hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deeks

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but lazy prima donna best sums up any match I saw him in. I know he scored goals but only when someone laid the ball on a velvet cushion at his feet and said, "If your imperial Deekness would be so kind as to consider scoring a goal it would bring majesterial pleasure to the plebian plethora who are watching." He could have scored twice as many if he'd tried 100% of the time instead of 33%
    I suppose this is the goal your referring to. To be honest it was a great pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kCi33Vdb-g

Not a bad strike for a Lazy Primadonna.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Tony Mowbray played him on the left too, what a scandal?
    Hughes also got, what 15 goals out of him from wide left, on the way to a 4th placed finish.

I'd take that kind of nonsense right now.

This is up ther with ruining Wotherspoon by getting him to play his best football as part of a defence that had the best record of any Hibs back 4 in decades.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    We should be aiming for better than the Derek Riordan of 2012. Not the type of signing if we are serious about changing the culture at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    Paddy is trying to get the right character into this squad, not a bloke who does not work hard and partys all the time. St Johnstone decided not to renew the guys contract, that tells me enough. Please tell me people have not forgotten his last 6 months at hibs ? Big sodje scored more goals than him and did more work.

I think Pat and Deek would get on quite well, a couple of moaning faced gits, and as far as i know his contract was to the end of the season with St Js, that was the deal, please tell me people haven't forgotten the years before at Hibs instead of the last six months, how many games did Sodje play in the last six months compared to Deek.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    legend?
    are you serious?

Think he is, even Hiberniain Football Club recognise him as a Hibs legend, something to do with 104 goals scored for the club.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Think he is, even Hiberniain Football Club recognise him as a Hibs legend, something to do with 104 goals scored for the club.
    Rubbish, legend status should be reseved for the likes of Paul Power, and Bobby Hutchinson. Maybe they never scored as many goals, but they at least put a shift in for the cause.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Rubbish, legend status should be reseved for the likes of Paul Power, and Bobby Hutchinson. Maybe they never scored as many goals, but they at least put a shift in for the cause.
    And Lee Tosh

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    If I may

Even a director of finances at rangers would equate that scoring twice as many goals (equating to 100%) of the time would suggest he was trying only 50% of the time, thus scoring half the goals.

However, your 33% of the time infers he tried around 1/3 (just shy, as one third is in fact 33.33333333333 )

Anyways, its aw pish given most of his goals come from **** knows where it a team of (mostly) no-hoper journeymen who couldnae pass a ***** efter having a good steamin curry.

Regards to whether we'd have him back / whether he'd come back....

Doubt it'll happen. Again.

Then again, I didnt ever dream the huns would go bust and **** off into realtive nothingness and that particular alterior universe utopia seems to be unfolding.

ENDOF
    No, because you have to take into account natural talent too. Trying twice as hard doesn't simply get you twice as many goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    And Lee Tosh
    Yip imagine forgetting the legend that is Lee Tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Hughes also got, what 15 goals out of him from wide left, on the way to a 4th placed finish.

I'd take that kind of nonsense right now.

This is up ther with ruining Wotherspoon by getting him to play his best football as part of a defence that had the best record of any Hibs back 4 in decades.

17 goals with double figures in assists that season with a call up to the Scotland squad as well.

First Team Breakthrough Rossco1875's Avatar
    with a strong midfield to supply him balls and the right mentality behind the scenes which it looks like fenlon is trying to install deek would still run riot again in the SPL.

And all this nonsense about him not being a club legend some people need to have a word 104 goals.

Coaching Staff
    17 goals with double figures in assists that season with a call up to the Scotland squad as well.
    If only he'd run about a bit more though eh?

He was rubbish that season, we were 3rd for ages and 2 points off 2nd. Imagine being in a side that went that far downhill they only scraped into europe because Dundee Utd played there reserve team in the final game.

Most of that team wouldn't get near the bench these days, i'm glad we have these good times, rather than look back at when we struggled.

First Team Breakthrough Rossco1875's Avatar
    He was rubbish that season, we were 3rd for ages and 2 points off 2nd. Imagine being in a side that went that far downhill they only scraped into europe because Dundee Utd played there reserve team in the final game.

Most of that team wouldn't get near the bench these days, i'm glad we have these good times, rather than look back at when we struggled.
    Would rather have someone who scored 17 goals in a bad season than a O'Donovan to hand.

Don't want him anywhere near ER. Only a couple of months ago at the age of 29 he was up at court after being charged for assault. He never learns, pissed away yet another chance to turn his career around.

I know it's hard for most posters to get over the man crush they hold for Deeks but his work rate, attitude and inability to stay out of trouble mean he is not the type of player we need at ER if we are to turn the club around.

Isnt there a thread about deeks already? He wont be resigned and hes had his time at hibs. Think hes past his best and why shud re sign him again? Time to move on from signing past players.

@hibs.net private member
    Deeks was often brilliant for us but seemed to have lost the crucial half yard of pace towards the end of his last spell which resulted in an ineffectual last half season at ER. Also, if I was Deeks I'd have had my fill of Edinburgh given the victimisation/justice(???) dished out to him by the authorities - not even allowed in the city centre IIRC - if I was him I'd be looking to get as far away as possible and concentrate on getting my form back.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Had bags of talent and a massive future ahead of him and then threw it all away.

Will always be remembered and respected for his goal scoring talents at hibs, but not for his overall attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    It has been far too long since he had own thread.

I was starting to wonder if I was logging on the right web site, due to the lack of Deeks threads.

Anyway back on topic: Deeks would have him back now?

He sucked the life out of the team virtually every game he played last year: oozed negativity and lack of interest. So - no way I'd have him back. Bags of talent, yes - but shamefully wasted.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    He should have scored 200 goals for Hibs to get legend status.

He could have played for Barca if he wisney as lazy.

Cut his baws aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Don't want him anywhere near ER. Only a couple of months ago at the age of 29 he was up at court after being charged for assault. He never learns, pissed away yet another chance to turn his career around.

I know it's hard for most posters to get over the man crush they hold for Deeks but his work rate, attitude and inability to stay out of trouble mean he is not the type of player we need at ER if we are to turn the club around.

When was his last conviction for anything, how can you learn when you have never been convicted of anything, unless you count speeding in your car as a serious crime, i am sure a speeding conviction is wiped of after so many years.

And you have heard of innocent until proven guilty, yes.

If you believe everything that the rags print. And they have printed some pish about Deek in there time and hilariously enough they are the ones who have been found guilty of contempt of court regarding the printing of pish about Deek, maybe that's why they don't like him.

The second bit is your opinion, since you are not Pat Fenlon.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Deeks was often brilliant for us but seemed to have lost the crucial half yard of pace towards the end of his last spell which resulted in an ineffectual last half season at ER. Also, if I was Deeks I'd have had my fill of Edinburgh given the victimisation/justice(???) dished out to him by the authorities - not even allowed in the city centre IIRC - if I was him I'd be looking to get as far away as possible and concentrate on getting my form back.
    Best post i have read on this thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959 Hibby View Post
    He sucked the life out of the team virtually every game he played last year: oozed negativity and lack of interest. So - no way I'd have him back. Bags of talent, yes - but shamefully wasted.
    And still ended up top goal scorer.

And still ended up top goal scorer.
    Who was our top scorer this season, i genuinely dont know?

Ah, the Deeks deja vu thread. Thought we were missing something.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post

:giruy:
    The boy is a ring piece. So, he has a lot in common with most of last years squad, and like that squad he should be left in the past.

Also would add 'away and get your own user name'

Many thanks
    Last edited by MSK; 06-07-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Please dont bypass the swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    If only he'd run about a bit more though eh?

I remember the first game of the season against Motherwell, he never scored a goal that day but sure he set the four goals up, worked his socks of in that game and was up and down the wing for the 90 minutes, Harry Potter was at that game and commented on Sportscene later on that he needed to do more.
    Now i know he never scored in that game but it was quite clear he had goals in him, and what more could he do, apart from run about a bit more.

I think he's washed up to be honest, plus he comes with plenty baggage like GOC. I'd rather we got in Griffiths and gave a chance to young Handling, or the other lad Caldwell. We need an experienced guy that can hold it up like a 98/99 vintage Mixu.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    The boy is a ring piece. So, he has a lot in common with most of last years squad, and like that squad he should be left in the past.

Also would add 'away and get your own user name'

Many thanks

How about this ya , he didn't play for Hibs last season.
    Last edited by MSK; 06-07-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Quote edited

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I remember the first game of the season against Motherwell, he never scored a goal that day but sure he set the four goals up
    , worked his socks of in that game and was up and down the wing for the 90 minutes, Harry Potter was at that game and commented on Sportscene later on that he needed to do more.
    Now i know he never scored in that game but it was quite clear he had goals in him, and what more could he do, apart from run about a bit more.
    He did play really well Silv but we won 3-2