hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do folk that have chosen to go into further education expect to pay less than others that have gotten themselves a job?
    Spot on, student spongers. They think the world owes them something ;-)
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    £23 is a lot to ask for to go to a cold dump of a stadium where you can't see a large section of the pitch whilst they pay less to sit in the best stadium in the SPL.

My ticket arrived this morning.

I agree that students shouldn't receive further discount. I think members of the British Army get into Pittodrie for free.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    So because people think football is too expensive they believe it is a good idea to charge a demographic that would probably be unable to attend on a regular basis without a cut-price ticket even more money and alienate them further from the Scottish game. Surely the best thing to do is to have a student price to help stem the loss of Scottish fans to the English game? What is the outcome of charging a student £22 to get into Easter Road? I can only presume it would be a negative situation.

What about under 18's, should they be allowed a cheaper entry price? Remember if they aren't students they may work full-time. Or how about OAPs? Surely they've saved enough throughout their life to go and watch Hibs and pay £22 if they are PATG.

The concession prices apply to these three demographics for a reason, if it did not then there would be a potential knock on effect on the club, and indeed on any other club in Scotland.

Gamer IDs

Also anyone that goes 'oh you knew that you would struggle with choices, make the right choices' is just taking a dim view of the situation. Would you be happy if a section of Hibs fans were alienated from the club for 4 years of their lives for any other reason, other than if they were a student? I would hazard a guess at no. Not every student goes out on the lash twice a week and lives of microwaved meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, maybe if people weren't so biased in their opinion of what a student is there wouldn't be a problem.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    Also anyone that goes 'oh you knew that you would struggle with choices, make the right choices' is just taking a dim view of the situation. Would you be happy if a section of Hibs fans were alienated from the club for 4 years of their lives for any other reason, other than if they were a student? I would hazard a guess at no. Not every student goes out on the lash twice a week and lives of microwaved meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, maybe if people weren't so biased in their opinion of what a student is there wouldn't be a problem.
    But you're not alienated from Hibs. Hibs offer great student ST deals.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    But you're not alienated from Hibs. Hibs offer great student ST deals.
    I know we do and it's how I am able to balance buying a season ticket, making away matches, buying books and any technological equipment I need to undertake my studies and I'll always be thankful towards Hibs and any club that offer student deals. But some here seem to think that students shouldn't get any kind of deal and that would potentially alienate a section of our support if students are forced to pay £405, or £355 for a season ticket, even £22 PATG would be too much for many.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I've worked all my days do I get a discount?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

If we get 4-6 pionts out of the next 2 games that should encourage lots of people to come hopefully. We get 2349 of the tickets so if we could get half full (1174) that would be great

sos,pfgawa,ggtth
    can u hear the dons sing no no, can u hear the dons sing no no, can u hear the dons sing no no

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Nobody is forcing you into further education though, life is about making choices though, so I'm assuming you knew what was ahead of you before hand. By you I mean students in general.
    Yes, you are correct, and many students, and many many others disillusioned with the game and the pricing will make the choice not to go, therefore doing the game more harm than good.

But you carry on with your pseudo sarcastic bleating against those who try and better themselves.

Tsk!!

I thought the fishing on this thread was just as obvious as the womens football thread, its still allowed me to have a wee chuckle though. Couldnae give a flying one how much you have to pay to gain entry to ER if I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    We'd charge Aberdeen £22 adult, £14 consession and no U12 tickets, so kinda evens it up.

Don't think it would matter if its 23 quidor a tenner to get in with regards to our crowd. Its the whole 2 and a half hours travelling that puts people off

but I have to travel for 12hours. If any body has the time and enough money to buy a ticket they should go

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Firstly, It is a 12pm kick off and now they have kicked us in the mouth once again!!!! Adult £23 U'18 £17 U'12 £9.

DISGRACE!

Dont go! Save yourself a fortune too...