hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    im 99% positive i read on the bbc that if the huns get punted, then the spl will be an 11 team league. however, if we were to have a 12 team, then a play off for dundee v dunfermaline.

on a slightly related (rangers admin/league punting/etc) note, can the admins creat a folder or whatever (like someone in the know . . .) for all the rangers chat? it was pointed out that there is hunners of threads about rangers. I know that this is headline news but would be nice to see more hibs related threads. id even take the ******g doom and gloomers right now!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Dunfermline - a properly run club - stay up, instead of promoting another team that cheated financially for their own gain.
    You obviously haven't noticed their suspiciously vast overdraft. See David Murrays good friend and ex HBoS boss Masterton for that one.

Dunfermline are down and should stay there. Dundee can come up.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Continuity is important

Continuity is important, and I'd like to see the spirit of the last few months maintained going in to the new season. We've all enjoyed the farce. Therefore I suggest the Huns' place be taken by The Eagle "Eddie" Edwards in full competitive gear, with The Eel "Eric" Moussambani on the bench.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Hibs ladies.

Almost certain it would be Dundee.

Spartans

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Willem II
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Dundee. Sporting integrity dictates it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    We should just clone Ali Dia and have a squad of him playing in the SPL, Dia United. Sorted.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Whadya mean, who should replace rankgers, for me there is no alternative but to replace like with like. That means, and in keeping with the current trend for television shows which allow us to determine the next number one band; it has to be a TV show run by Simon Cowell titled along the lines of "who arra people". Everybody gets to vote provided they pay the call charge - the receipts go to the clubless ex bluenoses home" - and the most bigotted, obnoxious, odious, racist, deluded, paranoid, selfish and ugliest football team which is not a member of a football league gets the gig!

And the proceeds of all the phone votes go towards paying off the creditors of the original bigotted team and a huge piss up for the rest of us with what's left over!

Should be Dundee but Dunfermline may challenge it just to add to the fun and games.
    I'm pretty sure there are no rules in place to cover such an eventuality, just like newco issue. Back of a fag packet regulation making Scottish football a laughing stock...

Left by mutual consent!
    The Pars would be he obvious choice for me due to location but Dundee will get the nod. The pars have trimmed there squad more than us and are building a team for the 1st division. A mixture of youth and a few gambles from the lower leagues.
    GGTTH

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Should be Dundee but Dunfermline may challenge it just to add to the fun and games.
    I'm pretty sure there are no rules in place to cover such an eventuality, just like newco issue. Back of a fag packet regulation making Scottish football a laughing stock...
    It's been pointed out a few times now, there are rules and it is Dundee who would get the space.

Raith Rovers director not happy -

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...angers-in-spl/

Can someone answer this also - how can The Rangers Football Club apply to get into the SFL and other clubs who aren't in the SFL not apply at the same time also ?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Thought this was done and dusted and Dundee were on the way up However, Yorkston has just been on Sky and it appears it's far from decided claiming 'club 12' should be Dunfermline and hinting at a legal objection if the decision does not go their way!!
    Any body know the Hampden on this?? Sounds like its going to be a typical Scottish Fitba farce that's going to drag into the new season

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    It has to be Dunfermline go down and stay down... Why do Hibs come bottom and go down,.. yet other teams seem to get off the hook.

the only way i'd accept dunfermline staying in the league is if the league was increased in size beyond 12... then i'd be happy :-)

with rangers in division 3 of course lol

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    The SPL need to make a quick decision and announce 'club12' as soon as this farce of a vote on July 4th is over, or sooner if NewcoRangers do the right thing and withdraw their application to the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Dundee, Dunfermline finished bottom and deserve to be relegated. Dundee were runners up in the SFL1 and therefore are the logical choice to fill any vacancy.
    Dunfermline deserved relegation, Dundee did not earn promotion,they ended up miles from the winner, no competition,
    Playoffs or the league should be pushed now to 14 teams, no more arguments about who should be promoted relegated, Dunfy stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    When the Huns get potted who will take their place in the SPL? Will Dundee as the 1st runners up get promoted or will Dunfy retain their SPL status? Maybe a preseason playoff would be a fair decision? who would .netters prefer?
    Anybody ....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    All this goes to prove is Rangers dont give a toss about any other club. They know the rules, they know whats needed to do, but they fight every decision to prolong what we all know should happen.

They are the ones damaging the WHOLE of scottish football, and after years of cheating us all, they still dont give a toss, and dont care how long they carry on doing so.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    If the league was being restructured or a club folded and was unable to complete thier fixtures mid-season there would be no relegation so Dunfermline should get to retain their position in the SPL with 1st division champions promoted, Dundee haven't qualified for entry to the spl

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Dunfermline, as insolvent Rangers should have finished bottom of he league last season

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bf4xu

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    I think Dunfermline are trying to prove that Rangers were using delaying tactics to prevent Liquidation during the season in order to gain entry into the SPL via a newco, that it didn't work is not the issue.
    Had they been liquidated during the season there would have been No relegation.
    There are instances where the bottom team has not been relegated with Falkirk being the example chosen to make their case.
    Falkirk were refused entry into the SPL because their ground did not comply, the bottom team in the SPL retained their status.
    It wasn't that the bottom team in the SPL were relegated and the second team in the 1st division were promoted.
    Not saying it's right, just saying the basics of the argument.
    In which case his argument is flawed.
    It's not that the top team in SFL1 that has a problem with promotion, its a vacancy in the top tier that has arisen.
    Therefore Dunfermline can be replaced with Raith, and the next eligible team for promotion is Dundee in 2nd place.

If Raith has a problem fulfilling the criteria for the SPL the Dunfermline would have been kept up. Simples.

Cant blame him for grasping at straws but the rules is the rules.

I would prefer Dundee however in all fairness i think it should probably be Dunfermline - as already pointed out, Rangers would have finished bottom of the league without all this faffing about and delaying the inevitable for the past few months.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Think any club in that position would do the same to be honest. They say while there is a precedent for no relegation, there isn't for a second place team to be promoted.
    It'll also tie in with the police investigation so there may be mileage in it yet.
    I sometimes wonder if we'll have a season 2012 - 2013.
    It could drag on for months - so it may yet end up with an 11 team league. When the dust settles, the team that should have been in the SPL will no doubt then sue for loss of earnings.

And to think pre-season starts on Monday

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I would prefer Dunfermline for selfish reasons, i like my day out in Dunfermline.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post

Can someone answer this also - how can The Rangers Football Club apply to get into the SFL and other clubs who aren't in the SFL not apply at the same time also ?
    I cannot see why any team affiliated with the Scottish leagues not be allowed to apply to fill any space i.e Spartans.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar

Dundee or dunfermline. I dont get it?

Im alittle bit behind with the 'who gets the SPL position'. but i dont understand why its even an issue.

I have nothing against Dundee but how can a team who finished second in the first division get the oppertunity to play in the SPL?

If rangers have been removed from the league then surly there is no relegation?

I heard someone say " ah but dundee are in acendacy" so what? we finished second last and we are in the decendancy doesnt been we have to be relegated.

am i missing somthing here?

@hibs.net private member
    I still think that if you finish last, then you should be relegated. Therefore, I think it should be Dundee that get into the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    Im alittle bit behind with the 'who gets the SPL position'. but i dont understand why its even an issue.

I have nothing against Dundee but how can a team who finished second in the first division get the oppertunity to play in the SPL?

If rangers have been removed from the league then surly there is no relegation?

I heard someone say " ah but dundee are in acendacy" so what? we finished second last and we are in the decendancy doesnt been we have to be relegated.

am i missing somthing here?
    You could see it both ways. Dunfermline finished bottom so why should they not drop? I'm not bothered myself who comes into the SPL. Just glad Newco aren't in it.