hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can get things like mugs on ebay, but none of the profit would go to the club, also, years ago the club had a really good range of leisure ware, for instance I have a really good quality polo shirt which I'd like to replace but not now available either on line or in the shop.
    I have said this before, but in my opinion the club should have certain items like polo shirts and plain round neck t shirts of a better quality than the sponsored stuff.

I'm not talking about lyle & scott quality, but just good quality cotton.

It should be sponsor free, and just have the badge on it, and when stock runs down they replace it.

That kind of item never goes out of fashion, and in my opinion will always sell.

Half the stuff has crap emblazoned all over it, and must put a large percentage of folk off?

Plain and simple please, but decent quality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I have said this before, but in my opinion the club should have certain items like polo shirts and plain round neck t shirts of a better quality than the sponsored stuff.

It should be sponsor free, and just have the badge on it, and when stock runs down they replace it.

That kind of item never goes out of fashion, and in my opinion will always sell.

Half the stuff has crap emblazoned all over it, and must put a large percentage of folk off?

I really agree with this. There's a large number of classic items of clothing that you can have no matter what the current style/sponsor. I got a T-Shirt a few years back that was really nice cotton and had a kind of American College style writing of Hibernian and the Hibs badge on it.. no sponsor cr*p. I've now worn it out and would like to replace it but there's realy nothing that takes my fancy.

I've actually considered getting a Werder Bremen T-Shirt instead

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Said this exact thing on the other shop thread blackpool, classic stuff that is constant and timeless with smaller limited runs of the more "spur of the moment" shirts (rankins squiggler shirt for example). Classics will sell and of course stocking and restocking the current shirt should be a minimum requirement for the clubstore
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

absolutely correct, IIRC the pole shirt I have is by Glendale, been wearing it for years, I also used to buy casual shirts which had a very discrete HFC logo on them could wear them anywhere.
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hibs are in a difficult position, Hibs only have a limited market when selling things so when working out the next line of items to sell they would have to consider how well these things are going to sell, i'm sure they will have a past record of what sells and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Hibs are in a difficult position, Hibs only have a limited market when selling things so when working out the next line of items to sell they would have to consider how well these things are going to sell, i'm sure they will have a past record of what sells and what doesn't.

I'm sure that's all true but, by your logic, they must have decided that football scarves don't sell, as they currently have none that you can buy online.

Promising Youngster Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Ive just been in the shop and its pretty gash, next to nothing in it, was looking to get my 4yr old some stuff but came away with nothing. Waste of a trip

i went on the Thursday before the SC final and was closed at 5...FIVE...2 days before the biggest game ever.. sums it up for me..

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger_rice View Post
    absolutely correct, IIRC the pole shirt I have is by Glendale, been wearing it for years, I also used to buy casual shirts which had a very discrete HFC logo on them could wear them anywhere.
    I have one of these. Bottle green with the Hibs badge.

Ancient, but wear it all the time. Good quality, 100% cotton.

Petrie!!!!

J

Just upgraded my phone....and there aren't any I-Phone covers in stock on the online shop! Anyone know if the actual shop have any?

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Just upgraded my phone....and there aren't any I-Phone covers in stock on the online shop! Anyone know if the actual shop have any?
    I was in the shop before the St Johnstone game and they had them to the right of the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    I was in the shop before the St Johnstone game and they had them to the right of the counter.
    Cheers, will try and pick one up at the Killie game. "The Product you are looking for is temporarily out of stock or no longer available" according to the online shop!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I'm sure that's all true but, by your logic, they must have decided that football scarves don't sell, as they currently have none that you can buy online.
    Scarfs are obviously a given but I was thinking more along the lines on stationary and the novelty items that were being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Scarfs are obviously a given but I was thinking more along the lines on stationary and the novelty items that were being mentioned.
    I'd have thought that crap like that would be some of the stuff that would never go out of fashion and so could be stocked in the knowledge that it would be sold eventually.

To be fair to them there has been a few more items added in the last few days. Possibly as a result of this thread and the other one?