hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather have Kuqi; Sheridan is the better player but there'll be a game or two this season when we need a big lump to hoof it up to.
    Oh yes, as in the QOS game. If he claims to be 35,then he must have had a hard paper round.
    We've spent millions on a youth set up, lets go with it!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ambivalent about this, Sheridan undoubtedly has qualities but also seems to be a bit inconsistent. Decent player on his day but won't be crying into my cornflakes that we never tried to sign him up.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    'A really outstanding striker' will never come on the market within our price range
    IMO Stokes is an outstanding SPL striker.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't understand why there is so much interest in Cillian Sheridan. Scoring rate of about 1 every 5 games and is generally a bit of lazy git.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    I'm not sure Kuqi will kick a ball for us again going by the QOS notices.
    I Refuse to believe that he is as bad as some on here are saying Paddy would not have sanctioned the move if he was no good, plus he would have had to have passed a medical so he cant be 21 pounds overweight just sayin.

Left by mutual consent!
    Different sort of players I supose and Kuqi still needs a bit of time but at 35 he is hardly a long term option. Fairly bizarre signing if you ask me but perhaps PF sees him as someone who will do us a turn and give us an extra option for a season. Maybe he has his eye on a striker who he may not be able to get till next summer so KUqi has come in as a stop gap.

A fully fit Cillian Sheridan (who I think is still in his early 20s) could have done a decent job for us and would have linked up well with Sparky and Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much interest in Cillian Sheridan. Scoring rate of about 1 every 5 games and is generally a bit of lazy git.
    Agree !
    Interesting that no Championship or Div One side in England showed any interest .
    Never really achieved anything since leaving P'Head .

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The thing is, as of next season we'll be relying on a lot of the youth players coming through and Kuqi has seen it all, and as seen when partnering Caldwell he's constantly telling them where to go, what to do, it's going to be valuable stuff.

Sheridan could never have that level of influence within our side.

Blog Entries
    I'm not unhappy about missing out on Sheridan but we're extremely light up front. I like Doyle & LG's a star but for now he's only here until Jan. I'd like to see Caldwell & Handling get as much game time as possible from the subs bench in 1st half of season as I believe they'll be needed in 2nd half. I only see Kuqi playing a minor substitute role & it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by Xmas ( after he's played Santa at the Hibs Kids party! )Hopefully we'll get someone else in now or in Jan window.

Meh, i'm really not fussed about Sheridan either, he's SPL standard IMO, but not any better than Griffiths or Doyle. Like someone said earlier, Kuqi will provide experience and guidance for the younger players.

When was the last time Hibs had a decent veteran to positively influence the younger guys? I think Paddy has done really well bringing in the likes of McPake, Maybury, Clancy who may not be veterans but certainly have been round the block and seem to have the right attitude.

How useful Kuqi will be is yet to be seen....i would like him to score at least once for the celebration...

However, one of my pals is a yam, and he can't wait for the next derby to sing "10 men couldnae carry Kuqi"

Anyway, realise this has gone a wee bit off topic.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    'A really outstanding striker' will never come on the market within our price range
    Stokes did.

Edit: Just noticed WUP said the same.
    Last edited by StevieC; 08-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!