hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hibernian Online Store

I fancied a good moan, as I'm bored at work, so thought I'd mention my favourite subject, Hibs' Online Store.

I really can't believe just how poor it is. I challenge any of you to buy a Hibs Scarf online, other than a ladies pink scarf or a kids hat and scarf set. There's a grand total of ONE scarf, that is currently out of stock.

I find it impossible to believe that there's another football club anywhere that has an online store that you can't even buy a scarf!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Ive just been in the shop and its pretty gash, next to nothing in it, was looking to get my 4yr old some stuff but came away with nothing. Waste of a trip

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Well that's a shame and all but what we're all wondering is if there are any letter O's in stock???

In all seriousness that is not great from the club, I had an issue last year of trying to get a long sleeve Hibs top that was temporarily out of stock every week for about 4 months!

Appalling shop. Not so long ago there was loads of stuff one could peruse. My niece asked me to get her some 'Hibs stuff' to wind her Jambo dad up.
    Nada. Zilch.
    C'mon Hibs, whats the score?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    The hibs shop doesn't even sell an Autograph book, That sums it up for me, It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The hibs shop doesn't even sell an Autograph book, That sums it up for me, It really does.
    I used to have one with Sid James and Giant Haystack's autographs amongst others.

I don't think anyone's sold autograph books since then.

Was gonna pop along to see if i could pick up a polo or tshirt for holidays..? Not much point it seems..?

There's plenty in the shop they just haven't updated the website yet.

The new range of darker green scarfs are particularly spiffing!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Um...... They do actually, right next to the cash tills.

Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    Um...... They do actually, right next to the cash tills.

Um...Well actually i asked the girl at the cash registers and was told 'no we dont have any'

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Um...Well actually i asked the girl at the cash registers and was told 'no we dont have any'
    Should've looked to your right. There are 2 different types. One with a cartoonish cover obv aimed at younger fans & there is one which is faux leather.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd have a proper look yersel rather than ask. I went in a few days efter the Huddersfield game tae try and pick up a programme and was telt at the counter there were none left so I went along tae the boy in the programme shop for it. A few days efter the yams game I went in for a programme for that game and got it and beside them were leftover programmes from the Huddersfiled game.

had tae pay an extra 50p for the yin oot the programme shop, Petrie

Last edited by Saorsa; 04-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    Should've looked to your right. There are 2 different types. One with a cartoonish cover obv aimed at younger fans & there is one which is faux leather.

Thanks, Ill get one at the next home game for the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'd have a proper look yersel rather than ask. I went in a few days efter the Huddersfield game tae try and pick up a programme and was telt at the counter there were none left so I went along tae the boy in the programme shop for it. A few days efter the yams game I went in for a programme for that game and got it and beside them were leftover programmes from the Huddersfiled game.

That really dusnae surprise me J

The retail operation is one of the many areas that the new CEO, when appointed, needs to have a long, hard look at.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    There's plenty in the shop they just haven't updated the website yet.

The new range of darker green scarfs are particularly spiffing!

there really isnt plenty in the shop. I was in today and there is hardly anything.

unless you were talking about scarfs then yip there are a few

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    there really isnt plenty in the shop. I was in today and there is hardly anything.

unless you were talking about scarfs then yip there are a few
    If you are a xxl ( i know) then there is very little in the shop, and thats been the case since the season started. Maybe its me, but i thought if you run out of something its either because you did not buy enough, or its the most popular and you need to get more in?

our online shop is pathetic, i have seen wee local shops with a better online system and better product range available. The shop webpage is like something out of the dark ages!

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If you are a xxl ( i know) then there is very little in the shop, and thats been the case since the season started. Maybe its me, but i thought if you run out of something its either because you did not buy enough, or its the most popular and you need to get more in?
    This!

Like it or loathe it, I tried to get an xxl 3rd strip the day they came out ..... None available!

Truth be told I'd prefer a 3xl .... The skin tight look ain't a good one ;-) .... But its never gonna happen :-(

Petrie!!!!

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    our online shop is pathetic, i have seen wee local shops with a better online system and better product range available. The shop webpage is like something out of the dark ages!
    Agree Does it even have the Keepers shirts on it yet ? available for weeks in the shop
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    I emailed the club a few weeks back about the on line shop.....never even got an acknowledgement!
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Long time since you or I went looking for XXL G
    This is how it feels

Confident I would waste many pounds on pointless accessories if they were made available. Easy money for the club if they would bother themselves !

Online shop is awful and Hibs know it, they just aren't willing to invest in a new one basically because the income from the shops has fallen dramatically over the last few years.

Seems small minded as they would recoup their investment in a couple of months.

I too have had a look online for my wee laddie and there's not much.

There may be lots more in the shop - I'm not sure.

Are there cups, mugs, pens, pencils, rulers, pencil cases, kids pyjamas, lunch boxes, drink bottles, key-rings, pillow cases in the shop??

The above are all cheaply manufactured and would probably be in the price bracket that would sell .

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    Online shop is awful and Hibs know it, they just aren't willing to invest in a new one basically because the income from the shops has fallen dramatically over the last few years.

Seems small minded as they would recoup their investment in a couple of months.
    Yes it's dumb. The online shop used to be quite good as well... The problem is that by letting things slide Hibs give the impression that they really don't give a ****.

I think the club's entire marketing and customer operation is mediocre at best, and their digital strategy is woeful.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyNicky View Post

Are there cups, mugs, pens, pencils, rulers, pencil cases, kids pyjamas, lunch boxes, drink bottles, key-rings, pillow cases in the shop??

The above are all cheaply manufactured and would probably be in the price bracket that would sell .
    To a degree there is but the range is not vast.

The kids clothing is also pretty poor...there is a number of posters on here saying they have went in with their kid and walked out with nothing. I'm not suprised to be honest, been there myself.

As someone has already said the retail operaiton needs a good overhaul...I understand there is a certain limitation due to the size of the customer base but really it shouldn't bee too difficult to get the shop full (it's pretty sparse) and to make sure there is plenty of items for kids in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Yes it's dumb. The online shop used to be quite good as well... The problem is that by letting things slide Hibs give the impression that they really don't give a ****.

I think the club's entire marketing and customer operation is mediocre at best, and their digital strategy is woeful.
    this

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyNicky View Post

I can get things like mugs on ebay, but none of the profit would go to the club, also, years ago the club had a really good range of leisure ware, for instance I have a really good quality polo shirt which I'd like to replace but not now available either on line or in the shop.
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The retail operation is one of the many areas that the new CEO, when appointed, needs to have a long, hard look at.
    Cash only, church hall, jumble sales are the future .. ala the Gorgie Puddle Drinkers