hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

International Supporters - Hibs TV

Announcement about Hibs TV this season

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV...,10290,00.html

"A list of the selected matches for the 12/13 season will appear here in due course once we receive confirmation from the SPL broadcast partners."

In previous seasons, prior to the introduction of "the new improved service" I'd have been about to part with the best part of 200 pounds for a season ticket for HI so I could watch the pre-season friendlies, all home league games, some cup games and occasionally some European games live. Last season the only games included were also available on my satellite TV; I did occasionally pay to watch some matches when I was not at home however I would have been prepared to purchase a season ticket had the other home games been included with the HI package.

"We are in constant dialogue with H.I.B.S. about how we can find the right long-term solution to meet the requirements of our overseas supporters in terms of increasing the regularity of matches shown and marrying it up with the Hibernian commentary."

I'm on the H.I.B.S. mailing list and from the mail I receive and postings on the Overseas Supporters Board on .net, the constant dialogue seems to be mainly one-way traffic

Any updates would be appreciated.

@hibs.net private member norwayhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Announcement about Hibs TV this season

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV...,10290,00.html

"A list of the selected matches for the 12/13 season will appear here in due course once we receive confirmation from the SPL broadcast partners."

In previous seasons, prior to the introduction of "the new improved service" I'd have been about to part with the best part of 200 pounds for a season ticket for HI so I could watch the pre-season friendlies, all home league games, some cup games and occasionally some European games live. Last season the only games included were also available on my satellite TV; I did occasionally pay to watch some matches when I was not at home however I would have been prepared to purchase a season ticket had the other home games been included with the HI package.

"We are in constant dialogue with H.I.B.S. about how we can find the right long-term solution to meet the requirements of our overseas supporters in terms of increasing the regularity of matches shown and marrying it up with the Hibernian commentary."

I'm on the H.I.B.S. mailing list and from the mail I receive and postings on the Overseas Supporters Board on .net, the constant dialogue seems to be mainly one-way traffic

Any updates would be appreciated.
    Brian, I have not heard a thing from the media manager, I have given up mailing him because he never replied, this is the case with others on the overseas board.

Its probably the same "constant dialogue" he had when they gave us the "new and improved" Hibernian TV. Like yourself, I was ready to part with £200 if they showed the home games live, I was even prepared to contribute towards the purchase Of a new HD camera to show the games. It would be interesting to see how many overseas subscribers Hibernian tv has now, I cancelled not so long ago ,it was all the live home games that was the attraction for me. It is a real shame, I think we( overseas fans) were around 20-25 members willing to pay for an interactive season ticket.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    for the new "improved" Hibs TV service. I'm not going to pay to watch games which are either available free on the net or are shown on Setanta which I can watch on the big TV.

It's a shame but there seems to be an agenda to kill this service off once and for all.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Been with the service for a few years now, but they have stopped sending me any emails or "communicating" with me in any form - unless in response to a complaint on my part about something on one of the few match days now available in "the new and improved service" - no idea why I'm off the mailing list - or maybe they don't issue mails anymore?

More than a few posts on this board from the "few" Hibs overseas fans seem to suggest little to no communication between the overseas fans and Hibs TV - so what is this constant dialogue?

As to finding the "right long-term solution": all home games live, the way it used to be, with Hibs fans commentating: what is difficult about that? We'll buy the camera, put the commentary team in place, pay more for a season ticket - what else do they need? What part do they not understand

Close to stopping my subscription ....

I'm just off to cancel my Hibs TV subscription. I want to watch every Easter Road game and I am happy to pay for that but clearly Hibs are not interested in me.

I will re-iterate. My name, together with one of my sons is recorded below the famous five as we paid to keep hibs going when times were hard. I am a shareholder. I first watched Hibs 69 years ago. While the performance of the team in recent years has hurt I understand the cyclical nature of things but the current board are putting out plain rubbish with regard to Hibs TV.

Good luck and good night.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    completely gutted. All set to move over to the States in 2 months time and i've been desperate for a solution to be found that reflects a a service showing every home game. I stated in emails i'd happily contribute to the cost of the equipment and also happily folk out the full whack for an Online Season Ticket.

Very poor show Hibs, very poor. Gutted!

Quote Originally Posted by norwayhibs View Post
    Brian, I have not heard a thing from the media manager, I have given up mailing him because he never replied, this is the case with others on the overseas board. Its probably the same "constant dialogue" he had when they gave us the "new and improved" Hibernian TV. Like yourself, I was ready to part with £200 if they showed the home games live, I was even prepared to contribute towards the purchase Of a new HD camera to show the games.
    It would be interesting to see how many overseas subscribers Hibernian tv has now, I cancelled not so long ago ,it was all the live home games that was the attraction for me. It is a real shame, I think we( overseas fans) were around 20-25 members willing to pay for an interactive season ticket.
    The 20-25 you mention were those who answered an e-mail from Max to the overseas mailing list of about 60 of the 120 registered members - so by no means the total of fans who would be interested in live matches HI stated that they had about 40 subscribers last year but as far as I'm aware they haven't provided contact details of those subscribers to H.I.B.S. to cross check against those who responded. Hopefully when the H.I.B.S. webite is fully operational we will have more accurate numbers of those interested in live games

Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    for the new "improved" Hibs TV service. I'm not going to pay to watch games which are either available free on the net or are shown on Setanta which I can watch on the big TV. It's a shame but there seems to be an agenda to kill this service off once and for all.
    I also can't see how they expect anyone to pay for a season ticket when the only matches they are covering are available free on the net so I suspect this is the first step to ending the service by saying there is no demand.

Going from a service provided by volunteers, when we could see all home matches, pre-season friendlies, cup games, European games etc to now only having games which are freely available on the net does not seem to be an improvement to me.

According to the Official Site, we are iin constant dialogue with HibsTV about future provision of live coverage, however we have offered to fund the purchase of a new HD camera, have free of charge offers from the cameraman and commentators from the previous service, who are willing to give their time and effort to provide us the coverage we want and are prepared to pay for, but these offers have apparently been rejected in favour of the "new improved service"

Sadly it looks like HibsTv is going to suffer the same fate as he first electronic scoreboard at ER - if that's the case we can only hope that it's resurrected at some time in the future

First Team Breakthrough StokePogesHibs's Avatar
    I've been a subscriber since the beginning. I want the Hibs fix every 2 weeks.....what's more a couple of Hibbies commentating adds to the drama. Beuzelin was something else in an otherwise dire season. I want to know what the cost is to run this so that we can collectively determine if we can muster enough interest to sponsor it and avoid being a drain on the clubs finances. I recall that there were some volunteers on here willing to provide the manpower to run it. Don't let this die...

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    A question: How can a service be "new and improved" if it shows substantially less games than the previous one?

The old service was superior in many ways to the current product. You could watch all the games, you had two of your own commentating and the picture quality was absolutely fine. I'll acknowledge that not being able to watch it on a Mac was one improvement the new service brought with it. But on balance, in terms of the format etc. nobody wanted it changed.

We have still been unable to find a single person out of all the expat fans we have been in touch with, who was "consulted" before the original change was made, in spite of the club's claim that the change was in response to "fan feedback". And here we are again this week, with a quite ludicrous statement on the website where the club claims to be in "constant dialogue" with an organisation that has been proposed but doesn't yet actually exist! It seems like it's amateur night at Hibernian F.C. Or maybe "take the piss" month. Do I sound angry? Well, I am, because I'm sick fed up of this kind of thing coming from Hibs. The club don't know how to value or treat their fans properly.

Posters such as HibsMax and Brian have spent hours and hours over the last few months contacting the club and supporters and the club have been as unhelpful and unresponsive as it's possible to be.

We have a situation where supporters are offering to run the service for nothing (but the love of doing it), pay 100 - 200 quid for an online season ticket, collectively pay for the new camera we are told they need (although the one they have did fine for the games before and seems perfectly good for all the other stuff Hibs TV do) and make the club a profit numbering in the thousands of pounds at a time when we are told that money is tight, and they are being ignored and fobbed off and delayed at every turn....pathetic.

What does it say about the club when the supporters are unsuccessfully having to pester them repeatedly to look at a proposal which will deliver what the fans want AND make Hibs some money?

They don't answer e-mails, don't act on our feedback, don't answer questions, don't actually act proactively to work with us or take us seriously and just generally make us all feel a bit bloody stupid and taken for a ride. Perhaps they don't deserve our money and they don't deserve our support. Certainly, as one of many fans who spent a fortune I don't have coming back for the travesty on May 19th, I felt that day more than ever that Hibs do not deserve or fully appreciate the superb, dedicated, passionate fans they have and this is just one more piece of evidence to support that.

This has rumbled on for months and months and the effort has been heavily one-sided all the way.

For shame Hibs. A poor poor show all round.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 12-07-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    A mobile version? I hadn't thought about that. I don't know if mybb supports that. I'll take a look.

Gamer IDs

I can install the tapatalk plugin to make the site mobile friendly. You need to pay for the tapatalk app though. Better than nothing but if you're like me then you have it installed already.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I can install the tapatalk plugin to make the site mobile friendly. You need to pay for the tapatalk app though. Better than nothing but if you're like me then you have it installed already.
    A quick search of the myBB forum and someone asked the same question.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122...g-in#pid884729

Looks like there is a free plug-in available. http://www.mybbgm.com/download.php

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 88 View Post
    A quick search of the myBB forum and someone asked the same question.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122...g-in#pid884729

Looks like there is a free plug-in available. http://www.mybbgm.com/download.php
    Yip, that's what I installed. The actual tapatalk app isn't free though.