hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And i stand by that.
    But why? What's the point of you saying if any of your money goes toward expanding Hibs as a brand, if they chose too, you'll withdraw that money? What benefit would that have? That would effect the product you want too watch aswell as the club as a whole?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Simple. BUMS ON SEATS. Encourage girls to play for Hibs. You get more supporters on a Saturday. You sell more shirts. It's common sense.
    I quite like women's football, which is probably why I haven't minded having a season ticket at ER recently, but from a pragmatic viewpoint a decent Hibs Women's team creates more interest & more support. Simples.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    Because Hibs are a company which you support. All a football team is is a business. If they decide to create a new product as part of that business you don't have to use it, you can continue funding your own product that you use. If they do decide to help fund the ladies then why would that bother you? As long as you get to use the product you enjoy you shouldn't bother about the other products. That being said, Scotland as a whole doesn't seem to pay wages to the players in the females branch, which is why they get beat by teams in Germany 8-0. If they did start funding then, the already improving product, would improve a whole lot more. If such a time comes would you then withdraw your season ticket money from hibs because they are expanding into another sector of business?
    I dont support any company, or any business, just the team that come out the tunnel on a Saturday. And jeezus christ, i dont care if they win 8-0 or lose 8-0 none of them will ever play for the team i support.

As for more women supporting Hibs, bring it on, how many are we talking about here?

I dont support any company, or any business, just the team that come out the tunnel on a Saturday. And jeezus christ, i dont care if they win 8-0 or lose 8-0 none of them will ever play for the team i support.

As for more women supporting Hibs, bring it on, how many are we talking about here?
    You're missing the point. Hibs are more a business than a team. And as I said if you support one branch of the business, the males first team, then you put money into the business. But if that business expands you will remove your money from the product you love? Stupid.

But why? What's the point of you saying if any of your money goes toward expanding Hibs as a brand, if they chose too, you'll withdraw that money? What benefit would that have? That would effect the product you want too watch aswell as the club as a whole?
    Where did i say that, i'm giving my opinion why it shouldn't happen, and will be asking Petrie his view on the subject?

You're missing the point. Hibs are more a business than a team. And as I said if you support one branch of the business, the males first team, then you put money into the business. But if that business expands you will remove your money from the product you love? Stupid.
    I wish you would stop making things up to make your point more relevant?

Where did i say that, i'm giving my opinion why it shouldn't happen, and will be asking Petrie his view on the subject?
    You said you didn't want any of your money contributing to hibs ladies, that would be another branch. Expanding the business. I'm not saying it will happen just questioning why you would say such a thing. Considering it would effect the team you watch and the whole compan.

I wish you would stop making things up to make your point more relevant?
    I'm not, I'm using my education in business to explain something to you. You are the one who has stated things that aren't relevant.

You said you didn't want any of your money contributing to hibs ladies, that would be another branch. Expanding the business. I'm not saying it will happen just questioning why you would say such a thing. Considering it would effect the team you watch and the whole compan.
    Yes i did say i dont want my money going towards it, i dont want my money spent on crap players but they still do it? Point me to where i said i would withdraw my money please?

I personally think you can **** off. You're living in the past. My little sister players for the under 17s and for you too claim it is boring when you've probably never given it a chance in the last few years is stupid. And Scottish women's footballers don't get paid wages yet. But if they did a true Hibs fan wouldn't care if some of his money went on that. Take your outdated views and **** off.
    Wow.

Yes i did say i dont want my money going towards it, i dont want my money spent on crap players but they still do it? Point me to where i said i would withdraw my money please?
    How else would you stop your money contributing to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Wow.
    Only a slight over reaction.

Only a slight over reaction.
    His or yours? Its a good job you never called me a clown, or you'd have a warning by now?

His or yours? Its a good job you never called me a clown, or you'd have a warning by now?
    Mine haha! My first post was unnecessarily aggressive. The discussion that followed was what I should have been like.

Mine haha! My first post was unnecessarily aggressive. The discussion that followed was what I should have been like.

Hibs won 4-0 btw. You can follow them on @HibsLadies

Ian Mackay's match report...

SPARTANS were on the wrong end of a 4-0 beating from Hibs in their latest Scottish Women’s League clash. Everything was in place at Spartans Community Football Academy on Sunday, September 2, with the new extension to the main building positively glistening in the bright sunshine. But it was the visiting Hibs side who ran away with the spoils in this cracker of a game. I always watch teams going through their pre-match paces and once again I was totally impressed by the approach and attitude of the Hibs contingent. It appeared to me to be very professional in every way and I gained the impression even then they would win. I was right on this occasion. Not that it was anything but hard work for the Hibees in the very warm (honest) sunshine of the first Sunday in September 2012! The pitch, ah well, the only word that can be applied to that is ‘glorious’! Not so glorious were the Spartans Women’s side on this fine day. They had some good players on top of their form, but for too many of the home side, it was simply toil in the sun and in the end it was Hibs who ran out deserved winners. It would be difficult for me to pick one player out of the Hibs squad as my choice of their best player on the day. However, I did think Caroline Weir, in the No 8 jersey, had a brilliant game. So, too, did the rest of her team-mates in this game. No 10, Lisa Robertson, was in great form and I know that because her mother, sitting in the sunshine on the grassy terracing eating a sausage roll of all things, told me so on numerous occasions. I do not know if Hibs No 4, Frankie Brown, had any of her family watching her at Ainslie Park, but she was another star performer on the right, particularly in the second half. What the hell, here are the names of all the players who contributed to this excellent game:

Spartans - Rachael Harrison, Jo Hutcheson, Ashley Nicolson, Alana Marshall, Claire Crosbie, Louise Mason, Louise Magilton, Lana Clelland, Chloe Fitzpatrick, Diana Barry, Molly McLean, Bobbie Beveridge, Sarah Archibald, Trisha McLaughlin, Nichola Sturrock, Olivia Lukasewich, Louise Young, Louise Moultray, Sarah Ewens, Katie Reilly, Becky Galbraith, Victoria Farquhar, Kirsty Hamilton.

Hibs - Shannon Lynn, Emma Bownlie, Stef Malcolm, Frankie Brown, Susan Fairlie, Hollie Thomson, Kirsty McLaughlin, Caroline Weir, Ellan Pia, Lisa Robertson, Kirsty Smith, Jenna Ross, Rebecca Zoltie, Siobhan Hunter, Joelle Murray, Laura Kennedy Houston.

Referee - Mark Rennie.

There was a strange start to the game, and it was halted while the referee and coaches of both teams tried to find a football that was acceptable, not of the soft variety. One was found, thankfully, while someone was sent to the main building to blow up the balls to the correct pressure. I have not seen that before, I must say. But the ball was well and truly in Hibs’ court for the rest of the game. It is in fact an understatement on my part to say they are ‘well coached’! The football the team in green and white and the passing and movement from the Hibees throughout this game was quite exceptional. The home defence had lots to do and no one better at it than No 16, Canadian student Olivia Lukasewich, and No 22 Victoria Farquhar. Trisha McLaughlin was prominent in the early stages of the game, while the rest of the Spartans players were put through the mill by their opponents. It was obvious to me that Hibs were really fired up for this game and for anyone who loves to see good football being played, well the game at Ainslie Park was a perfect example of this. Trisha McLaughlin was good on the right for Spartans but whenever the No 14 got on the move, she was countered by a great Hibs rearguard. It was in fact, mostly Hibs who attacked in the first half with a glorious move that saw the ball switched from Siobhan Hunter, then to Frankie Brown, on to Kirsty McLaughlin and then back to Hunter, but the cross from the right in to the home goal was overhit, and that let Spartans off the hook! Free kicks to Spartans gave Alana Marshall the chance to put some pressure on the Hibs defence, but her deliveries from set-pieces was quite disappointing. McLaughlin continued to inspire her team-mates with good crosses from the right but, still, Hibs looked the more dangerous side on the attack. And attack they did! The team in the famous green-and-white colours set a punishing pace and Spartans were in fact pushed to the very limit to keep them at bay. Rachael Harrison distinguished herself in the home goal with a brilliant diving save to keep out a great shot from Hollie Thomson. The home side’s hopes were lifted yet again by a good run on the right by Trisha McLaughlin but her well-hit shot at goal went direct in to the hands of Hibs’ keeper, Shannon Lynn. When I noted down ‘after 30 minutes play, no sign of a goal’! I had hardly finished writing that in my notebook when Hibs broke the deadlock. It was a tremendous team goal, with the move starting at the back and it ended with a great low ball from the right, delivered by Kirsty McLaughlin, being knocked in to the net despite a great effort by Jo Hutchison in the Spartans goal to keep it out. 1-0 for Hibs and I thought they really deserved to be in front. Spartans tried so hard to create good passing moves but I thought they lacked confidence and it showed. However, a superb run at the Hibs defence resulted in Sarah Ewens being felled by Emma Brownlie and the free-kick was in sight of the Hibs goal. But, damn it, Alana Marshall’s delivery was poor I have to say. How frustrating for the player it must have been, but that is football! Hibs really started to motor along with Kirsty McLaughlin and Lisa Robertson in the thick of the action. At that stage, I have to say Lisa’s mother had not started on the sausage rolls with her family and friends!!! I must also say I was not offered one of these sausage rolls and there appeared to be plenty to go around. Possibly, I was the only one on that part of the ground WITHOUT a sausage roll!!!! Another free kick to Spartans duly came along and this time Marshall sent in a great ball on target but there was Shannon Lynn to clear the danger. At half-time it was 1-0 to Hibs and sausage rolls all round in the Robertson family! Everything was beautiful for the Hibs contingent and the players went off to the changing rooms to eat I know not what! Whatever it was, they dominated the second half and scored three great goals to put the game well and truly beyond Spartans. I noticed Hibs No 4, Frankie Brown had her sleeves pulled up to her shoulders and goodness me what a great game she had for Hibs on the right. The Spartans defence was run ragged at times and the passing and vision of the Hibs side just got better and better. Caroline Weir looked more and more a real class act and it was akin to a blitz on the home goal at times. Lisa Robertson let fly with a rocket of a shot but it was rising all the time and the ball crashed out of play over the bar. Then came another of these ‘funny’ incidents in the game. A free kick to Hibs on the left had to be taken three times and a Hibs player was booked in to the bargain! “What bloody nonsense,” I muttered to myself! Apparently, the player taking the series of free kicks did not wait when told to for the referee's whistle. “Hi, gies' a sausage roll, Mrs Robertson, to shut me up!” By the way, it was her daughter, Lisa, who was booked in this incident! ‘Ha, that will teach you a lesson, then!’ The free-kick was cleared and when play went to the other end, former Craigmount HS pupil, Claire Crosbie went down injured with a head knock. That caused another break in the play while the Spartans player received attention. Then, wham, bam, and Hibs were 3-0 up. A great shot from Kirsty McLaughlin rebounded off the Spartans crossbar and Caroline Weir slammed home the rebound. After waiting so long for a second goal, along came another and Hibs were cruising at 3-0 with 15 minutes still to play. The goal of the game was still to come, however and when Spartans other goalie, Rachel Harrison, was forced to go outside the 18yd box to head the ball clear, it went straight to Caroline Weir and the Hibs No 8, real class if ever I have seen it, delicately and deliberately chipped the ball over the stranded keeper and in to the empty net. What a super goal to finish the game and I set tracks for the nearby Morrison’s super-store to see if they had any sausage rolls for sale in their café! But then I thought, that Mrs Robertson and her family will likely be there stocking up with fresh supplies and I thought - ‘time to make a quick exit’!

*Thank you to both teams, their coaches and FANS on the terracing for making it such an enjoyable visit to what I think is the best football facility I have seen in my life. Missing from the fans at this game, however, was Gail Swanson, who usually sneaks in free of charge at this lovely football venue!!! Maybe she was too busy making sausage rolls at home?

Simple. BUMS ON SEATS. Encourage girls to play for Hibs. You get more supporters on a Saturday. You sell more shirts. It's common sense.
    Is this true?

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Woman's football pays for itself through sponsorship but the benefits for youth clubs like Spartans Fc and Hutchison Vale Fc who both play in the SWPL top flight league is superb.

Women’s football is generally slower and less aggressive than men's football, but there is much more emphasis on agility and technical ability. The fact that most of these women play simply because they love it is also overlooked.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Have to say i dont have much interest in womens football but would encourage anyone to play if they can, there are to many people in this country who would rather sit and play playstations than keep fit and healthy, if hibs were to invest in the ladies team i probably would give something to them but probably wouldnt go watch as i think the mens game is a lot quicker and more frantic and im interested in it more

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Have to say i dont have much interest in womens football but would encourage anyone to play if they can, there are to many people in this country who would rather sit and play playstations than keep fit and healthy, if hibs were to invest in the ladies team i probably would give something to them but probably wouldnt go watch as i think the mens game is a lot quicker and more frantic and im interested in it more
    Good post. We have a successful women's team at Hibs and I'd have no problem with the club providing some financial support to maintain that success. And I'm someone with no interest in women's football.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Good post. We have a successful women's team at Hibs and I'd have no problem with the club providing some financial support to maintain that success. And I'm someone with no interest in women's football.
    Ditto, I want our main team, our youth team and our womens team to all be winning and I don't mind some money going to the youth and womens team to assist in this. The Hibs mentality should be about success at all levels.

The youth team is there to generate players for the first team, so, money should go there. The womens team, not so sure to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The youth team is there to generate players for the first team, so, money should go there. The womens team, not so sure to be honest.
    A lot of those girls that play for Hibs - or even other teams, go to the games. And they will take a parent with them. One of my girls goes to football, and thats only because she plays at a kids level. To ignore 50% of the population just because its not the traditional income stream is madness. Promote the brand at all levels. Its the main way to bring in more punters. Over the next few generations we will see a huge shift in football fans and income.

A lot of those girls that play for Hibs - or even other teams, go to the games. And they will take a parent with them. One of my girls goes to football, and thats only because she plays at a kids level. To ignore 50% of the population just because its not the traditional income stream is madness. Promote the brand at all levels. Its the main way to bring in more punters. Over the next few generations we will see a huge shift in football fans and income.
    Who is ignoring 50% of the population? Are you saying women wont come to watch Hibs unless they provide funds for the womens team, who Leishy said its not even classed as the same sport?

What about starting up a disabled Hibs team, we could fund that too under the name of Hibs, we dont want to miss out on the disabled fan either, or maybe a Polish Hibs team, or a Muslim team, christ the possibilities are endless, wont be long before we need a bigger ground.

This is going off on a bit of tangent, if its true that Hibs don't invest in the ladies team then fine, but, if they want to invest in other levels apart from the first team, then investment in boys clubs will give them a more tangible return, until, as BH stated earlier female players start turning out for the first team.

Who is going to do the ironing or make the man of the houses tea if these lassies are spending their Sat afternoons at ER? Has nobody thought about the bairns?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This is going off on a bit of tangent, if its true that Hibs don't invest in the ladies team then fine, but, if they want to invest in other levels apart from the first team, then investment in boys clubs will give them a more tangible return, until, as BH stated earlier female players start turning out for the first team.
    Right we already agree that women will never play in the MENS team......thats not the point. Its about being inclusive to all genders....if only to try and raise the income. Why do you think they have pink hibs scarves? There is vital income to be had lets not be petty about it. As for a disabled hibs team...why not? Whatever happened to the Hibs Family.

Right we already agree that women will never play in the MENS team......thats not the point. Its about being inclusive to all genders....if only to try and raise the income. Why do you think they have pink hibs scarves? There is vital income to be had lets not be petty about it. As for a disabled hibs team...why not? Whatever happened to the Hibs Family.
    All women are welcome at easter road, as are disabled. In fact everyone is welcome?
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 03-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.

I'm not a fan of womens football at all, i have no problems with them playing football, but i too dont want the club to be funding it.

If the club are going to start funding sport in the community, where does it stop Hibernian banjo team, or the Hibernian netball club? Every penny that goes into this is a penny less for the team i support in my opinion.
    Could do with a Hibs womens beach volleyball team, knowing our luck it'll be the big fat ugly women in bikini's from Leith that no one wants to look at.