I've gone a wee while without listening to much in the way of new music, but there's been a spate of album releases I've wanted to check out lately for one reason or another and I've been pleasantly surprised.

Babel - Mumford and Sons: Develops their sound from Sigh No More and really cements them as a success. Great album IMO.

My Head is an Animal - Of Monsters and Men: Didn't know who they were but someone suggested I check out their new album and I like it! Quite different to what I would normally listen to but I thought it was a beautifully composed album and very relaxing.

Dead Silence - Billy Talent: People either love or hate Billy Talent and I'm firmly in the former camp. This album was pretty damned awesome IMO. Been on repeat in my car for a few weeks now!

The 2nd Law - Muse: Can't say this does anything for me. I've been gradually going off Muse in recent years and their last album was a poor effort IMO. This is cringeworthy in places with only a few beacons of hope. Completely lost their hard edge and exceptional riffs which made them the band they are today. Madness and Panic Station are brutal...