hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone thought about the fixture headache that this is going to cause?

The computer regularly had Dundee Utd and "Club 12" (Dundee) at home in the same day.

Bassas obviously thought that Club 12 would be Rangers.

Also I am sure that Newco are playing at home at the same time as Celtic.

Don't make any arrangements for travel just yet as a fixture change could be on the cards.

J
    When the fixtures were drawn up it would have been Rangers and all the lazy gets done was change Rangers to Club 12, obviously hoping they just change them back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    looking forward to playing Dundee..good away support

dont think club 12 were ever going to be NewCo

Remember DUFC will be Sundays during Uefa weeks - TV (even reduced deal) will move plenty matches...anyone who thinks there will be full houses at Ibrox all season...no chance... novelty will wear off (i remember 15,000 being a normal crown there on a few decades ago...

Looks like there will be no change to the fixture list despite the OF and Dundee clubs both at home same weekend.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23909190/

Chief executive Neil Doncaster said: ""The fixtures will be as they are but there will clearly be an element of flexibility required, both with potentially Rangers and Celtic being at home the same weekend and Dundee and Dundee United being at home on the same weekend.

"We will work with the police and the clubs to work through those implications.

"TV will dislocate some fixtures anyway, there may be some fixtures dislocated because of European competition. All of those issues we'll have to work through with the clubs, police and the Scottish Football League."

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Pars and top 3 from SFL should play off just like the other leagues
    It stinks that these rules are not in place before situations happen however I guess from a financial point of view a Dundee derby will add some added attraction to the fixture list as well some gates receipts that may compensate the loss of 2visits from Rangers.
    Regardless I am a firm believer that this will be the rebirth of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I dont understand Dunfermline making a claim, IIRC they said during last season, that they could not afford to play in the SPL, even closing one of their stands.....Strange....
    They're desparate. Yorkston's a plum.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by monteddie View Post
    It stinks that these rules are not in place before situations happen however I guess from a financial point of view a Dundee derby will add some added attraction to the fixture list as well some gates receipts that may compensate the loss of 2visits from Rangers.
    Regardless I am a firm believer that this will be the rebirth of Scottish football.
    Highland derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, New Firm derby, Tayside derby.....and Celtic games......plenty for TV to get excited about in Scottish football and preserve the deals. I'm quite sure even Rangers fans will tune in too. Wee chance for second place too, increased competition amongst the 'rest'........I'd say Doncaster is pretty poor at his job if he can't sell our product on that basis.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Highland derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, New Firm derby, Tayside derby.....and Celtic games......plenty for TV to get excited about in Scottish football and preserve the deals. I'm quite sure even Rangers fans will tune in too. Wee chance for second place too, increased competition amongst the 'rest'........I'd say Doncaster is pretty poor at his job if he can't sell our product on that basis.
    You're starting to get me excited, well put