hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Patch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dont really get this thread to be honest... maybe its just because im a nationalist but If you class yourself as Scottish? and a football fan? then i cant fathom how you wouldnt support your country? International time is when club rivalry goes out the window and Scottish football fans unite to support the country. Ok we may be pish but what does that matter? its your country?, everyone should get behind the team.

I cant stand Potter but i will 110% get behind the team on Saturday.
    What's being a nationalist got to do with it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Cabbage_Patch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    What's being a nationalist got to do with it?
    Well being a nationalist obviously means i am fiercly patriotic about my country?...appreciate that everyone isnt though so fair enough

Well being a nationalist obviously means i am fiercly patriotic about my country?...appreciate that everyone isnt though so fair enough
    Patriotism has nothing to do with nationalism (there are plenty of patriots who are not nationalists) and not being that fussed about a Scotland game doesn't mean that someone is not patriotic.

First Team Breakthrough Cabbage_Patch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Patriotism has nothing to do with nationalism (there are plenty of patriots who are not nationalists) and not being that fussed about a Scotland game doesn't mean that someone is not patriotic.
    Ok ive maybe used the term "nationalist" wrongly i was actually more meaning patriot. I am both incidently.

Used to be great supporting Scotland with Jordan, Dalglish, Law et al. Now I feel oddly alienated from the whole process. Too many Jambos in and around the squad?

I'm more excited about the possibility of Andy Murray winning in US.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I remember being in Skopje when Scotland lost one nil to Macedonia on this very w-end a few years ago and singing we're only here for the tennis, **** performance by the team, but, clutching at straws is fun! Sonja of Skopje made my w-end well worthwhile!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Dont really get this thread to be honest... maybe its just because im a nationalist but If you class yourself as Scottish? and a football fan? then i cant fathom how you wouldnt support your country? International time is when club rivalry goes out the window and Scottish football fans unite to support the country. Ok we may be pish but what does that matter? its your country?, everyone should get behind the team.

That sums it up for me perfectly.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Used to be great supporting Scotland with Jordan, Dalglish, Law et al. Now I feel oddly alienated from the whole process. Too many Jambos in and around the squad?

The Scotland side then qualified for finals playing their qualifying ties mid week.
    This October Hibs have only 3 fixtures, I assume due to international dates. We have 5 in December , where is the sense in that?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in opening post, I do support the National team and as a football fan would hope each and every one of us do. My poin is, I just cant stand the way the bread and butter league games on a Sat/Sun are cancelled to accommodate them. Play the bloody things mid-week. Now before anyone comes on and states the obvious - the players need time before a game, they may get injured on the Sat and have to call off, well tell me when was the last time a squad was announced for important games when there weren't any call-offs ? That is even when the weekend games have been cancelled.
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 07-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BauerPower911
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGVCjf6B8c .... i'll never tire of watching this.

one thing that i can't stand though is this song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF4qNmHup68

ups and downs... just like the cabbage!!

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by goosefat View Post
    Internationals - Nonsense football.

Lets scrap the national team, sell Hampdump to Tesco and split the money between all Scottish league clubs.

The only people who can sell Hampden are the mighty Queens Park FC who own the stadium

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo1875 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGVCjf6B8c .... i'll never tire of watching this.

one thing that i can't stand though is this song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF4qNmHup68

ups and downs... just like the cabbage!!

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!
    That was amazing. Will never forget that day. A perfect footballing moment.

The day, the weather, the day before, the march, the Eiffel tower, the game, the laughs.

C'mon Scotland!!!

J

I have to agree with the OP, I cant stand internationals, If I could relate to the team and management more then id probably feel different. If it was made up of good players from the likes of UTD, aberdeen, Hearts Hibs Celtic, Rangers etc but not half rate half Scottish f;ash in the pans.

Hibs and Hibs only...dont think i've given an international a second glance since the 1990 World Cup.

The tartan army aren't for me and I've despised Avril all his career...no problem with those who do choose to follow Scotland tho and wish them a good day out tomorrow, just not for me.
    Last edited by Greenblood70; 07-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Nevi1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spanish Rab
    Used to love watching scotland at hampden but unfortunatly potter has spoiled that would much rather watch the cabbage rack up a couple more points. Yet I don't mind watching the 21's especially with sparky chipping in with a couple of goals.

Still you have to wish them luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    Hibs and Hibs only...dont think i've given an international a second glance since the 1990 World Cup.

The tartan army aren't for me and I've despised Avril all his career...no problem with those who do choose to follow Scotland tho and wish them a good day out tomorrow, just not for me.

Game isn't on council telly so I ain't watching. Hope they win but kinda resent that the Powers that be can't even get the game to the whole population. This nationalism has a caveat to buy Sky sports. No thanks.

This would reignight my interest-

Templeton and forrest wide
    D Fletch and Brown in the Middle
    Rhodes/Russell/Sparky up front

Fill in the rest but I crave excitment and creativity and these guys would give us it IMO. We are no further forward than we were 5 year ago when Berti was capping everything under the sun, CL is doing the same.

Why dont wre promote these youngsters and throw them straight in (Wallcott, Oxley-Chamberlan etc for England) these are examples of players in a much more heated cauldron of expectation down south and they still get their chance. We promote Rhodes and give him 10 mins. There are real gems in our U21 team, Allan, Armstrong and guys like Mackay-Stevens who most clubs down south would be all over but CL cant seem to have the forsight to give them their opportunity?

He had a great chance to promote youth in Scotland when he took the job yet he has chosen to go with the tried and tested massive disapointment of a squad us fans have witnessed for the last stupid amount of years. He trawls around the english leagues for players when all he needs to do is look at whats comming through in the 21's, grow a set of balls and mix them with some chosen experienced pros.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 08-09-2012 at 09:12 PM.

The Joke That Is Modern International Football.

As some may have noticed over the International period so far, im somewhat disillusioned with the modern set up when it comes to the international version of the game.

A perfect example for me is Alex Pearce, Reading Centre Back.

Born in England.

Knew he wasnt good enough for them, BUT decided to play for Scotland U21s, which i fully respect and would welcome him into the team because of this.

HOWEVER, he has now decided he is Oirish, and has been called up by them.

Where is the loyalty? Where is the national pride? Where is the point in international football?

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    As some may have noticed over the International period so far, im somewhat disillusioned with the modern set up when it comes to the international version of the game.

A perfect example for me is Alex Pearce, Reading Centre Back.

Born in England.

Knew he wasnt good enough for them, BUT decided to play for Scotland U21s, which i fully respect and would welcome him into the team because of this.

HOWEVER, he has now decided he is Oirish, and has been called up by them.

Where is the loyalty? Where is the national pride? Where is the point in international football?
    I've been thinking that for a while as well.

As much as I want Scotland to qualify, I really don't get than enthusiastic about international football.

Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    I've been thinking that for a while as well.

As much as I want Scotland to qualify, I really don't get than enthusiastic about international football.
    I would personally be 100% satisfied & back in love with international football if we fielded a team of full on Scots, or those that made their decision as soon as they sign their first pro contract.

A team perhaps of slighlty lesser quality or experience, but lets be honest we're not winning anything with the invaders anyway.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    What i dont like is the stoppage of the domestic game game to allow for internationals, Why dont they just play the qualifiers in the summer when theres no football on? Also the meaningless friendlies as well.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It was like Potter saying he'd welcome Andy Driver to the national side. The Andy Driver that wanted to be English at u21 level.
    So he'll pick someone wanting to be English but not Fletcher.

Utter tool.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    I would personally be 100% satisfied & back in love with international football if we fielded a team of full on Scots, or those that made their decision as soon as they sign their first pro contract.

A team perhaps of slighlty lesser quality or experience, but lets be honest we're not winning anything with the invaders anyway.
    What do you think about where the players are competing in club football?

I know a couple of nationalists who refuse to support the team on the basis that they don't play in Scotland...I'm not one of them btw.

Couldn't care less about that, everyone's got to earn a living and earn as much as they can. I actually think less of players ie Brown that would choose West instead of South.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    What do you think about where the players are competing in club football?

I know a couple of nationalists who refuse to support the team on the basis that they don't play in Scotland...I'm not one of them btw.
    Does this only apply to footballers, or do they think that anyone who leaves Scotland is not really Scottish? Either way, it's breathtakingly parochial.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Does this only apply to footballers, or do they think that anyone who leaves Scotland is not really Scottish? Either way, it's breathtakingly parochial.
    I think it has something to do with that. Drivel.

I can't get enthused.

Webster and Berra? Play(ed) for Hearts. I recall the latter giving us a GIRUY after one game. I hate Hearts, I am not going to cheer on they 2 planks.

Same with Celtic ans Forrest. Hutton and McGregor? Bawbags.

Levein? No explanation required. Tit.

And then there is the SFA. Put a Hearts fan in charge of the cup final, a biased ******* at that.

In conclusion, they can **** right off.