hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should know by now not to believe a word this rag says but surely this cannot be true? With the assets that Hibs own that they could sell or take a mortgage out on to release cash I refuse to believe this can be true. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by chriswood1401 View Post
    Just read the report, mentions us as one of four clubs in 'financial peril' along with 'Well, Hearts and Dundee Utd. I take it as nowt more than the usual scaremongering from these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've got the paper and can't see the story?
    Can anyone confirm this 'story' as definitely being in this rag?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Sun can **** off.

I 100% hope that not one club, including Hearts, goes into administration whilst the huns are off on their 'adventure'. That would show up this scaremongering for what it is.
    I'd be willing for their scaremongering to be lent a small degree of credence by Hearts' financial implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I'd be willing for their scaremongering to be lent a small degree of credence by Hearts' financial implosion.
    It would be a dull yin to take, but a maroon free Edinburgh would be worth it, and would make my phlanx of Hun mates' inevitable crowing about "We told yeez so" more than tolerable.

I'm sure the story is a load of p1sh.

As far as Hibs assets go ..... I'm sure that ER a two minute bus ride from the hub of Scottish decision making and power is worth a lot more than say Ibrox.... a two minute bus ride from ..... well no very much really.

But ...... based on the theory that even a broken clock is right twice a day there is still an answer to the problem.

Pay to watch some games folks.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Pish.

They're getting desperate...
    Exactly.

This story is pish but you do realise its the end of the world!

Although its hyperbole, I don't think the actual wording is too inaccurate.

It says Killie are on the brink of administration which is no shock. It then says Well, Hearts, Hibs and Utd are in a perilous financial state. Although each team have very different circumstances, that's not an unfair comment IMO.

Although we're undoubtedly solvent from a Balance Sheet perspective, we'll definitely have had challenges meeting our interest commitments in recent years, we're expected to report a 3rd consecutive loss (correct me if wrong)? I think that can reasonably be described as perilous.

The story does mention "distributions" amongst SPL clubs dropping to £1.2m overnight. Not sure what they base that on given the lack of anything concrete from Sky or other sponsors to indicate deals will be reneged/renegotiated. That part seems clear scare mongering.

I don't think the Sun is anywhere close to the Hun Agenda that the Record spews forth to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Its at the end of an article on page 70 written by David Friel under the title "Its Panic Stations at Caley"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Yes, our financial statements report our assets as being far greater than our liabilities.

As did Rangers D.

And Hearts made a profit in the last two years. :
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 14-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-at-Caley.html

"Meanwhile, Kilmarnock could be just WEEKS away from plunging into administration.
    SunSport understands a further FOUR SPL clubs are teetering on the brink as a direct result of yesterday’s Hampden vote.
    The decision to banish newco Rangers to the Third Division has pushed half of Scotland’d top flight clubs to the brink of financial meltdown.
    Distributions that once stood at £15.7m have been slashed overnight to £1.2m.
    And Killie — who abstained from the initial SPL vote to reject Charles Green’s Gers — could be the first to fall into the abyss.
    Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United are also in a perilous financial state with clubs now struggling to meet their already slashed wage bills."

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Derbies this season...
    Arabs v dees v saints
    Dons v caley v staggies
    Hibs v jambos
    all looks fine on the eastern front.
    more competition more chance of europe less need to go to the weidge.
    (assuming the dee get promoted)

Don't see owt online. BUT as I have said before our cash position is poor. Post spending the last of it on the East and heavy trading losses. We will need to re-finance our debts. STF parachuted cash in last year, and may have had to do so again this year but he will not do this long term. The build for the assets should have been financed over the longer term than they were via current arrangements/cash IMHO.

Whilst I don't believe for a minute that Hibs are in any way close to being in trouble it's cashflow not a negative balance sheet that plunges companies into administration.

If you can't pay your tax / suppliers / wages then administration follows! Having loads of assets does not help if they are not generating hard cash.

Sometimes having Rod around pays dividends

I think they're probably quite close to being right, but only by a fluke. Unless they're using ST money to pay wages the close season means clubs outgoings always exceeds income. Once season starts and gate money comes in the position, for most clubs, is reversed. They really are scaremongering on behalf of Sevco.

Certainly not pish. Closer to correct than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Would you care to elaborate?

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Only if SirTom is not backing us anymore
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Utter nonsense.
    Last edited by Hibercelona; 14-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Butthurting hun fantasy.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

A company is insolvent when its liabilities exceed its assets, or it is unable to meet its debts as they fall due.

Which is it?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Although its hyperbole, I don't think the actual wording is too inaccurate.

It says Killie are on the brink of administration which is no shock. It then says Well, Hearts, Hibs and Utd are in a perilous financial state. Although each team have very different circumstances, that's not an unfair comment IMO.

Although we're undoubtedly solvent from a Balance Sheet perspective, we'll definitely have had challenges meeting our interest commitments in recent years, we're expected to report a 3rd consecutive loss (correct me if wrong)? I think that can reasonably be described as perilous.

The story does mention "distributions" amongst SPL clubs dropping to £1.2m overnight. Not sure what they base that on given the lack of anything concrete from Sky or other sponsors to indicate deals will be reneged/renegotiated. That part seems clear scare mongering.

I don't think the Sun is anywhere close to the Hun Agenda that the Record spews forth to be honest.
    Is it because they have the same owner.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Dear Sevco,

Sook ees.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw Baggio View Post
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-at-Caley.html

"Meanwhile, Kilmarnock could be just WEEKS away from plunging into administration.
    SunSport understands a further FOUR SPL clubs are teetering on the brink as a direct result of yesterday’s Hampden vote.
    The decision to banish newco Rangers to the Third Division has pushed half of Scotland’d top flight clubs to the brink of financial meltdown.
    Distributions that once stood at £15.7m have been slashed overnight to £1.2m.
    And Killie — who abstained from the initial SPL vote to reject Charles Green’s Gers — could be the first to fall into the abyss.
    Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United are also in a perilous financial state with clubs now struggling to meet their already slashed wage bills."
    so they have mentioned killie and managed to get 8 other teams in the same article Haha ok we get it only Celtic are ok and not going under, scandalous reporting

I hardly think a club close to admin would be booking pre season tours abroad.

I'm sure they must have made a decent amount of the Scottish cup final to tide them over till season starts?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Change of thread title methinks.

The article does not mention Hibs in connection with administration, only that we are one of a number of clubs in various states of financial doo. No surprise there. Petrie will tell you this at the next AGM, just as he did at the last one.

"Claim"... claim is a strong word.

Someone might claim the Scootish Sun
    is a wholly biased SKY-serving trash paper,
    peddling slander and scare-mongering,
    while it's owner is not attending hearings
    playing the borderline-senility card,
    and denying private investigators
    were on the payroll, hacking a dead girl's phone

... "Claim" you say.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How many clubs have gone bust after being relegated? Bearing in mind they dont have any games against sevco or celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    Would you care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Only if SirTom is not backing us anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Utter nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    A company is insolvent when its liabilities exceed its assets, or it is unable to meet its debts as they fall due.

Which is it?
    C'mon then, let's be having it.

Some of you may remember I started a thread a few months ago bout Hibs being close to administration. The person who had told me this said these words came directly from Fife Hyland (the person who told me this has no association with Hibs so I stood up and took notice when he mentioned Fife Hylands name).

I never expected to be shot down in flames for only reporting on here what Fife had said but no matter what, these rumours are coming from somewhere (whether they are true or not).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How many clubs have gone bust after being relegated? Bearing in mind they dont have any games against sevco or celtic?

List of clubs outwith the top flight who have gone into administration are Morton (2000), Livingston (2009) and Dundee (2010). Livi left the top flight in 2006 and Dundee in 2005 so its unlikely lack of games against Sevco caused their (2nd) financial demise. Morton last played in the top division in 1988.

Clubs who were liquidated outside the top flight are Airdrieonians (2002), ironically at the behest of David Murray, who gave a big lecture about "paying your way" Oh, the irony!. Clydebank (2002) were liquidated the same year and were, controversially, taken over by what was left of Airdrieonians and reformed as Airdrie United.

Top flight clubs who have experienced financial issues and sought refuge within the administration process are, despite playing Sevco, are Motherwell (2004), Dundee (2004), Livingston(2005), Gretna (who were liquidated and reformed as Gretna 2008 in, would you believe, 2008) and Rangers, who are about to be liquidated but have already reformed as Sevco.

You would have to surmise that, statistically, you are safer in the lower divisions, despite not playing the "big" teams.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 14-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I dont believe this so do you any evidence to back this up?