hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Our problems can be solved in three phone calls :

SFA to Levein - GTF

SFA to Strachan - would you like the job ?

Strachan to Fletch - would you like to play for Scotland ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Off the bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our problems can be solved in three phone calls :

SFA to Levein - GTF

SFA to Strachan - would you like the job ?

Strachan to Fletch - would you like to play for Scotland ?

Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    World Cups and European Championships are things of the past ,TBH I would be very surprised if Scotland qualified for anything in the next 20 years .
    have to agree, we are being seeded lower and lower with every tournament we miss out on, soon we will be on a par with N.ireland and Wales for seeding, making it nigh on impossible to qualify.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Harry Redknapp for Scotland!

Not as daft as it sounds ..........

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    How about we stop the McLeish and Walter merry-go-round and bring someone new in with fresh ideas !....

IS WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE LAST YEAR ! It's too late now to start a fresh but if we want to qualify then yes, Walter or McLeish...
    Correct but who? Smith is as negative as Levein and McLeish has been found out big time as a long ball merchant at Villa.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Just back from Hampden

How ****ing awful was that performance?

Levein GTF
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was at the game today and fans all around me were giving Avril abuse, I thought it was only Hibs fans that did that!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    McGregor
    Hutton
    Caldwell
    Hanley
    Wallace

Forrest
    Adam
    McArthur
    Snodgrass

Fletcher
    Rhodes

I would stick Maloney in instead of Adam plus Dixon had a great game but would prefer Wallace. But then again it won't suprise if that fud potter sticks with the same team that started today in his usual favourite 4-6-0 formation.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    How ****ing awful was that performance?

Levein GTF

Agree. Think Belgium and Croatia are going to run away with this group.

Potter is a useless clueless fud. FFS, even Bertie Vogts' Scotland team were better to watch than this one assembled by that stupid idiot Potter. What on earth does he see in Adam and Morrison? Plus Miller is finished. Simply not got the legs anymore. I really hope potter is gone sooner rather than later as we are continually going to struggle under this fool and fall even further down the rankings which will make qualifying for major tournaments even harder.

Felt sick after watching that performance.

Miller proved two campaigns ago he is not up to task, and part of me thinks Rhodes only got 10 minutes because Levein's ego couldn't handle the Scotland fans shouting for the change after 45.

Serbia were there for the taking but again, Levein's non existent belief in his team meant we played 1 up front and let Serbia control large parts of the game, and the belief that we are inferior to every team we are up against has filtered its way into the team.

We could have had Rhodes and Fletcher leading the line with Forest and Naismith supporting on the wings.

There is absolutely no reason as to why we shouldn't take the game to anyone at Hampden.

Yet another campaign is over before it begins.

Killing Scotland, GTF, the man is an A hole!!!!

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Felt sick after watching that performance.

Miller proved two campaigns ago he is not up to task, and part of me thinks Rhodes only got 10 minutes because Levein's ego couldn't handle the Scotland fans shouting for the change after 45.

Serbia were there for the taking but again, Levein's non existent belief in his team meant we played 1 up front and let Serbia control large parts of the game, and the belief that we are inferior to every team we are up against has filtered its way into the team.

We could have had Rhodes and Fletcher leading the line with Forest and Naismith supporting on the wings.

There is absolutely no reason as to why we shouldn't take the game to anyone at Hampden.

Yet another campaign is over before it begins.
    I was at the match today but won't be back until this petty but misguidedly full of his own self importance clown is no longer the Scotland manager!

In any other organisation, the Steven Fletcher 'situation' would have been properly and maturely dealt with for the benefit of the team but it eould appear that this idiot is being allowed to let his personal gripes and preferences get in the way of achieving the best decision re Fletch for all Scotland fans and the team!

Unbelievable IMO!!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 08-09-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    I was at the match today but won't be back until this petty but misguidedly full of his own self importance clown is no longer the Scotland manager!

In any other organisation, the Steven Fletcher 'situation' would have been properly and maturely dealt with for the benefit of the team but it eould appear that this idiot is being allowed to let his personal gripes and preferences get in the way of achieving the best decision re Fletch for all Scotland fans and the team!

Unbelievable IMO!!
    Sadly, from the people who run the game in this country it's all perfectly believable, clowns the lot of them.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Sadly, from the people who run the game in this country it's all perfectly believable, clowns the lot of them.
    Until the Tartan Army find a way to register their disgust at the yam twat whilst not diminishing their support for the team then it will stay that way.

The guy is a disgrace.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Until the Tartan Army find a way to register their disgust at the yam twat whilst not diminishing their support for the team then it will stay that way.

The guy is a disgrace.

What's so difficult? Go after him - the team will get over any temporary unpleasantness ...

In 1969 Scotland lost 3-1 to England at Wembley - the score flattered them enormously, they were utterly inept. Bobby Brown was manager. Most of the second half the Scots in the crowd (about 70,000 of us, I'd reckon) sang and sang, "If you hate Bobby Brown, clap your hands ..."

That was Saturday, Brown was gone by Monday evening. Tommy Docherty took over and started a revival, then Willie Ormond came in and took us to the Finals in West Germany in 74.

The games go out worldwide. The SFA can't stand humiliation and embarrassment.

For once I watched it. (I should have known better.)

The game was dire; Serbia were there for the taking. No way are they as good as the Czech Republic - for a start, their goalie was a bomb-scare and at times their back four looked as if they'd only just met in the dressing-room before kick-off. By the end of the game, they were the team playing the football and probably should have taken all three points - Potter has McGregor to thank that they didn't.

Scotland looked as if they hadn't an idea to share between them. That's Potter's fault.

Oddly enough, I think there IS a team in there somewhere, but we'll never see it while he's in charge.

My prediction - it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Belgium, Croatia and even Austria are better teams than the Serbs, and the Serbs will get better. I can't see Potter beating them in Sarajevo.
    Last edited by --------; 08-09-2012 at 08:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Craig Levein...........legend in his own lunchtime........

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Craig Levein...........legend in his own lunchtime........

Lunchtime O'Booze, I presume ...

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Harry Redknapp for Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Not as daft as it sounds ..........
    Stranger things have happened I hear!

The SFA won't appoint/endorse a tax cheat surely .. Oh, wait a minute

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post

Unbelievable IMO!!
    Scotland's chances are being harmed because of Leveins ego. I am sure the entire team would perform better with Fletcher up front.

Was someone booked in stoppage time yesterday?

BBC has 3 booked. Other reports say 4, the last of which was in stoppage time.

Anyone know?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Scotland's chances are being harmed because of Leveins ego. I am sure the entire team would perform better with Fletcher up front.

Seems he had better things to do at the weekend. Buckfast.
    Last edited by silverhibee; 09-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Even the Jambos on Sickbag are calling him useless. Some are even calling for Steven Fletcher.

When are the Press going to have the balls to face up to Levein ?

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    Blah blah blah, yawn..

Blah Blah yersel

I rest my case

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Obviously Levein's first job when he got in charge was to ingratiate himself with the tabloid press. The amount of leeway he gets in comparison with George Burley who the tabloids were after from his first day is absolutely chalk and cheese IMO.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I've read this quote from today's Herald over and over and I still can't make any sense of it:

"If every time the fans started shouting for a player and I put the player on because they wanted him, we'd be as well not having a manager and letting the supporters pick the team."

No matter which way I try to look at it, Potter seems to seriously believe there that he is doing a better job than some random out of the crowd.

Deluded or what?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    What's so difficult? Go after him - the team will get over any temporary unpleasantness ...

In 1969 Scotland lost 3-1 to England at Wembley - the score flattered them enormously, they were utterly inept. Bobby Brown was manager. Most of the second half the Scots in the crowd (about 70,000 of us, I'd reckon) sang and sang, "If you hate Bobby Brown, clap your hands ..."

That was Saturday, Brown was gone by Monday evening. Tommy Docherty took over and started a revival, then Willie Ormond came in and took us to the Finals in West Germany in 74.

The games go out worldwide. The SFA can't stand humiliation and embarrassment.

For once I watched it. (I should have known better.)

The game was dire; Serbia were there for the taking. No way are they as good as the Czech Republic - for a start, their goalie was a bomb-scare and at times their back four looked as if they'd only just met in the dressing-room before kick-off. By the end of the game, they were the team playing the football and probably should have taken all three points - Potter has McGregor to thank that they didn't.

Scotland looked as if they hadn't an idea to share between them. That's Potter's fault.

Oddly enough, I think there IS a team in there somewhere, but we'll never see it while he's in charge.

My prediction - it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Belgium, Croatia and even Austria are better teams than the Serbs, and the Serbs will get better. I can't see Potter beating them in Sarajevo.
    I was thinking the other day that Levein was a throwback to the Bobby Brown / Willie Ormond days. SFA preferring a cheap / low maintenance option as manager rather than a proven winner. At least Brown and Ormond won trophies as a player, unlike Levein.