hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Today was the day that the TV deal got sorted so might have been to do with that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone said that Hibs would be likely to wait until after the end of the financial year (today) before making signings. That could explain the delay in getting the deals completed. Sure there will be a valid reason.

Re Clancy, I saw him against East Fife and much preferred his second half performance at Centre Back. Felt him and McPake would make a great pairing with Maybury and Hanlon at Full backs making a solid defence. Just wish we had a bit more muscle in midfield which is even more critical than forward problems for me.
    The year end stuff is just another stick to try and beat Petrie with.

We've been beaten to other players, would we just have delayed those until the new financial year?

Sometimes we may just have to listen to what the manager is saying about trying hard to get the right players for the long term and ones that actually want to be here and have the right character.

The ones we have got so far seem to fit the bill on that front although we need to see how they do once they start playing, as ever.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Having seen Maybury in the tour games and the bit of the game during the week, I fear it may be you who is the idiot.

He has been excellent, and has played right back, left back and defensive midfield.

A player who can cover all those positions is great when you will only have a small squad.

Who are all the other right backs by the way, particulalry if Wotherspoon is being played in his favoured attacking midfield role?

Maybury also seems to bring professionalism and is by all accounts great around training and the dressing room. That type of thing is invaluable when you see the lack of characters and desire this club has had recently. What is nonsense about having the right attitude? You have seen Hibs in recent times, right? Well known for getting stuck in when times are tough right enough.

Amd using the new Hibs.net myth about lack of contacts - aye, you know who Fenlon has contact with I'm sure.
    I remember Maybury being a little hertz £$%&*%d, that took a great degree of delight in beating hibs, more significantly i remember him playing against us for St J and thinking he was rubbish, and being delighted he was on the losing team. A few pre-season games is not going to change my mind.

Wotherspoon can have as many favoured roles as he wants, the only position i have seen him play well in, is right back.

You comment that i dont know about Fenlons contact...by the same vein how exactly do you know what professionalism he brings to the dressing room?

I dont think there will be many teams out there signing two right backs in the same window, when they have little to no midfield and two strikers, that are not 6 foot with their hands in the air. Any money going into players needs to be in the right places, given as you say the small squad and the equally as small budget - more in midfield or up front will get my vote every time.

PS no need to fear for me on any account.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Someone said that Hibs would be likely to wait until after the end of the financial year (today) before making signings. That could explain the delay in getting the deals completed. Sure there will be a valid reason.
    Why would they wait till the last day of a financial year?

Surely they'd wait till the beginning of the next one?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!