Damn ... should check my facts .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They say the board read this forum.

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.
    Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Yawn
    Yam

Yam
    Lol!

Not a Yam. I'm just tired of these pointless OTT board rants.

IMO the reaction to last night has been unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Lol!

Not a Yam. I'm just tired of these pointless OTT board rants.

IMO the reaction to last night has been unnecessary.
    I dont think you are a Yam either. But if you are going to comment do it intelligently .. coz that just looked rude.

IMO the reaction to last night was and is totally justified.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Can't blame Petrie or the board for last night. I don't even blame the players, it's not their fault that they're useless.

Fenlon screwed up big time and he knows it.

I dont think you are a Yam either. But if you are going to comment do it intelligently .. coz that just looked rude.

IMO the reaction to last night was and is totally justified.
    Point taken re my post. It was done from my mobile so no smiley access. No offense intended.

Disagree about the reaction some have to last nights defeat though.
    Especially the calls for PF's head and the abuse towards the players.

Don't see the point in lambasting the board either.

It was a bad night in a quagmire of transition.

Let's move on.

Testimonial Due
    They say the board read this forum.

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.
    The manager choses the team not the board. The league performances have shown he has been backed enough to get a team that can compete well in the top flight, it was his choice to bash out the war cry and then change the team from the weekend. Last night has nothing to do with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    The manager choses the team not the board. The league performances have shown he has been backed enough to get a team that can compete well in the top flight, it was his choice to bash out the war cry and then change the team from the weekend. Last night has nothing to do with the board.
    I'm not disagreeing that PF was at fault. But I think that the pressure should now be on the board at all times. PF chooses the team, but as the guys in charge of the purse strings they must have been keen to see Hibs progress to the next round of the competition. The fact that we have not as a result of an error by the manager leaves it up to them to give him the message that we cant afford to treat any game as a practice match for fringe players. Especially given this clubs history of getting bumped out of cups by teams we should able to beat.

It also has to be said that even if you put the financial aspect to one side, the last thing Hibs needed at this time was another epic cup fail if it has any hopes of keeping the paying supporters it still has and getting more to come back.

That is why I think the board need to accept as much responsibility as PF for this game going the way it did. It is never up to the board or owner of any club to pick the team ( with one exeption of course ) but the board does have a responsibility to make it clear to a manager how important certain matches and competitions are to the club .... something they failed to get across in this case.

First Team Breakthrough DevonLoch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Pat obviously believed he selected a team that could win but was let down by the players on the night. Don't think he'll make the same mistake again!

"I'm disgusted by that performance," Fenlon said."We have let ourselves down and let down a fair few supporters who have travelled a long way."We just didn't treat it properly, we didn't get to the tempo we should have."They worked harder and I thought they were very good, they passed it when they had to and turned us round when they had to and just were better than us all round."It's about attitude and application when you come to places like this. If you don't apply yourselves properly you will get turned over. I told them that yesterday and I told them that today."All round the park, the application from their players was much better than us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ted-by-display
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...tory-1-2494669
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340440
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1346190441910A

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    The managers job is to put a team out that are capable of winning the game.

That team were very capable of winning the game, they just chose not to bother on the night.

I reckon a few will be gone very soon.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devonjock View Post
    Pat obviously believed he selected a team that could win but was let down by the players on the night. Don't think he'll make the same mistake again!

"I'm disgusted by that performance," Fenlon said."We have let ourselves down and let down a fair few supporters who have travelled a long way."We just didn't treat it properly, we didn't get to the tempo we should have."They worked harder and I thought they were very good, they passed it when they had to and turned us round when they had to and just were better than us all round."It's about attitude and application when you come to places like this. If you don't apply yourselves properly you will get turned over. I told them that yesterday and I told them that today."All round the park, the application from their players was much better than us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ted-by-display
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...tory-1-2494669
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340440
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1346190441910A
    Well bugger me, all pre season Fenlon has told us just how he wanted the right kind of player, the right characters, players with the right attitude and application i'd imagine?

He also told us many times how we were a soft touch, but thats not the case anymore, his new players are changing that.

I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    We are like a rudderless boat, absolutely no direction....Sad times
    Lets be honest we have been like this since JC Left, there will be more results like this to come however i sense we are slowly improving on what CC Left us lets not over react to 1 result.

First Team Breakthrough DevonLoch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well bugger me, all pre season Fenlon has told us just how he wanted the right kind of player, the right characters, players with the right attitude and application i'd imagine?

He also told us many times how we were a soft touch, but thats not the case anymore, his new players are changing that.

I'm confused
    It's not a finished product yet (thank ****!). Difficult to go from one end of the spectrum to the other in a short period of time, while changing so many of the components. Tuesday showed, mentioned umpteen places on here, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of dross to shift out. Pat made a mistake changing a winning team - I still think overall he's moving the team and the club in the right direction. Lets hope he manages to get a couple more players of the right calibre in PDQ to improve options through til January. And that he has learned not to come out with trite statements such as “It’s a competition we firmly believe we can win and that’s what we are going to try to do, make progress through the rounds."

Quote Originally Posted by devonjock View Post
    It's not a finished product yet (thank ****!). Difficult to go from one end of the spectrum to the other in a short period of time, while changing so many of the components. Tuesday showed, mentioned umpteen places on here, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of dross to shift out. Pat made a mistake changing a winning team - I still think overall he's moving the team and the club in the right direction. Lets hope he manages to get a couple more players of the right calibre in PDQ to improve options through til January. And that he has learned not to come out with trite statements such as “It’s a competition we firmly believe we can win and that’s what we are going to try to do, make progress through the rounds."
    If thats the case, how many more players do we need to get rid of, out of Tuesdays team, who should we be getting out the door?

I agree Pat made a mistake on tuesday, yet it was 4 changes 2 he brought to the club. This club is in a very fragile state at the moment, if ever a game needed winning on tuesday it was that one.

For me he caused untold damage to the club on tuesday night, thats twice he's made enormous mistakes in team selections and tactics. Is he learning, i bloody well hope so?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous5forever View Post
    Lets be honest we have been like this since JC Left, there will be more results like this to come however i sense we are slowly improving on what CC Left us lets not over react to 1 result.
    I'm not reacting to one result, I am reacting to years and years of turgid results....That OK?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I'm not reacting to one result, I am reacting to years and years of turgid results....That OK?
    How many one results have there been over the last 5 years?

How many one results have there been over the last 5 years?
    Dont want to start BH......Think about the Ayr and Ross County games for starters, any more and I will be sitting in my shreddies, shaking and greetin.....

Dont want to start BH......Think about the Ayr and Ross County games for starters, any more and I will be sitting in my shreddies, shaking and greetin.....
    Dont worry steven, the training grounds built the grounds finished, thats the infrastructure done.

It wont be long before results start to improve, as little Gary Barlow said just have a little patience.

Dont worry steven, the training grounds built the grounds finished, thats the infrastructure done.

It wont be long before results start to improve, as little Gary Barlow said just have a little patience.
    I think our support have been patient beyond the call of duty already.......Although we can "pray", I just hope they start to "relight my fire", "could it be magic"?

I think our support have been patient beyond the call of duty already.......Although we can "pray", I just hope they start to "relight my fire", "could it be magic"?
    We are a long way from success, we wont rule the world for a long time yet.

We are a long way from success, we wont rule the world for a long time yet.
    You and I are tarnishing our reputations with all these Take That references......The old me is now back for good....

Maybe if we get Riordan back for good we'll be ok! I'll never forget how good he was for us the first time around, everything changes though I suppose!

Can i join the suitably embarassed crew BH & BF? :-)
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 30-08-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Maybe if we get Riordan back for good we'll be ok! I'll never forget how good he was for us the first time around, everything changes though I suppose!
    Not you as well.......

Can i join the suitably embarassed crew BH & BF? :-)
    Come in and join us Babe, it only takes a minute.

Put that Greatest Hits CD back in its rack Gary!

Put that Greatest Hits CD back in its rack Gary!
    I'm sensing love aint here anymore?

I'm struggling now! :-)

I'm struggling now! :-)
    Me too, i'm out.

Testimonial Due
    I'm not disagreeing that PF was at fault. But I think that the pressure should now be on the board at all times. PF chooses the team, but as the guys in charge of the purse strings they must have been keen to see Hibs progress to the next round of the competition. The fact that we have not as a result of an error by the manager leaves it up to them to give him the message that we cant afford to treat any game as a practice match for fringe players. Especially given this clubs history of getting bumped out of cups by teams we should able to beat.

It also has to be said that even if you put the financial aspect to one side, the last thing Hibs needed at this time was another epic cup fail if it has any hopes of keeping the paying supporters it still has and getting more to come back.

That is why I think the board need to accept as much responsibility as PF for this game going the way it did. It is never up to the board or owner of any club to pick the team ( with one exeption of course ) but the board does have a responsibility to make it clear to a manager how important certain matches and competitions are to the club .... something they failed to get across in this case.
    Thats it in a nutshell for me. If it is not up to them to pick the team, and team selection is at fault then it lies with the person who picks the team. I also dont think my 5 year old nephew needs to be told how significant a cup is, so quite why that would need to expressed to a manager is beyond me.