hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 614
  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    35
    Posts
    19,825
    Lorde, all the way from New Zealand


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Old Codger Hibstorian Jonnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    64
    Posts
    30,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorde, all the way from New Zealand
    She's a really talented singer
    This is how it feels

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,843
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Although a 'Best Of' album, Chevelle's 'Stray Arrows' is a superb album.
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

  5. #124
    Jason Isbel`s new cd Southeastern ( ex Drive By Trucker ) is the business, check it out.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorde, all the way from New Zealand
    I'm in love with her. My 2nd favourite singer after Lana Del Rey

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Warpaints new one is living up to the great reviews for me

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    12,722
    Ellen and the Escapades - All The Crooked Scenes.

    Fab.

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    35
    Posts
    19,825
    Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in love with her. My 2nd favourite singer after Lana Del Rey
    Only 16...............................

    I like Lana Del Rey too, despite the fact she gets a lot of grief for some reason.

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 16...............................

    I like Lana Del Rey too, despite the fact she gets a lot of grief for some reason.
    It's my birthday today, I was delighted to get LORDE's album - it's outstanding for such a young singer. Defo up there with Lana Del Rey

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,843
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Not out yet but I'm really looking forward to Chevelle's new album, due out later this year.

    Although not new, I've been listening to Opposites by Biffy Clyro a lot this week. Sensational album
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,843
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Came across a 'new' (they released their first full length debut album last year) band the other day and immediately loved them.

    Arcane Roots, and their album Blood and Chemistry is a work of beauty!
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

  13. #132
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,297
    Just listened to the debut album by Edinburgh trio Young Fathers. It's an absolutely fantastic record which blends hip-hop, African influences, pop and electronica.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just listened to the debut album by Edinburgh trio Young Fathers. It's an absolutely fantastic record which blends hip-hop, African influences, pop and electronica.
    Cheers for this, just had a listen and bought it, sounds very interesting.....I've sort of lost touch with the Scottish music scene, so little tips like this help bring me back..Any other electronic stuff from Scotland worth checking?......Dublin scene is unreal at the moment, so much good stuff....

    Back to albums that are doing it for me - John Wizards is amazing, can't wait to see them live later this year

  15. #134
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers for this, just had a listen and bought it, sounds very interesting.....I've sort of lost touch with the Scottish music scene, so little tips like this help bring me back..Any other electronic stuff from Scotland worth checking?......Dublin scene is unreal at the moment, so much good stuff....

    Back to albums that are doing it for me - John Wizards is amazing, can't wait to see them live later this year
    Well if you like electronic stuff you might quite like Conquering Animal Sound. Set up like Chvrches but not as poppy. I imagine they quite like Bowie's Berlin period! My brother got me their album and it's good.
    Last edited by hibby rae; 05-02-2014 at 08:46 AM.

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you like electronic stuff you might quite like Conquering Animal Sound. Set up like Chvrches but not as poppy. I imagine they quite like Bowie's Berlin period! My brother got me their album and it's good.
    Cheers Rae, had a quick listen, sounds good..I see Chvrches are playing Primavera so might go see them, as you say a bit poppy but sometimes you have to be a bit patriotic ;-) Will give it a Conquering Animal Sound proper whirl
    in a bit...Heres some of the dudes that have played in my gaff recently

    I am the Cosmos (best album of the year here imo)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENKnE2J_4k
    New Jackson (David Kitts new elect project)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBwQwMfWg4
    Lasertom (my housemate - sort of italia disco/chromatics vibe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2XNHz_Oww

  17. #136
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers Rae, had a quick listen, sounds good..I see Chvrches are playing Primavera so might go see them, as you say a bit poppy but sometimes you have to be a bit patriotic ;-) Will give it a Conquering Animal Sound proper whirl
    in a bit...Heres some of the dudes that have played in my gaff recently

    I am the Cosmos (best album of the year here imo)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENKnE2J_4k
    New Jackson (David Kitts new elect project)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBwQwMfWg4
    Lasertom (my housemate - sort of italia disco/chromatics vibe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2XNHz_Oww
    I've heard of I am the Cosmos but don't think I've heard their stuff. I'll have a wee listen.

  18. #137
    Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,928
    The latest Young Knives album is surprisingly good.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,843
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy - bloody smashing album
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

  20. #139
    Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,928
    Just been to see Embrace at one of their intimate comeback shows - new material is a mix of brilliant (elements of New Order, Temper Trap, Disclosure mixed in there) and total, utter, middle of the road *****.

    Disnae help that Danny McNamara sings like a Dyson that's learned how to yodel.

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    12,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just been to see Embrace at one of their intimate comeback shows - new material is a mix of brilliant (elements of New Order, Temper Trap, Disclosure mixed in there) and total, utter, middle of the road *****.

    Disnae help that Danny McNamara sings like a Dyson that's learned how to yodel.
    Can't believe he still can't sing. Worst vocalist I've ever heard live. Used to love some of their older stuff though.

  22. #141
    Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't believe he still can't sing. Worst vocalist I've ever heard live. Used to love some of their older stuff though.
    Their latest single is sung by their guitarist and he's got a cracking voice. Danny doesn't even have any good banter, just "How are you all feeling?" "Are you having a nice day?" "I'd love it if you sang along to this one". It's like some randoms won a competition to front a famous rock band but was disappointed to find out it wasn't Coldplay.

  23. #142
    Sun structures - temples

  24. #143
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,297
    Yesterday I bought the debut albums by Daughter and Joanna Gruesome and Cate Le Bon's new album. Not ahd a chance to properly listen to Joanna Gruesmoe's (but sounds good from what I have heard) but the other two are fantastic!

  25. #144
    Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,290
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday I bought the debut albums by Daughter and Joanna Gruesome and Cate Le Bon's new album. Not ahd a chance to properly listen to Joanna Gruesmoe's (but sounds good from what I have heard) but the other two are fantastic!
    Daughters album is superb but a little sinister...
    Last edited by Mr White; 18-02-2014 at 06:53 PM.

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just listened to the debut album by Edinburgh trio Young Fathers. It's an absolutely fantastic record which blends hip-hop, African influences, pop and electronica.
    Went to see Young Fathers play a late gig in Dublin at the weekend........Really worth seeing!

  27. #146
    Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorde, all the way from New Zealand
    I really wanted to dislike her as everyone keeps saying that she's brilliant, but gave in and bought the album today and I must admit that it's brilliant.

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just having a listen to Wild Beasts 'Present Tense' album....Pretty good on first listen, all pretty mid tempo and a lot more synths.......A grower I think..

  29. #148
    Testimonial Due hibby rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    polwarth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went to see Young Fathers play a late gig in Dublin at the weekend........Really worth seeing!
    Quite like to see them live. I was bit annoyed the tour promoting the album was launched in Glasgow (apparently there were loads of folk not able to get in) and they aren't doing a date here. If I was doing that I'd be wanting to play a show on my home patch as well!

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,066
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite like to see them live. I was bit annoyed the tour promoting the album was launched in Glasgow (apparently there were loads of folk not able to get in) and they aren't doing a date here. If I was doing that I'd be wanting to play a show on my home patch as well!
    This review gives a pretty good idea of what the Dublin gig was like....Saying that Dublin one was part of a club nights birthday bash with a good few others playing a lot of folk not there for not necessarily there for Young Fathers http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/revi...-130214-146436

  31. #150
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Linlithgow
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,336
    Arctic monkeys getting a deserved Brit for A.M

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved