hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

International games (merged)

It all starts on Friday with the first games in group 1 getting under way.

Group Favourites in my eyes are Belgium who travel to Wales in what could be a terrific game. Bookies favourites Croatia are at home to FYR Macedonia and should get off to a winning start.

Saturday see us open our fixtures at home in front of over 40,000 fans, to Serbia, who can be beaten if the manager play's to our strengths, and plays an attacking formation and get into there faces and does not let them settle on the ball.

Anyway here is something to get you in the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6NQ5ZMNLkU

We'll be Coming, COME ON SCOTLAND get intae them

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can't wait for it all to kick off, bring on the excitement nerves and tears

As you say if Levein plays to our strenths we should be looking at 6 points from 6 over the next couple of weeks.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    If we don't get six points from these two games then the campaign is all but over.

I am sure when we don't get the six points we need, we will be told it's all OK, then come the end of the campaign we will miss out on second place due to goal difference or 1 single point or something similar.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait for it all to kick off, bring on the excitement nerves and tears

As you say if Levein plays to our strenths we should be looking at 6 points from 6 over the next couple of weeks.
    I'm gutted i'm missing these 2 games!

But my missus is in the last stage of her pregnancy so being 4hours away, p!shed and in a kilt is probably not the best idea!

I did suggest that we both go and if she starts then we have the baby at Hampden....but the thought of having a son or daughter that would technically be a .......a.......aaa........WEEGIE!!!... was just too much to bear!

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCityHibs View Post
    I'm gutted i'm missing these 2 games!

But my missus is in the last stage of her pregnancy so being 4hours away, p!shed and in a kilt is probably not the best idea!

I did suggest that we both go and if she starts then we have the baby at Hampden....but the thought of having a son or daughter that would technically be a .......a.......aaa........WEEGIE!!!... was just too much to bear!
    Why would your wife be wearing a kilt and pished?

As long as stubborn Potter's in charge we'll get nowhere, we'll sneak through against the o called lesser team and cock up against the better ones, a bit like supporting Hibs, high hopes only to be dashed time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post

Group Favourites in my eyes are Belgium who travel to Wales in what could be a terrific game. Bookies favourites Croatia are at home to FYR Macedonia and should get off to a winning start.

Saturday see us open our fixtures at home in front of over 40,000 fans, to Serbia, who can be beaten if the manager play's to our strengths, and plays an attacking formation and get into there faces and does not let them settle on the ball.

If you want to get to Rio you better book a holiday. Scotland have no chance of getting there. We'll be lucky to take 3 points from our first 3 games. Sad but true.

Can we not get a separate forum for the National Team pish?

I just wish Strachan was in charge, any man that puts his ego before his nations needs is a liability. Will be watching without expectancy.

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    No.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    You read the title - was there any need for your post?

Probably the majority on here are interested in the national side. If you're not that's up to you but no need for posting in a thread for which you've evidently got a gripe about.

Absolutely Ronnie - Where you lot going beforehand?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm going to predict 6 points from the 1st 2 games. I think Belgium will win the group, and we are in a fight for 2nd place.

Croatia, Belgium, Wales, Serbia. Those 4 nations are actually better than us. They have world class players, our best current player isn't allowed to play.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Croatia will win the group. Belgium have some good players as do Serbia. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we finished above any of those teams even if Fletcher was playing.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Iron horse for 8 on Saturday, looking for the boys to get off to a flyer. Had a look at the Stadium plan and there's not many tickets left, hopefully we can shift them in the next couple of days!

We'll be coming.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Has Serbia's squad been announced anywhere? I was curious as to the possible team they'll put out on Saturday.

I don't fancy Scotland to get through at all sadly - Belgium have some great players and look a good team, Wales have already shown they're capable of beating us and have some top players in their side and Croatia, though probably the weakest of the teams from pot 1, are undeniably still a top side. A quick glance at some of their players shows how difficult a task they'll be: Modric, Corluka, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Srna...

6 points from the first 2 games might make me feel a bit more confident though
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    Croatia, Belgium, Wales, Serbia. Those 4 nations are actually better than us. They have world class players, our best current player isn't allowed to play.
    I agree they have world class players but Scotland have good options in just about every position (CH might be an issue admittedly), while I'm not sure you can say the same about the other sides. Serbia have no great firepower according to many and Wales are definitely weak in certain areas. For me, Croatia are favourites after their performance at EURO 2012, while Belgium have so many good players that you'd have to expect them to challenge. It's such a hard group to predict though, I think Scotland could quite easily finish anywhere from 2nd to bottom.

On a similar note, this group really drew the short straw by getting Wales as the bottom seed. If there's a 'best runner-up' system in this campaign then we can just about kiss that route goodbye.

At lease 4 points from 1st 2 games is required, I think we'll get 6. I think Croatia will win the group with Belgium in 2nd, but I'll be along for the ride. Can't wait for sat

Maybe a separate forum for moaners as well. Believe it or not some folk do like to take an interest in the national team. Count me in.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Can you still buy tickets? If you can what stand they in?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Absolutely Ronnie - Where you lot going beforehand?

Montford House we have the upstairs bar booked, a few wristband spare if you fancy it

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Can you still buy tickets? If you can what stand they in?
    Tickets are available for most sections of the ground but in small groups

At the risk of being labelled a moaner here is my tuppenceworth.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that Scotland can finish in the top two when Serbia, Belgium Croatia, Macedonia and Wales are also competing for these places.

With Levein in charge?

Sorry boys, but not a snowball's chance in hell.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Maybe a separate forum for moaners as well. Believe it or not some folk do like to take an interest in the national team. Count me in.
    Harry Potter is a fud ,if we had Strachan ,Dalgleish,Smith or Mcleish i would fancy our chances of at least getting 2nd ,but for a manager to not at least speak to our best striker to try and sort something out is bad management .
    Still be shouting scotland on but HP spoils it tbh .

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Looking forward to it. Edinburgh Tartan Army bus leaves 9.30am and we'll be in the Clockwork Beer Co. at 11.00. Heart says 6 points from our openers but the head says a draw on Saturday and a win on Tuesday. This group will be dog eat dog and their won't be much between the top 4.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Montford House we have the upstairs bar booked, a few wristband spare if you fancy it
    I'll get back to you on it... How many do you have? Think there's about 8 of us meeting in the train station from 8. Were planning on going to the Iron Horse but might change plan...

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Tickets are available for most sections of the ground but in small groups
    Cheers chief. I presume the collection option would be collecting them at the stadium on the day of the game?

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    [QUOTE=H18sry;3351728]

Thats a cracking video btw!!! Unlike alot of folk out there i'm really passionate about Scotland and behind the national team all the way. We have a MUCH better squad than some would like to think and i'm looking forward to another rollercoaster. We we're robbed out of 2nd spot in the Euro's but the referee awarding a penalty that never was and then waving away our penalty claim that clearly was.

A new campaign brings new hope and optimism. I've got my ticket for Saturdays game and can't wait. Brilliant atmosphere at Scotland games, better atmosphere there than at Hibs games it has to be said!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'm not overly keen on International Football, but will be at this one with a group of mates. Should be a decent day on the booze, but I really can't seem to get too passionate over 11 footballers who aren't Hibs players, and this isn't helped by the bawbag manager. Maybe this will change. Obviously I hope Scotland win and it should be a greater experience as opposed to sitting in the boozer watching it, but i'm going for a day out with my pals more than anything.

I reckon Serbia will be a strong side. 2-2.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller