hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To the board

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by devonjock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat obviously believed he selected a team that could win but was let down by the players on the night. Don't think he'll make the same mistake again!

"I'm disgusted by that performance," Fenlon said."We have let ourselves down and let down a fair few supporters who have travelled a long way."We just didn't treat it properly, we didn't get to the tempo we should have."They worked harder and I thought they were very good, they passed it when they had to and turned us round when they had to and just were better than us all round."It's about attitude and application when you come to places like this. If you don't apply yourselves properly you will get turned over. I told them that yesterday and I told them that today."All round the park, the application from their players was much better than us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ted-by-display
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...tory-1-2494669
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340440
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1346190441910A

He may have been let down by the players, but they are players he does not think are good enough, thats why he has been given money to replace them, it was nothing short of complacency. As for the list above, they seem to be pointing the finger of blame in every direction other than his own, and you seem to have missed out the evening news war cry on the day of the game.

As far as i am concerned the wrong team has been selected by the manager in our last two cup games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough keithkeith's Avatar
    It only takes a minute (or 45) to destroy a good start to the season.

I don't think it's an over-reaction. I don't get to many home games, due to work, but I have been to many, many horror shows away from home. I turned up to Love Street thinking "Could it be magic?" and watched a horror-show, culminating in David van Zanten scoring a fluke. I watched us getting ripped apart at Pittodrie and Ross County (nightmare journeys home!), Tannadice, Somerset Park, Hampden, Tynecastle, Rugby Park, stood open-mouthed at the fact we nearly lost the 6-6 game at Fir Park...many, many more.

I'll still come back for more though, I'll never change, but I still partially agree with the OP. Something is not right!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    The team we put out tonight should have been more than adequate to win that game, that they didn't is the fault of manager and players...
    Why's that then? Who the hell do you and Fenlon think we are? More than adequate! Get a grip for crying out loud! It was that very notion that cost us the cup tie.

Oh and before you numpties try and have a pop back. I said there would be no more signings other than loanees. I was right! I also said Fenlon has a poor knowledge of the British game outside the Old Firm and EPL hence yet another Irish player. We lost at Dumfries because we didnt show them the respect they deserve, so duh we lost 2 nil!!!!!! You should take notice of Bovrils post as he's been to more games than many of you lot put together!!

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar

Qotsa

Does Dave Grohl still play drums for them occasionally?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    QOTS are full time

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Why's that then? Who the hell do you and Fenlon think we are? More than adequate! Get a grip for crying out loud! It was that very notion that cost us the cup tie.

Oh and before you numpties try and have a pop back. I said there would be no more signings other than loanees. I was right! I also said Fenlon has a poor knowledge of the British game outside the Old Firm and EPL hence yet another Irish player. We lost at Dumfries because we didnt show them the respect they deserve, so duh we lost 2 nil!!!!!! You should take notice of Bovrils post as he's been to more games than many of you lot put together!!
    Good point today.