hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ricky Burns

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar

Ricky Burns

Anyone else watch it? What a fantastic four rounds! I think he's more than capable of unifying the division now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Awesome.

And he put it to bed early as well which is something I've criticised him for not doing in the past.

Just hope Frank Warren let's him have a defining fights against Brandon Rios and a chance to unify.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome.

And he put it to bed early as well which is something I've criticised him for not doing in the past.

Just hope Frank Warren let's him have a defining fights against Brandon Rios and a chance to unify.
    I never thought he could punch with so much power as he did, moving up a weight has done him the world of good.

Rios would be a great fight but with Broner supposed to be fighting DeMarco next I think he should fight Vazquez and the the winners of each fight could possibly face off against each other.

I just hope he doesn't face Scott Harrison next. He should be chasing more titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-1875 View Post
    I never thought he could punch with so much power as he did, moving up a weight has done him the world of good.

Rios would be a great fight but with Broner supposed to be fighting DeMarco next I think he should fight Vazquez and the the winners of each fight could possibly face off against each other.

I just hope he doesn't face Scott Harrison next. He should be chasing more titles!
    Fair points mate especially re Harrison.

Hearing a few whispers the plan may be a unification fight then targetting Khan at 140lbs. Ricky finding 135 a little bit tight.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Fair points mate especially re Harrison.

Hearing a few whispers the plan may be a unification fight then targetting Khan at 140lbs. Ricky finding 135 a little bit tight.
    I thought burns looked massive last night compared to Mitchell I can quite believe he's struggling to make that weight

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I thought burns looked massive last night compared to Mitchell I can quite believe he's struggling to make that weight
    Agreed.

He looked really gaunt at the weigh in and I have to admit I feared the worst, he must have rehydrated a stone at least overnight, he was huge. He's desperate to have a long career because he genuinely loves boxing so think a another step up must be a logical move, there's no point in killing himself to keep making 135 as that's not good for anybody.