses to games.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol there's always one who splits hairs.

Having looked back through your posts it's normally you who likes to pull folk up but more than once you have stated things that are incorrect. People in glass houses and all that! I think you need to CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Having looked back through your posts it's normally you who likes to pull folk up but more than once you have stated things that are incorrect. People in glass houses and all that! I think you need to CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN
    Brilliant.

@hibs.net private member
    The stewarding at ER is fine for home fans but remember last year the over zealous behaviour towards ICT fans. Aberdeen was fine on Saturday but is there still a need for the police to be videoing supporters entering and leaving grounds. Football has improved but at most away ground your treated like a criminal. For me the worst treatment is at Parkhead. Football needs to reevaluate its relationship with its paying customer. We get over charged to get in, ripped of for food and treated poorly by local police and stewards. Yet none of this happens at any other sport in Scotland.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The stewarding at ER is fine for home fans but remember last year the over zealous behaviour towards ICT fans. Aberdeen was fine on Saturday but is there still a need for the police to be videoing supporters entering and leaving grounds. Football has improved but at most away ground your treated like a criminal. For me the worst treatment is at Parkhead. Football needs to reevaluate its relationship with its paying customer. We get over charged to get in, ripped of for food and treated poorly by local police and stewards. Yet none of this happens at any other sport in Scotland.
    They use the videos to identify the risk supporters. On occasions they may have intelligence to say a banned supporter is in a certain stand so they video the crowds leaving in the hope they catch the banned supporter for evidential purposes. I'm certain they won't be interested in 99.9% of the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    They use the videos to identify the risk supporters. On occasions they may have intelligence to say a banned supporter is in a certain stand so they video the crowds leaving in the hope they catch the banned supporter for evidential purposes. I'm certain they won't be interested in 99.9% of the rest of us.
    What's stopping said banned supporter from sticking a hat or a hoody on, scarf round the neck and just walking with his head down? Or even a fake beard, maybe.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post

What's stopping said banned supporter from sticking a hat or a hoody on, scarf round the neck and just walking with his head down? Or even a fake beard, maybe.
    I know it'll take them a lot longer to pick the correct guy from there guess who board :D

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Perhaps the thought of getting a wee jail term for breaching the banning order?

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    At dons game was directed to standing area and stewards police were good through out.
    I had the same experience. Policewoman welcomed me with a smile and a hello while the Aberdeen steward seemed to be on a commission to encourage as many fans to stand as possible.

The lack of atmosphere from the Aberdeen stands must be concerning for them.

Great vocals from the Hibs support throughout, it makes you so proud.

First Team Breakthrough ginger_eejit's Avatar
    Usually my ire is reserved for the Strathclyde Polis and stewards at Darkheid and Castle Greyskull.

On my last trip to Ibrox (the mid-week 3-0 in Nov 2010) I thought it was going to be the normal ****ty experience, after getting off the clockwork orange, walking past all the Rangers fans freely entering their stands, the police were patting down every single Hibs fans (all maybe 200 of us) entering the ground - which pissed me off a bit, but to be fair - once we were in the ground the Police were pretty good, they were quick in telling Rangers fans who where a tad to expressive in showing their disappointment at the score to sit down and shut up, and one WPC was quite happy to get a photo of me on my phone with the scoreboard in the background! although I vaguely recall a rather officious steward insisting about 6 hibbies move two rows back because they didnt want anyone sitting in the front dozen rows or something like that.

The most bizarre stewarding intervention I've experienced was at Motherwell many years ago. About a half doz of us were trying to get a few songs going at the back of the stand, a couple of steward came up to us and told us if we didnt shut up we'd get emptied! Second to being at the Tennants Sixes not long after going on a school trip to Barcelona, from which we came back with a few plastic trumpets (otherwise known these days as vuvuzelas) and getting told we weren't allowed to blow them anymore by stewards because the players kept thinking the was the end of period hooter (that was the Tennnant Sixes that the ref awarded Celtic a fk in the semi against Hibs, because Hibs were maintaining possession for too long! Celtic scored, went on to win the game - raging!)

I'm really quite interested what effect the merging of all the constabularies into a single Scottish Constabulary will have on the practise of policing football fans across the country, tbh I can recall being treated anything than reasonably fairly by L&B, Central, Tayside and Grampian polis - but the experience of going to football in the west, and the treatment by the Strathclyde polis has been less than pleasant on many occasions - I can't think of any other situation in civic society were your treated like a potential crim, coralled by mounted police, shouted and bawled at, with nary a civil word being directed at you, just because of the event your attending (other than anti-capitalist demos I suppose!)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny0762 View Post
    It might not be illegal in law, but it is illegal in club rules, hence why you have used the word "permitted".
    So you were wrong then?!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    So you were wrong then?!
    Congratulations on your release. I hope you are fully rehabilitated.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_eejit View Post
    Usually my ire is reserved for the Strathclyde Polis and stewards at Darkheid and Castle Greyskull.

On my last trip to Ibrox (the mid-week 3-0 in Nov 2010) I thought it was going to be the normal ****ty experience, after getting off the clockwork orange, walking past all the Rangers fans freely entering their stands, the police were patting down every single Hibs fans (all maybe 200 of us) entering the ground - which pissed me off a bit, but to be fair - once we were in the ground the Police were pretty good, they were quick in telling Rangers fans who where a tad to expressive in showing their disappointment at the score to sit down and shut up, and one WPC was quite happy to get a photo of me on my phone with the scoreboard in the background! although I vaguely recall a rather officious steward insisting about 6 hibbies move two rows back because they didnt want anyone sitting in the front dozen rows or something like that.

The most bizarre stewarding intervention I've experienced was at Motherwell many years ago. About a half doz of us were trying to get a few songs going at the back of the stand, a couple of steward came up to us and told us if we didnt shut up we'd get emptied! Second to being at the Tennants Sixes not long after going on a school trip to Barcelona, from which we came back with a few plastic trumpets (otherwise known these days as vuvuzelas) and getting told we weren't allowed to blow them anymore by stewards because the players kept thinking the was the end of period hooter (that was the Tennnant Sixes that the ref awarded Celtic a fk in the semi against Hibs, because Hibs were maintaining possession for too long! Celtic scored, went on to win the game - raging!)

I'm really quite interested what effect the merging of all the constabularies into a single Scottish Constabulary will have on the practise of policing football fans across the country, tbh I can recall being treated anything than reasonably fairly by L&B, Central, Tayside and Grampian polis - but the experience of going to football in the west, and the treatment by the Strathclyde polis has been less than pleasant on many occasions - I can't think of any other situation in civic society were your treated like a potential crim, coralled by mounted police, shouted and bawled at, with nary a civil word being directed at you, just because of the event your attending (other than anti-capitalist demos I suppose!)

The quote raises a good question
    That I would imagine is the thoughts of many supporters throughout Scotland !!
    Interestingly all of the ex ' polis' I know and have spoken to are of the same opinion
    ' The jury is out on a One Police Authority ' .