hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the board

To the board

They say the board read this forum.

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    QOTS are full time

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Well

Dear Board Members.

If you think that following last years disaster that what happened in Dumfries tonight was in any way acceptable then you must be living in a bloody bubble.

To once again subject the supporters of this club to 'yet another' cup humiliation is just ****ing well unbelievable. Bad enough that the supporters of our biggest rivals were handed the bragging rights in Edinburgh for decades to come in the most degrading and embarrassing manner possible, without ( less than 3 months later ) handing them another chance to take the P1sss out of us on a plate.

To get to the stage where we are a threat to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts and even hopefully Celtic, will take time and setbacks can be anticipated and even accepted along the way .......... against these clubs.

2 - 0 defeats to part time clubs in the first round of one of the two competitions we have a realistic chance of winning are not acceptable. Not any more !!!

Please, please dont trot out the usual pathetic platitudes and patronising drivel about sharing the fans pain etc etc etc.

Just get a bloody grip.
    The team we put out tonight should have been more than adequate to win that game, that they didn't is the fault of manager and players...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If the Board do read Hibs.net, I bet their hearts leapt with joy when this thread appeared.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    To the board - it's your fault. All of it

We are like a rudderless boat, absolutely no direction....Sad times
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough aazza91's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: azmo14

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.
    A bit OTT i think. Yes it was a humiliating result but things were looking promising this season, we've had 3 decent results, won 2 league games back to back, every team has a bad night or a bad cup result now and again. Even Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool have all had bad results, even Real Madrid got pumped by a 3rd division team i'm sure a few weeks ago.

I still feel confident for the rest of the season and at the moment the league is the most important thing to Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    QOTS are full time
    We'd better get hold of their training routine and quickly as they were better than us in every department tonight. Can't help thinking the entire Hibs team pull a sickie whenever they should be practicing passing the ball to each other in training.

Quote Originally Posted by aazza91 View Post
    A bit OTT i think. Yes it was a humiliating result but things were looking promising this season, we've had 3 decent results, won 2 league games back to back, every team has a bad night or a bad cup result now and again. Even Celtic, Man Utd, Liverpool have all had bad results, even Real Madrid got pumped by a 3rd division team i'm sure a few weeks ago.

I still feel confident for the rest of the season and at the moment the league is the most important thing to Hibs
    Up until last season I would have agreed with you and probably even posted something not unlike this following a result like last night's.

But not any more. I for one am fed up trying to rationalise or find excuses for Hibs failures on the park. If you look again at my post you will see that I didnt expect us to be beating the likes of Dundee Utd or Celtic I am not asking for the Earth.

The clubs you have quoted above have bad cup results mostly because they dont really care about certainly the League Cup and probably until the QF stages the F.A. cup, Spanish Cup or Scottish Cup. They have bigger fish to fry and so do their supporters. Have a look at the records of those clubs overall in the last 20 years ..... It makes it a lot easier to take and even brush off a bad cup result.

Hibs do not have that luxury. A result like this would have been unacceptable at any time in Hibs history ... to have it handed to us on the back of last season is something that we as Hibs supporters should be taking the club to task for. I do not want Pat Fenlon sacked or anything like that ... but he has to be asked by the board and us too, why he thought it was acceptable ( injuries notwithstanding ) to endanger what has been a decent start to the season, not to mention a potentially valuable income source and a chance of on field success, by fielding anything other than his strongest possible team in this fixture.

There is a thing that most businesses dealing with the public recognise, its called 'managing customer expectations' Most Hibs supporters accept that the chances of going to Glasgow at the weekend and getting a result are slim at best. Most Hibs supporters expect this football club to be able to go to Queen of the South ( good luck to them ) and come away still in one of the two competitions we have any chance of winning.

In that context ... which of those two fixtures should the people running Hibs have been looking on as the more important. The one we have little chance of winning, even with our strongest team, or the one that could have been used to take the club forward on and off the park and the one we had the best chance of getting a result in.

How can we hope to continue to improve when we continue to make the same mistakes on and off the park?
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 29-08-2012 at 09:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Bovril - your attitude is spot on.

For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that.

"Oh, lay off them...they've had a good start to the season..."
    "Results like that can happen to anyone..."
    "It's more important to win SPL matches..."
    "We're rebuilding...have some patience..."

Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah....

Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players.

I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.

Results and perfomances like last night....unacceptable. END OF.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Up until last season I would have agreed with you and probably even posted something not unlike this following a result like last night's.

But not any more. I for one am fed up trying to rationalise or find excuses for Hibs failures on the park. If you look again at my post you will see that I didnt expect us to be beating the likes of Dundee Utd or Celtic I am not asking for the Earth.

The clubs you have quoted above have bad cup results mostly because they dont really care about certainly the League Cup and probably until the QF stages the F.A. cup, Spanish Cup or Scottish Cup. They have bigger fish to fry and so do their supporters. Have a look at the records of those clubs overall in the last 20 years ..... It makes it a lot easier to take and even brush off a bad cup result.

Hibs do not have that luxury. A result like this would have been unacceptable at any time in Hibs history ... to have it handed to us on the back of last season is something that we as Hibs supporters should be taking the club to task for. I do not want Pat Fenlon sacked or anything like that ... but he has to be asked by the board and us too, why he thought it was acceptable ( injuries notwithstanding ) to endanger what has been a decent start to the season, not to mention a potentially valuable income source and a chance of on field success, by fielding anything other than his strongest possible team in this fixture.

There is a thing that most businesses dealing with the public recognise, its called 'managing customer expectations' Most Hibs supporters accept that the chances of going to Glasgow at the weekend and getting a result are slim at best. Most Hibs supporters expect this football club to be able to go to Queen of the South ( good luck to them ) and come away still in one of the two competitions we have any chance of winning.

In that context ... which of those two fixtures should the people running Hibs have been looking on as the more important. The one we have little chance of winning, even with our strongest team, or the one that could have been used to take the club forward on and off the park and the one we had the best chance of getting a result in.

How can we hope to continue to improve when we continue to make the same mistakes on and off the park?

Can't argue with much of that if any at all?!

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post

For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that.

Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah....

Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players.

I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.

Agreed 100% with the above.

Bottom line, its NOT ****ing good enough (or respectful or in line with our REAL ethos and what we're all about) to say "but it's Hibs" or failure is "expected". Yes, it happens but it shouldnt be for the want of trying or on the back of stupid decisions.

This one is very simple;
    * Play your strongest players
    * In their strongest position
    * Every time, in every game, unless they are injured or physically unable

FFS, any Sunday pub team coach could tell you this.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    QOTS are full time

what i love about hibs.net is is someone will have a rant and rave about something (and rightly so) and in the next line your brought right back down to earth .........

Well that result will have knocked about 1000 of the gate against Kilmarnock, unless by a miracle we get a result this weekend.

This.

No more bloody excuses.

What is worrying is that Fenlon apparently rested one or two players which then rendered the team unable to beat Queen of the South. Surely alarm bell should be ringing in as much that we should have solid replacements should these people be injured.
    I think if Mcpake gets injured we would end up leaking goals.

If Fenlon is serious about bringing in more signing he needs to ship out the driftwood.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC07 View Post
    What is worrying is that Fenlon apparently rested one or two players which then rendered the team unable to beat Queen of the South. Surely alarm bell should be ringing in as much that we should have solid replacements should these people be injured.

If Fenlon is serious about bringing in more signing he needs to ship out the driftwood.

Agree with all this post.

Its also a concern to me that after only a few weeks into the season we are resting anyone.

*****in ragin'

Quote Originally Posted by Phil the Hibby View Post

Its also a concern to me that after only a few weeks into the season we are resting anyone.

*****in ragin'
    I know, these guys are supposed to be professional that shouldn't need rested 3 games into the season

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post

what i love about hibs.net is is someone will have a rant and rave about something (and rightly so) and in the next line your brought right back down to earth .........
    That one's lost on me mate! Can you help me understand what it is that you are alluding to please?

PS Sorry for being so thick!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    That one's lost on me mate! Can you help me understand what it is that you are alluding to please?

PS Sorry for being so thick!
    The original rant was partly about us losing to a "part-time" team.

That rant was answered by "they are full time".
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The original rant was about us losing to a "part-time" team.

That rant was answered by "they are full time".
    Thanks CWG, however part time or full time is actually irrelevant as they are currently in the Second (old money THIRD) Division whereas Hibs are in the SPL or top Division (old and new money)!

Hibs should not be losing to teams like that in Cup competitions when they are potentially fantastic income generators for the Club if round to round progression can be achieved particularly against current 2nd Division teams!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 29-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil the Hibby View Post

*****in ragin'
    Are you aware of the Captain's back issues???

That starting line up and bench, should have been more than enough to win last night......Unfortunately every single outfield player had a disaster......Its usually OK when one or two have an off day, but not the whole lot

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Are you aware of the Captain's back issues???

That starting line up and bench, should have been more than enough to win last night......Unfortunately every single outfield player had a disaster......Its usually OK when one or two have an off day, but not the whole lot
    Which kind of laughs in the face of the quote, we will not be a soft touch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Which kind of laughs in the face of the quote, we will not be a soft touch anymore.
    I like Cairney and Deegan in midfield, but both seemed to lose their dig last night.....I hope last night was merely a blip for all concerned, however to be beaten so comprehensively by a team two divisions below us, must make alarm bells ring....Suppose we wont know for sure how much the blip affects us until another few league games....Last night was woeful, and nobody can excuse that....

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I like Cairney and Deegan in midfield, but both seemed to lose their dig last night.....I hope last night was merely a blip for all concerned, however to be beaten so comprehensively by a team two divisions below us, must make alarm bells ring....Suppose we wont know for sure how much the blip affects us until another few league games....Last night was woeful, and nobody can excuse that....

I reckon the Celtic representatives that will have no doubt been in the crowd watching us will not be the slightest bit concerned about Deegan and co when we head through on Saturday. Thing is we know they can play as we've seen already this season. Pish against Utd but good against Hearts, dug out a result against St M and ground out a result against St J but last night it was back to pish, there's not even any consistency with form now

If the board do read these forums then read this. Make funds available to the gaffer to strengthen or face many more years of poor attendances and under achieving, tight fisted gits that you are. Us season ticket holders have forked out our hard earned cash its about time you as the board did the same...................
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 29-08-2012 at 02:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Bovril - your attitude is spot on.For too long a lot of Hibs fans - myself included - would look to find excuses for performances and results like that. "Oh, lay off them...they've had a good start to the season...""Results like that can happen to anyone...""It's more important to win SPL matches...""We're rebuilding...have some patience..."Reports on recent focus group meetings with board members all come back with the same thing - the cup final result hurt us just as much as the fans. It won't happen again. Blah, blah, blah.... Well Hibs....IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT. We have become a soft touch off the park. Fan pressure needs to be applied to Hibs so that Hibs apply it to their managers and players. I hope Pat Fenlon has been dragged into an office this morning to explain himself. I hope that he has then gone out on the training pitch and kicked the utter **** out of the players.Results and perfomances like last night....unacceptable. END OF.
    says it all

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Why it was not his fault we got beat, that was a strong enough team to do the job they chose for whatever reason not to try.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC07 View Post

To put this in some kind of perspective (not always welcome I know ) a lot of top clubs in England and Scotland lost out to lower league opposition in the Cups last night. 3 or 4 changes, especially early in the season, can seriously disrupt a team's rhythm.

I am not offering this as an excuse, as we knew we had little depth in the squad already.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Why it was not his fault we got beat, that was a strong enough team to do the job they chose for whatever reason not to try.
    Pat Fenlon is the football manager. He's in charge of the football team getting results. Last night's buck is in his posession.

The fact that results like this happen regularly to Hibs sides....? Well, that buck stops somewhere else...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Well

Dear Board Members.

Just get a bloody grip.
    Good post Bovril, was a time where I bothered this much after the usual upset. Current truth is that I try to stay away from anything that follows yet another shock defeat, poor performance, training ground incident, night club fiasco etc.......because the bad stuff has been going on for so long now and outweighing the better stuff that any little nuggets of gold like the couple of league results recently are usually all I want to comment much on now.

The minute I saw the team I had the same concern as one of the other very good posts elsewhere re why we think we have the depth of squad to do it and also why this tournament / the risk of an embarassment was so unimportant. I was certain we'd be in for a doing from an in form team and so it proved. Sad thing was that I wasn't surprised and even worse I never felt as angry about it as I used to so thanks for reminding me how I used to feel!

Great admiration for the fans that did go - we still carry an away support thats inconsistent with how we perform / the effort we put in at times.

Onward and upward.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby