hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skacel

Blog Entries
    Silver, a personal plea, be bigger than these clowns. Derek was superb 1st time round, less good 2nd time round but still produced some moments of sheer quality, 1st goal back at Hamilton, his lob at Darkheid & of course that penalty! If I've got it correct also Derek has never been convicted of anything other than a speeding offence but of course we musn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    Maybe, now that someone with no axe to grind has written this, we can thank Derek for his 104 goals & move on - anyone know what Skacel's doing/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silver, a personal plea, be bigger than these clowns. Derek was superb 1st time round, less good 2nd time round but still produced some moments of sheer quality, 1st goal back at Hamilton, his lob at Darkheid & of course that penalty! If I've got it correct also Derek has never been convicted of anything other than a speeding offence but of course we musn't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    Maybe, now that someone with no axe to grind has written this, we can thank Derek for his 104 goals & move on - anyone know what Skacel's doing/
    Great post and good advice to Silver. Hobo is trolling and trying to wind up. Poor reading like

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    Great post and good advice to Silver. Hobo is trolling and trying to wind up. Poor reading like
    Advice taken.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Advice taken.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I often think there's just a hint of jealousy when folk are having a pop at Riordan. He lived the dream, scored 100 and odd goals, with many many assists. Yet he's a waster, please please please Mr Fenlon, can you find us a few more wasters as good as he was.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    According to Kickback gossip, Skacel is to sign a six month contract with them.
    I sincerely hope they're wrong - the guy's scoring record is unbelievable, and he has won them so many points in his two spells there.

Thought we'd finally seen the back of him.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I often think there's just a hint of jealousy when folk are having a pop at Riordan. He lived the dream, scored 100 and odd goals, with many many assists. Yet he's a waster, please please please Mr Fenlon, can you find us a few more wasters as good as he was.
    It isn't living the dream when you're capable of so much more.

Riordan was capable of so much more in his career and blew it up the wall. He could have made it big time.

I don't see what all the squabbling on here is about anyway. Nobody is denying that Riordan was a great servant of the club. But theres also no denying that he could be a right twat off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Riordan was capable of so much more in his career and blew it up the wall. He could have made it big time.

I don't see what all the squabbling on here is about anyway. Nobody is denying that Riordan was a great servant of the club. But theres also no denying that he could be a right twat off the pitch.

Dunno about him being a twat or not. He is all over this page because he sang a stupid song about Skacel, got caught and apologised. Obviously that is why skacel has such a great record against us, it,s all Dereks fault. Nowt to do with us being pish like.

In your opinion he could have done a lot more, personally i think he did fantastic with what he had.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I sincerely hope they're wrong - the guy's scoring record is unbelievable, and he has won them so many points in his two spells there.

Thought we'd finally seen the back of him.
    Part of me wants him to leave because as you say he has a great scoring record, hearts could of been struggling without his goals last season.

On the other hand, the man is an utter c***! Would love some degree of revenge for the final before he buggers off

Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    Dunno about him being a twat or not. He is all over this page because he sang a stupid song about Skacel, got caught and apologised. Obviously that is why skacel has such a great record against us, it,s all Dereks fault. Nowt to do with us being pish like.

I agree with this.

Young guy signs dubious song, whilst pished, about his rivals top player. Whoopy Woo.

How many more defeats would we have had without his goals?

Left by mutual consent!
    Advice taken.
    I'm always on the wind up, Silver was a tad a touchy though to what was a throw away comment which was meant to be slightly sarcastic.

FWIW
    Derek Riordan was one of the best strikers I've ever seen at ER.

We don't know what his dreams were though, maybe as a young lad all he dreamed about was playing for Hibs, his dream has come true if that was maybe the case.

At least his dream came true.

I played football when i was young, i dreamed about playing for Hibs, never happened, sure you were the same and it never happened too.

He made it as a footballer, thousands wished they had made it too but it didn't work out for them, for one reason or another, he must have worked hard enough and showed some promise for a manager to give him a contract to make it,

We don't know what his dreams were though, maybe as a young lad all he dreamed about was playing for Hibs, his dream has come true if that was maybe the case.

At least his dream came true.

I played football when i was young, i dreamed about playing for Hibs, never happened, sure you were the same and it never happened too.

He made it as a footballer, thousands wished they had made it too but it didn't work out for them, for one reason or another, he must have worked hard enough and showed some promise for a manager to give him a contract to make it,
    I have never subscribed to this theory he wasted his talent. IMO he made the most of his ability. He couldn't tackle a fish supper, was and is weak compared to the average player. Yet in spite of this, he managed to find space, find his own players, pass and score and generally look the dogs bollox for a decent amount of time in the SPL.

If he'd moved to England, i personally feel he'd have struggled, just my opinion but its what i think.

He contributed to some of my best memories in recent times with Hibs, i'd imagine thats the case for a lot of us. Yet some keep saying he's a waster, i disagree. He made the most of what he had in my opinion, and that was a lot more than most we have seen in a Hibs shirt ever.

Left by mutual consent!

He was capable of so much more, that's why he got a move to Celtic.

A move that could and should have propelled him to bigger and better things maybe?

Going clubbing with the likes of Silver probably didn't help ; )

Joke Silver ; )

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    So were the red tops not fined along with a media company for contempt of court for there reporting on Riordan.?

The Sun newspaper, The Daily Record and STV Media are the papers and media i am talking about.

Your right he shouldn't have Doddie, but he did, but for someone to blame that incident on Riordan for them getting the better of us since then is just is just as much a plook. Yes/no

Found this story Doddie,http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...d-on-beak.html, what a load of pish made up by an aresehole of a reporter, so a young lad goes to the police and say's he was smacked in the mouth by DR allegedly, take my word for it or not, but i am sure if this was the case Deek would have had a visit from L&BS finest regarding the matter surely, well he didn't, i find that surprising don't you, the word "allegedly" gets mentioned a lot in that story, witnesses who didn't wish to be mentioned, apart from the young lad no one else in the club see's DR allegedly hitting the lad, the lad reports it to the police, allegedly, but doesn't want to comment on it.

Pish reporting from a pish reporter, more than likely he picked the story up from keekback as well, Deek is in a nightclub for a few hours and the bouncers haven't noticed yet, a lad may or may not have got a smack in the face, but it didn't come from Deek, the CCTV surely would have looked at it by the police, did they miss it or maybe it just never happened at all, so Deek in a nightclub, a lad gets a smack, reporter puts 2+2 together and comes up with 7. And he gets to print his made up story and the unite scheme get there publicity too.

Ok, SH. I apologise. And withdraw what I posted. That story was clearly false.

Everybody knows he'll be back at Hearts.

The 2 of them are a match made in heaven.

Bawbag player, bawbag club.
    ...a bawbag that slammed 2 past us the that final ...I'd take him in a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillyboy View Post

merrick

Promising Youngster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NotoriousLor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillyboy View Post
    Away back over the road and you can tug off to the fact you're getting this bawbag back then

Jeezo, handbags oot again ..this thread seems to have gone way off topic ..