hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan - should they go? (merged)

This is not a personal attach on Doncaster, but is he really the right man to be leading discussions on where The Rangers should be playing their football next season.

He has gone public before that his main responsibility is to generate income for Scottish Football via Competition Sponsorship and TV money. I would imagine that as part of his renumeration he'll have an incentive scheme whereby he gets a cut of any uplift in current deals (speculating but would make sense).

Does he really have the best interests of the game in Scotland when leading these discussions? Appears to me all the chat is to do with ££££'s and not the sctructure of the game in Scotland.

I'm outraged that there may not be a decision on the SPL vote today as they are not getting the answer they want!!
    Last edited by Leith_Hibee; 04-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's a dickhead...GET HIM OUT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not a personal attach on Doncaster, but is he really the right man to be leading discussions on where The Rangers should be playing their football next season.

He has gone public before that his main responsibility is to generate income for Scottish Football via Competition Sponsorship and TV money. I would imagine that as part of his renumeration is an incentive scheme whereby he gets a cut of any uplift in current deals (speculating but would make sense).

Does he really have the best interests of the game in Scotland when leading these discussions? Appears to me all the chat is to do with ££££'s and the sctructure of the game in Scotland.

I'm outraged that there may not be a decision on the SPL vote today as they are not getting the answer they want!!
    The man is out of his depth, should be nowhere near the position he holds in our game....Corrupt to the core.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

This *is* a personal attack on Doncaster: he is an inept and incompetent chief executive who has completely failed to handle the Rangers crisis and its aftermath. He should resign now and if he doesn't, he should be sacked.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is it possible that he (and the other clubs) did indeed agree to an OF clause in the tv deal (thinking there would neveer be a circumstance that it would have any bearing) and are now panicking big style that Rangers are bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The man is out of his depth, should be nowhere near the position he holds in our game....Corrupt to the core.....
    Doncaster isn't corrupt. He is merely incompetent.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    He is breaking and bending rules to suit his own agenda, rather than that of the Scottish Game as a whole. That is corrupt in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    He is breaking and bending rules to suit his own agenda, rather than that of the Scottish Game as a whole. That is corrupt in my book.
    Spot on.....The continual changing of the goalposts to suit Derhun is CORRUPT

Doncaster is an employee. We should be looking to his bosses for the real culprits in all of this. If this vote is delayed today the club Chairmen will be only to happy to let Doncaster be the fall guy.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm not so sure, if he followed the rules as they are now, those same rules every SPL club signed up for. His delaying tactics are devious at best, some might say corrupt?

He wants Rangers in the SPL, he knows the non Rangers fans are against this. Those clubs have said they wont vote them back in the SPL, so he's delaying it until he gets a decision from the SFL, bullying them into accepting the division 1 vote.

If the SFL dont do this, and say they must start at the bottom, i'm convinced he will want and get them back in the SPL. That door should be shut today, the vote should be today, but he's delayed that to leave this door open. That is in my opinion corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm not so sure, if he followed the rules as they are now, those same rules every SPL club signed up for. His delaying tactics are devious at best, some might say corrupt?

He wants Rangers in the SPL, he knows the non Rangers fans are against this. Those clubs have said they wont vote them back in the SPL, so he's delaying it until he gets a decision from the SFL, bullying them into accepting the division 1 vote.

If the SFL dont do this, and say they must start at the bottom, i'm convinced he will want and get them back in the SPL. That door should be shut today, the vote should be today, but he's delayed that to leave this door open. That is in my opinion corrupt.

The saga rumbles on, and smells worse than a dead carcass

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Doncaster is the man who said there was no difference between a CVA and Liquidation as a means of exiting administration and liquidated clubs should just reform in the same league.

He was with Norwich City before and obviously a product of the " Norwich Family " as per the song.

This Stinks the whole situation is corupt,

EH Vote cancelled again !! WHY

Doncaster must go he needs to grow a pair and make the right decisions

I bet he supports Rangers

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I cant stand him, every time he opens his trap its about the tv deal or preserving the staus quo. He's been at it for months now, I cant understand how a person like him can weasel his way in to position like he holds.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Doncaster can **** off.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    When is the meeting due to start?

Has it taken place?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Might have been mentioned before but Neil Doncaster is an anagram of No Credentials.

Strange eh

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Watching him on SSN I'm actually in awe of the amount of pish he speaks. It's almost a talent.

Left by mutual consent!
    he's as bent as a 9 bob note.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I cant stand him, every time he opens his trap its about the tv deal or preserving the staus quo. He's been at it for months now, I cant understand how a person like him can weasel his way in to position like he holds.
    ask Petrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    he's as bent as a 9 bob note.
    Not if he is doing as instructed by his employers he isn't. Incompetent, not bent.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    From Clyde FC's account of the meeting:

Nowhere in the presentation was account taken on the impact to the finances of clubs, and more importantly the relevance of the game, should supporters stay at home.
    Everyone might as well just sit at home or go shopping. SPL has no interest whatsoever in the fan. Although it is open to question how long Sky/ESPN will televise if there is no-one in the stadium.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    From Clyde FC's account of the meeting:

Everyone might as well just sit at home or go shopping. SPL has no interest whatsoever in the fan. Although it is open to question how long Sky/ESPN will televise if there is no-one in the stadium.
    Kind of says it all a completely one sided argument put forward to assist one team with no consideration or proper attempt to diligently consider the real impact of Rangers playing in whatever division they might play in.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Not if he is doing as instructed by his employers he isn't. Incompetent, not bent.
    Whether he is the monkey or the organ grinder is irrelevant, he is a leading figure in this whole sorry mess which means he is part of the corruption we are witnessing with our very eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Might have been mentioned before but Neil Doncaster is an anagram of No Credentials.

Strange eh
    It's also an anagram for Sod Cretan Neil

Testimonial Due

Get emailing - no more words needed

enquiries@scotprem.com
    Subject: DONCASTER OUT NOW

Direct to Bawjaws - neildoncaster@scotprem.com
    Last edited by DC_Hibs; 04-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Whether he is the monkey or the organ grinder is irrelevant, he is a leading figure in this whole sorry mess which means he is part of the corruption we are witnessing with our very eyes.
    We are witnessing incompetent administrative dullards squirming as they try to extract themselves from decades of mismanagement. That's a bit different from corruption. Doncaster should go at the earliest opportunity but making him the main hate figure could end up letting the genuinely guilty use him as a sacrificial lamb.

Left by mutual consent!
    They're all bent and they're all in it up tae their necks.

This whole farce has firmly knocked on the heid and removed any misconception that anybody may have had that Scottish fitba isnae completely and utterly rigged in favour of just two clubs. They're no even trying tae hide it now.

Corrupt and rotten tae the core.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 04-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Doncaster is an employee. We should be looking to his bosses for the real culprits in all of this. If this vote is delayed today the club Chairmen will be only to happy to let Doncaster be the fall guy.
    If the vote is delayed today they can ALL do one. Why would it? 8 clubs have already said their voting No so why delay.

In the mean time, get this guy to duck. He should have fallen on his sword weeks ago. If ayones pushing for Rangers it's him.