hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie resign if he has played a key role in the doc sent to SFL clubs?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 76.04%
  • No

81 23.96%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    And btw should this question not be resign from Hibs/SFA
    /both?

And one final point how do you change or influence the SFA if you're not on the outside?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears to me that he was quite a big 'player' in the plan to get them into Division 1, given that he was tasked with briefing Green about the whole thing. I doubt he'd have done that had he not agreed with it.

You may be right that Petrie was a big player in the plan to get Rangers into Division 1 but it's equally likely that the collective view of the SFA Board was to have them in SFL 1 and he was going along with this.

There is also the point that in order to get all the SPL clubs to agree to Rangers not being re-admirred to the SPL, it is a least possible that a trade off was agreed whereby they would be allowed into SFL 1. A dangerous assumption as it turned out.

Either way I don't think you can draw any conclusions as to Petrie's actual view on the matter.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 14-07-2012 at 06:43 AM.

I think we can.

Petrie is the second Vice President of the SFA and Chairman of the Professional Board. If he wasn't on board with the Division One proposal/SPL2 threat then he would make a poor choice to liase with Green. There are six other members of the SFA Board and nine on the Professional Board who could have done so instead.

Petrie has been exposed as a hypocrite by his own actions, and I'm someone who is generally supportive of his work at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    He should have been away from Hibs years ago anyway.

The Rangers debacle has distracted from his failure to progress as a club.

Poor poor leader who has now been exposed as a devious liar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Give the tache a break , we doing ok.
    Never been better - it's all downhill from the heady heights of the cup final at Hampden - gaun yersel Rod yer a maestro.

I think many are missing the point - WTF was Green being briefed by anyone? Before any votes!

It stinks IMHO and any SPL2 moves would prove this conclusively.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    I think many are missing the point - WTF was Green being briefed by anyone? Before any votes!
    At that point, Green would have been hoping to get into the SPL. The point of the briefing would be to tell him that this wasn't going to happen but there was a proposal to put them in SFL1 instead.

It stinks IMHO and any SPL2 moves would prove this conclusively.
    I'd agree with you if there are any further moves. They've made a proposal, and it's been democratically rejected by the SFL. Where's the harm in that?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    If Petrie is involved in this farce..then yes he must go...but Vladimer Romamov said some months ago the the hierarchy running Scottish football were crooks and they were corrupt and dark forces were at work.

I laughed thinking It's only a mad vlad rant...he's still mad but he was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    If Petrie is involved in this farce..then yes he must go...but Vladimer Romamov said some months ago the the hierarchy running Scottish football were crooks and they were corrupt and dark forces were at work.

I laughed thinking It's only a mad vlad rant...he's still mad but he was correct.
    That will be the same Romanov who only pledged to vote against newco after he had been advised of this plan?

The Newco saga has been so badly managed by the SFA/SPL, that the key players will never be trusted again and that probably includes Petrie. Whether they had a key role in devising the crooked SPL2 deal or not, the "assumption of guilt" is enough to damage their reputations.

In the same way Hibs had to clear out the majority of those responsible for the worst result/perfomance in a Cup Final, the SFA/SPL need to have a mass clear out to cleanse the place and get rid of the stench that's hanging over Hampden. Petrie should either resign from his role in the SPL or resign from his role at Hibs. I'd prefer both.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    That will be the same Romanov who only pledged to vote against newco after he had been advised of this plan?
    The same man who's been saying for years that Scottish football chiefs are corrupt....reading the papers this morning he appears to be right.

I expect tomorrows meeting to go in the direction on Rangers....

The same man who's been saying for years that Scottish football chiefs are corrupt....reading the papers this morning he appears to be right.

I expect tomorrows meeting to go in the direction on Rangers....
    Like all the rest that were expected to go in the direction of (the club formerly known as) Rangers?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Like all the rest that were expected to go in the direction of (the club formerly known as) Rangers?
    So why is the SPL 2 issue on the agenda tomorrow.. the decision to vote then into division 3 is over....or should be over...tomorrow meeting should only be about who takes Rangers place in the SPL.

So why is the SPL 2 issue on the agenda tomorrow.. the decision to vote then into division 3 is over....or should be over...tomorrow meeting should only be about who takes Rangers place in the SPL.
    Speculation, not fact.

Such feeling has prompted speculation that the SPL 2 plan could yet be revived at tomorrow’s SPL agm but Hearts managing director David Southern cast doubt on that last night. “Anything’s possible for discussion but certainly nothing has been mentioned to us as a club that that is on the agenda for discussion,” Southern said.

Rod was told to confidentially keep Charles Green up to date on how the SFA was going to, corruptly in my view, pave the way for Newco to go to Division 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...mail-leak.html
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 15-07-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Not sure if the above link will work?

Blog Entries
    (reffering to origional poll) The document sent to SFL clubs was an SFL document sent by them to their clubs

The leaked email...

Dear all,

Many thanks for your contribution and support over the last two weeks in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.

I was hugely encouraged with where we got to last night on a long and tiring phone call and I thank all of you for your efforts to move this issue forward. I thought it would be helpful if I summarised where I think we are:

1. The Rangers Football Club will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC.

2. The television rights for Rangers FC matches in the SFL will be purchased by the SPL for the sum of £1m as a one-off fee for the season 2012/2013.

3. The two leagues will merge into a single league body - The Scottish Professional Football League - effective season 2013/14 - with a working party set up immediately involving representatives from the SPL, SFL and (if required) the Scottish FA to plan the integration of the two bodies - people, rules, rebranding, commercial considerations and so on.

4. A new Board of Directors will be appointed to govern the single league. The make up of this Board will consist of an Independent Chairman, CEO, 3 representatives from the Premier League, 2 representatives from the Championship/Leagues 1 & 2 and 2 Independent Non-Executive Directors.

5. Play-offs will be introduced immediately with the first matches taking place at the end of the coming season 2012/2013.

6. Enhanced parachute payments will be implemented from the end of the season 2012/2013 to soften the landing for club(s) relegated from the Premier League.

7. A revised all-through distribution model will be put in place to provide: a) An all-through distribution model for clubs 1-22 and a minimum guarantee for 20 clubs in Leagues 1 & 2, equivalent to what they would earn under the current settlement agreement.

8. A Pyramid System will be put in place which open up the bottom of League 2 effective from the end of season 2013/2014 with the first opportunity for promoted clubs to enter the league being 2014/15 thus allowing for licensing to take place.

9. Consolidation below the Third Division to take place to create a Lowland & Highland League structure effective 2014/15 with appropriate play-offs and promotion/relegation to be put in place. Clubs to be briefed that the previous season 2013/2014 will involve the opportunity to enter play-offs for the first time.

In terms of actions/timings I think the following needs to happen in this coming week:

A) A joint statement today from all 3 bodies confirming that productive discussions have taken place on a new blueprint for Scottish football. Consultation will continue over the next two weeks with a view to clubs getting together week commencing 2nd July to try and agree the way forward. (D Broadfoot to provide this and circulate to DL/ND for approval)

B) Rod P / Jim B to finalise the all-through financial model by Wednesday this week latest.

C) Neil / David to finalise the detail on Governance, Commercials and Play-Offs (ideally Monday/Tuesday) and incorporate these, plus the financials in B) above into a legally binding Heads of Terms 'draft' for presentation to each league body w/c 2nd July.

D) DL to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan and also arrange an all club meeting w/c 2nd July

E) ND to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post 4th July. Subject to approval all bodies (including Newco) to sign legal documentation.

I) Agree joint communication strategy

J) In parallel to A-D above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are 'no surprises' and there is a general acceptance of the plan plus all of the other conditions discussed e.g. transfer embargo, fines, repayment of football debt, waiving rights to legal challenge, acceptance of relegation and so on.

K) Andrew to ensure our check list of disclosures relating to Newco and Fit & Proper Person criteria are delivered by 2nd july. The Board will need these plus the Heads of Terms above in order to complete this plan.

The Scottish FA Board have agreed to provide a one-off restructuring budget of £1m on condition the above plan is delivered.

I hope this covers everything.

Speak soon....now off to the airport!

Regards

Stewart

@hibs.net private member
    So the Sunday Mail article confirms ROD'S part in SFA corrupt plan to get NEWCO back into SPL ASAP

This power crazy man has yet again been involved in devious behind the scenes goings on.

Mr Petrie time to go from SFA and Hibs .... Untrustworthy as opposed to the pillar of sporting integrity he makes himself out to be

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft70 View Post
    Rod was told to confidentially keep Charles Green up to date on how the SFA was going to, corruptly in my view, pave the way for Newco to go to Division 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...mail-leak.html
    Aparently I'm out of date, there's an even more explosive one that is being released/leaked later today. Follow @alextomo (Alex Thomson from C4 News) on twitter to find out what it says.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

We won't have to wait long eh... before the facts are out

Think you will find Hearts & Dundee United have made firm statements about an SPL2.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    So the Sunday Mail article confirms ROD'S part in SFA corrupt plan to get NEWCO back into SPL ASAP

This power crazy man has yet again been involved in devious behind the scenes goings on.

Mr Petrie time to go from SFA and Hibs .... Untrustworthy as opposed to the pillar of sporting integrity he makes himself out to be

So why didnt he vote them in when he had the chance? And do you think, in regard to Hibs, that Petrie is acting alone?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post

These newspapers you are quite willing to hang your hat on, also had old rangers being taken over by billionaire Craig White, a rich man with money off the radar.

Why would you believe anything these rags tell you, especially when they have lied all the way through this fiasco?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    These newspapers you are quite willing to hang your hat on, also had old rangers being taken over by billionaire Craig White, a rich man with money off the radar.

Why would you believe anything these rags tell you, especially when they have lied all the way through this fiasco?
    I dinnae need tae read papers tae believe he could be involved. He's nae stranger tae pushing his own agenda against the wishes of the fans. Remember doncaster's and the OF's 10 team league that 98% of fans didnae want?
    Last edited by Saorsa; 15-07-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Totally agree.

And if you put all the buff, bluster and posturing aside are Rangers, or are they not, in the position all of us would have wanted?

A position where a lot of those that are complaining bitterly now, told us would never happen.
    Last edited by The Falcon; 15-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Because the expected stitch-up didn't play out as the SFA/SPL expected. Remember, there were a number of meetings between the SFA/SPL & SFL even before the SPL voted to keep Newco out. IMHo there would have been assurances given by Longmuir that the SFL Chairmen would fall into line if the threat/bride was big enough. As it happened, the pressure that the SPL clubs came under from fans was just as great on SFL clubs.

Then there was the arrogance of Rangers (Malcolm Murray's catastrophic presentation to SFL clubs), the bungled SFA powerpoint deck, and Regan's Armagedongate Speech completely swung the vote against these incompetents. So in summary, had the SFA and NewHuns not completely ballsed it up, there is a good chance that Newco would have been sitting in SFL1 today.

Regan and Doncaster know no shame. And I don't for one minute accept Greene and McCoists "we're happy to be put wherever the SFL want us" con. They are all working away in the background on Plan Z - get the NewHuns into an SPL2.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

I've done outside broadcasting for tv (mainly) and the papers and can totally confirm that the Sun and Daily Rangers both put their own spin on stuff even if it's the total opposite of what was ACTUALLY intended taking the tone of what's being said... The quotes are always 100% correct but they cherry pick them and add their own words which can change the meaning. The other rags are similar but not normally to the same extent.

Re RP... I've seen no proof that he's not been consistent all through this.

He's publicly come out on the integrity side of things, and in fact, you can argue that he's shown even more of that as number 2 at the SFA. This is just my opinion as non of us have the whole story, but, if RP had integrity I can easily see him arguing "our" position at the SFA and whatever the outcome present that as part of his SFA role to the key people involved.

Let's see where Sevco end up.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It has him being asked to brief CG.
    Petrie's record of saying "No" to meetings he should be no where near isn't great

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Petrie's record of saying "No" to meetings he should be no where near isn't great

Despite the outcome of said meeting?