hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yay I work weekends, and nights too so both games are out of the equation now... Ta TV Folk !!...
    Which games have you been to recently which aren't either on an evening or weekend?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would rather Hibs had a few Friday home games than these annoying Sunday kick offs. I understand the Police are against this and perhaps if it was a derby that would be justified. But the Police are there to serve the public, not the other way around.

The only precedent for Friday football I'm aware of has been at Motherwell and I think Aberdeen which both passed off without incident. I think if the Police are against Hibs, or the Yams, playing at home on a Friday against the likes of Dundee Utd or Motherwell then they should have to justify why they cant cope with such a fixture especially in the light of other forces ability to do so.

The last time I looked they have friday nights in Aberdeen and Motherwell .... Their Police can cope ... why not Lothian & Borders finest?

The other thing is that stopping Hibs from playing on a Friday night is a restriction of trade ... surely that has to be justified by facts and figures showing why this shouldnt be allowed .... not just a presumption by L&B Police that it will cause a problem, with no statistics or precedent in Edinburgh to back that up.

Anything but a Sunday at 12:45

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    The United game will be out 15th league game of the season and our 7th different kick off time.

TV is killing the game up here and the sooner the clubs collectively tell Sky/ESPN to do one the better.
    Yet all the clubs had an opportunity to tell the TV companies to do 1 & a lots of fans were worried about the lack of income.
    No easy compromise I am afraid

@hibs.net private member
    away to Motherwell on a friday? they had their chance to make that work last season and it was a shambles. Why a repeat this season?

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    away to Motherwell on a friday? they had their chance to make that work last season and it was a shambles. Why a repeat this season?

Shambles is a bit strong. I had a great time and despite the result the rearranged game was a good wee night as well .

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Because its not usual for Motherwell to have a fire at every evening fixture.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Which games have you been to recently which aren't either on an evening or weekend?
    Was wondering that too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    I can totally understand people who hate re-arranged kick offs or dates but now am saturday football the more it gets changed the more games I can reach:)

Testimonial Due
    This is one of the main reasons SPL football is so poorly attended. Sunday and Friday games purely for folk to sit on their sofas and watch.

Utter crap.

BARSTEWARDS! Bought tickets for the rugby on the Sunday and the chunts do this. I thought I had it all arranged in November with Hibs on the saturday and Scotland on the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I totally agree and hope you can make some inroads into what has become a farcical situation.

I like your avatar by the way.

All thanks to Saltire2k

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be rescheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    3pm K.O are fine as it gives me at least 5 hours sleep, I start at 8pm most nights. I love going to away games and this move has robbed me of two I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Herriot View Post
    Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be resheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.
    The clash between Dundee and Dundee Utd games only occurs when BOTH have a HOME match scheduled for the same KO time and that isn't the case here.

Probably shouldn't mention it on .net in case the TV companies are reading this but the Orkney Hibs and Shetland Hibs visit to ER on 10 November is being cancelled and we are considering rescheduling for the ICT game on 30 March. If we can select a game 6 months ahead of it taking place why can't the TV companies give us at least 3 months warning of changes. The solution is to have this covered contractually and this will be the thrust of my comments to Rod Petrie at the LWT meeting tomorrow.

One of the best games of football I've ever seen was a Friday evening fixture away to the 'Well. IIRC, that was the first ever live Friday game. Against all expectation, over 3,000 Hibbys attended.

I'm really struggling to remember the year, anyone remember this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Herriot View Post
    Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be rescheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.

The second of the two games changed, is our home match to Utd, so whether Dundee are at home has no bearing
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    One of the best games of football I've ever seen was a Friday evening fixture away to the 'Well. IIRC, that was the first ever live Friday game. Against all expectation, over 3,000 Hibbys attended.

I'm really struggling to remember the year, anyone remember this game?
    Remember it vaguely maybe 12/13 years ago? Sure it finished a draw (maybe 0-0) but not 100% certain
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Magic, my new Sky and ESPN HD package will come into use

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I conjunction with Shetland Hibs, Orkney Hibs at their AGM on 30 June selected the Dundee Utd game on 10 November for their annual visit to ER. The game is chosen as early as possible so that Members of both Clubs can get the best travel deal possible but thereby incurring non refundable fares. Now for the second year running the KO time for our selected match has been changed, the previous one being the Hamilton game in April 2011.

I raised a question with Rod Petrie on changes to KO times at the HSA forum on 26 August and will be doing so again at the LWT meeting on Wednesday. To us changes to KO times for live TV should not be made within 3 months of the scheduled date and this should be contractual.

Anything fellow fans can do to help us push our initiative forward would be welcomed as would constructive suggestions.
    It sucks, and dont let him away with the "its the telly that decides when games are played pi5h" no its not its up to the clubs to get this sorted out before contracts are signed, and they damn well know this.Should be atleast 2 1/2 - 3months notice, its the same bloody reason I cannae get tae games, flight prices go up nearer the time and its a pisser if you book in advance then find out the games been moved. Honest tae god FIFA/EU need tae introduce rules like the EU enforced when theres plane delays or cancellations that travellers get their cash refunded, the TV or clubs should be liable for the same refunds, you would soon see major changes if that was implemented.
    Mibbe it sounds daft but its aboot time these ****ers stopped taking us for granted (clubs/SPL and TV)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    This thread reminds me of this one, there are some mental stats for our Kick off times recently

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...ight=kick+offs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    It sucks, and dont let him away with the "its the telly that decides when games are played pi5h" no its not its up to the clubs to get this sorted out before contracts are signed, and they damn well know this.Should be atleast 2 1/2 - 3months notice, its the same bloody reason I cannae get tae games, flight prices go up nearer the time and its a pisser if you book in advance then find out the games been moved. Honest tae god FIFA/EU need tae introduce rules like the EU enforced when theres plane delays or cancellations that travellers get their cash refunded, the TV or clubs should be liable for the same refunds, you would soon see major changes if that was implemented.
    Mibbe it sounds daft but its aboot time these ****ers stopped taking us for granted (clubs/SPL and TV)
    Uefa are the biggest hoares to tv money.

Europa League Thursday nights, internationals on a Friday, no games allowed to compete with Champions League games Wouldn't hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Uefa are the biggest hoares to tv money.

Europa League Thursday nights, internationals on a Friday, no games allowed to compete with Champions League games Wouldn't hold my breath
    aye but arent most, if not all of these games dates and times set in stone months or a year before, Im almost positive thats how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    How will you be getting up to Motherwell on a Friday night?
    Will be driving up mate (or more to the point I'm trying to blag my mate to do the driving).