hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in case you missed my earler post

I gave up working on this a good few weeks ago as you can only flog a dead horse so much but for clarity and openness, I put a proposal forward that was a much improved version of what was in place before and most of the failings of old system would have been removed
    It would be self-financing (no cost to club at all) and would have made money this included the offer to purchase a decent HD camera for the club, the club replied with a list of questions and potential issues which I believe I solved and answered.

Yes committed viewing numbers were not high but would still have covered costs for the season but I suspect this number would have improved once season got underway.

Since then I have heard nothing from club so no idea about the 10k,
    It may not be a top priority for club at moment but the club knows it can be done and know that I happily help out in getting back up and running the rest is up to club

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks Brian, it seems to me somethings not quite right here? I used this service when i lived abroad, and loved it. Only once did i not receive the signal for a game.

This new camera and equipment cant cost that much, and am i right that you lads who live abroad have offered to purchase a camera free of charge for this use?
    Bit of a long-winded reply G. however -

The main concern is that the goalposts keep changing as there was no mention of new software before the latest e-mail

Earlier we were informed that the club need a new HD camera to be compatible with Perform's operations however no mention of software.

Contact was made with those on the mailing list (so far only about half the membership - due to difficulties getting contact details from infrequent visitors to the messageboards during the close season) asking what members thought would be a reasonable cost for season tickets and what they thought would be a reasonable contribution from members for a new camera.

The figures given to the club were what was thought of as the average reasonable cost for season tickets and the total of the figure for reasonable contributions towards a camera. Whilst the figure for contributions to the camera were well below the cost estimate we had, it did not mean that we were not able to raise the funds to purchase one.

Having spoken to a few overseas supporters in the Persevere before the cup final, and subsequently by e-mail, there are a few of us who would be prepared to club together and purchase a camera if it meant that we could watch all the home games live. Again to be fair the club were not made aware of this as we were awaiting a response to our e-mails answering our questions of how we could help restore the old service.

Now we told they also need 10k worth of additional software/equipment over and above the cost of the HD camera

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    Bit of a long-winded reply G. however -

The main concern is that the goalposts keep changing as there was no mention of new software before the latest e-mail

Earlier we were informed that the club need a new HD camera to be compatible with Perform's operations however no mention of software.

Contact was made with those on the mailing list (so far only about half the membership - due to difficulties getting contact details from infrequent visitors to the messageboards during the close season) asking what members thought would be a reasonable cost for season tickets and what they thought would be a reasonable contribution from members for a new camera.

The figures given to the club were what was thought of as the average reasonable cost for season tickets and the total of the figure for reasonable contributions towards a camera. Whilst the figure for contributions to the camera were well below the cost estimate we had, it did not mean that we were not able to raise the funds to purchase one.

Having spoken to a few overseas supporters in the Persevere before the cup final, and subsequently by e-mail, there are a few of us who would be prepared to club together and purchase a camera if it meant that we could watch all the home games live. Again to be fair the club were not made aware of this as we were awaiting a response to our e-mails answering our questions of how we could help restore the old service.

Now we told they also need 10k worth of additional software/equipment over and above the cost of the HD camera
    Thanks again Brian, yes the posts do seem to keep being moved? I have no idea if what Dalkeith says is true, they can continue broadcasting with the old equipment at no cost to the club?

And if it really does cost 10k to run this with perform, lets save up for it even raise funds, but continue with the old way until its able to buy the new equipment?

Thanks again Brian, yes the posts do seem to keep being moved? I have no idea if what Dalkeith says is true, they can continue broadcasting with the old equipment at no cost to the club?
    I don't doubt what Dalkeith is saying as he knows his stuff

And if it really does cost 10k to run this with perform, lets save up for it even raise funds, but continue with the old way until its able to buy the new equipment?
    Perform only stream the footage of games covered by television, however the club have stated that the 2 systems ran in parallel before

I think most of us have given up the ghost on watching the home matches this season, however hopefully we will have the website running soon and will be able to get contact details for all 128 existing members and attract new members from overseas Hibbies who don't regularly use the messageboards and we can plan for watching next season's defence of the SPL flag

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Folks, please feel free to register an account over on Hibs World.

All registrations require moderation so that we have some semblance of membership control. This means that when you register I will get an e-mail telling me and then I will need to authorise your registration. It's just me so far, no other mods yet.

When you fill out the registration form, please use the "Referral" field to tell me who you are as opposed to who referred you. That way I can correlate the new registrations with the mailing list we currently have.

The site is bare bones, out of the box configuration. We can work on that as time goes by. Forward this message to everyone (Overseas for now but we can invite others later - see note about boards in the next paragraph) that you know. I will post this on the Overseas board as well as to the mailing list. Hopefully this is the start.

I'll create an account for Andrew / Hibs so that they can participate in discussions. As things stand right now there are three forums / board setup. The plan is to have one for fans exclusively. Another for fans + Hibs. And another for everyone e.g., Hibs fans who might be traveling and want to contact people overseas about getting bevvied and what not.

This is just the beginning. Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Right now the board is blue but hopefully it will be green before too long. :)

Gamer IDs

I was wrong. I don't get an e-mail at all and I don't know how to access the Referral field. Fail. LOL. I don't think it matters as I can pretty much tell who people are by their e-mail address / username. If I have any issues identifying someone I'll just contact them directly before activating their account.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post

All registrations require moderation so that we have some semblance of membership control. This means that when you register I will get an e-mail telling me and then I will need to authorise your registration. It's just me so far, no other mods yet.

When you fill out the registration form, please use the "Referral" field to tell me who you are as opposed to who referred you. That way I can correlate the new registrations with the mailing list we currently have.

The site is bare bones, out of the box configuration. We can work on that as time goes by. Forward this message to everyone (Overseas for now but we can invite others later - see note about boards in the next paragraph) that you know. I will post this on the Overseas board as well as to the mailing list. Hopefully this is the start.

I'll create an account for Andrew / Hibs so that they can participate in discussions. As things stand right now there are three forums / board setup. The plan is to have one for fans exclusively. Another for fans + Hibs. And another for everyone e.g., Hibs fans who might be traveling and want to contact people overseas about getting bevvied and what not.

I signed up for that site. I couldn't write my own name in the Referral box, but I'm a hibee from Edinburgh living in NYC. (Came home for the final )

Let me know if there's anything else you need, as I'd be interested in subscribing for a season ticket but only for all home games, not this rubbish new service.

Cheers.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have registered but it wasn't easy to do on my phone. Can we have a mobile version of the site? Thanks.

Gamer IDs

A mobile version? I hadn't thought about that. I don't know if mybb supports that. I'll take a look.

Gamer IDs

I can install the tapatalk plugin to make the site mobile friendly. You need to pay for the tapatalk app though. Better than nothing but if you're like me then you have it installed already.

First Team Breakthrough
    I can install the tapatalk plugin to make the site mobile friendly. You need to pay for the tapatalk app though. Better than nothing but if you're like me then you have it installed already.
    A quick search of the myBB forum and someone asked the same question.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122...g-in#pid884729

Looks like there is a free plug-in available. http://www.mybbgm.com/download.php

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 88 View Post
    A quick search of the myBB forum and someone asked the same question.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122...g-in#pid884729

Looks like there is a free plug-in available. http://www.mybbgm.com/download.php
    Yip, that's what I installed. The actual tapatalk app isn't free though.

First Team Breakthrough beastie's Avatar

Hi Max,

Will get signed up for this in the next day or two.

Once again, many thanks for your and Brian's ongoing efforts. Much appreciated by the millions I'm sure

It's just been so frustrating following this whole episode, and when you hear this latest offering of 10K you have to wonder if there was ever any chance

I struggle to comprehend why it should be so difficult when you've got guys like Dalkeith, to name one, willing to offer there time and effort to keep costs down and ultimately give us overseas fans our fortnightly dose. Hats off to them though, selfless folks

It does just seem they don't want the hassle of having something else to maintain. It's a real shame as this could be run by the fans for the fans and done properly could become an income stream for the club. I think with the recent decisions by the chairmen of Scottish Football Clubs there would probably be an increase in subscribers like there will be through the turnstiles at ER. Exciting times ahead methinks.

But all we can do for now is keep writing, keep talking, keep asking, and hopefully we see some changes in the near future. I'm not going anywhere

GGTTH.
    Stew.

Gamer IDs

I finally read Andrew's mail and responded.

It is my intention to move all further discussion to Hibs World. That means asking our friendly Hibs.net Admins to remove the Overseas Forum. It was always intended to be temporary. Hibs World is in no way a competitive threat (we're not trying to drive traffic away from ANY fan's site).

I have invited Andrew to Hibs World so, hopefully, we will get some 1-1 dialogue going. We're moving in the right direction. Play nice!