hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie resign if he has played a key role in the doc sent to SFL clubs?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 76.04%
  • No

81 23.96%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His SFA role will be unpaid.

I think Rod would argue he was meeting Green as a representative of the SFA, rather than Hibs. The problem is that everyone and their dog knows Petrie is the boss at Hibs and has read or heard his pronouncements on newco.

I think this reflects more the problem of having club officials on SFA / SPL / SFL boards, it creates a clear conflict of interest where the SFA might be wanting one thing (Rangers to enter at as high a level as possible) and Hibs might be wanting another (Rangers to enter at the bottom, because that's what most of our fans want). You can't reconcile or ignore that conflict.
    SFA posts are paid. Over the years when there were lots of committee's it was a nice earner

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would like to hear what Rod Petrie has to say about his perceived part in this Machiavellian plot before I stone him.

To me, at this moment in time, I would rather believe that this was part of his duties at the SFA and had to deliver this news. We could also look at Rod doing this due to him being in a position where he could still shape 'sporting integrity' from within. Meaning that, if he did resign, then there would be no contest to this despicable set-up constructed by Doncaster, Reagan and, don't forget, man of many roles ... Ogilvy!

So, come on Rod, after today please respond with your view on it all ...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    It's a conflict of interest though. He's voted no so he should not be involved, whether he's getting paid or not. He should have either stepped down after voting.
    This issue isn't the only thing Rod will ever do in his role at the SFA. It would be a bit ridiculous to step down due to any conflict.

I know Rod spent time with one of the Groups at the forum earlier in the week and they seemed to be convinced over exactly what his throughts were on all this and that Hibs is uppermost in his mind.

The Group I was in was also told some of the background of Rod getting landed with this as others in the key SFA positions had either gone on holiday or disappeared!

Rod is helping administer some of this, he isn't leading it and there's no way that turning it the other way he is doing anyhting for the benefit of Rangers.
    Last edited by Andy74; 13-07-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I would like to hear what Rod Petrie has to say about his perceived part in this Machiavellian plot before I stone him.

To me, at this moment in time, I would rather believe that this was part of his duties at the SFA and had to deliver this news. We could also look at Rod doing this due to him being in a position where he could still shape 'sporting integrity' from within. Meaning that, if he did resign, then there would be no contest to this despicable set-up constructed by Doncaster, Reagan and, don't forget, man of many roles ... Ogilvy!

That would be fair but Maybe Rod should have been concentrating all his efforts on Hibs over last few years and maybe we might not have been as p1ss poor as we have and he wouldnt be involved in any carry on with other role.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    That would be fair but Maybe Rod should have been concentrating all his efforts on Hibs over last few years and maybe we might not have been as p1ss poor as we have and he wouldnt be involved in any carry on with other role.
    Trust me. He canny pass, he canny tackle, and couldny finish a fish supper.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post

I'd liked tae have heard before today, no the denials of being involved or the it wisnae mes' if it all goes pear shaped. regan and doncaster obviously are in it up tae their necks but the silence from others within the SPL raises suspicion.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Sorry but if his principles favour sporting integrity he shouldnae be working for an organisation that has neither. IMO the two are incompatible. Or is it that his principles are no as important tae him as his position at the SFA.
    And after years of moaning about not going back to ER because of Petrie and never buying a ST, you year in and year out, buy a ST.
    Not everything is as easy as it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    His SFA role will be unpaid.

I think Rod would argue he was meeting Green as a representative of the SFA, rather than Hibs. The problem is that everyone and their dog knows Petrie is the boss at Hibs and has read or heard his pronouncements on newco.

I think this reflects more the problem of having club officials on SFA / SPL / SFL boards, it creates a clear conflict of interest where the SFA might be wanting one thing (Rangers to enter at as high a level as possible) and Hibs might be wanting another (Rangers to enter at the bottom, because that's what most of our fans want). You can't reconcile or ignore that conflict.
    Why didnt Regan refer to Rod as RP? If there's some issue between them, I wouldnt be surprised if Regan has deliberately picked RP becasue of his integrity stance.

It'll all come out in the wash - eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This issue isn't the only thing Rod will ever do in his role at the SFA. It would be a bit ridiculous to step down due to any conflict.

I know Rod spent time with one of the Groups at the forum earlier in the week and they seemed to be convinced over exactly what his throughts were on all this and that hibs is uppermost in his mind.

Thew Group I was in was alo told some of the background of Rod getting landed with this as others in the key SFA positions had either gone on holiday or disappeared!

Rod is helping administer some of this, he isn't leading it and there's no way that turning it the other way he is doing anyhting for the benefit of Rangers.
    With all respect Andy the first paragraph is rubbish. This is the biggest change Scottish football has ever seen. If a chairman votes on a team to dropped out their division then in no way should he be near the "briefing of Geeen process". All because folk are on hol etc.. That's laughable at best.

I'm not saying he has helped master some plan to help the huns. I'm simply saying it should not have been him doing it, that should be the job of someone on the SFA, who isn't a chairman. It's having an effect on the support as you can clearly see!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'd liked tae have heard before today, no the denials of being involved or the it wisnae mes' if it all goes pear shaped. regan and doncaster obviously are in it up tae their necks but the silence from others within the SPL raises suspicion.
    Don't get me wrong! I don't get the love in either but, this time, I feel we need to give Rod the benefit due to this bungling lot (SPL/SFA) of two faced back stabbing establishment sycophants who are a virus on and in Scottish football.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    And after years of moaning about not going back to ER because of Petrie and never buying a ST, you year in and year out, buy a ST.
    Not everything is as easy as it seems

Why didnt Regan refer to Rod as RP? If there's some issue between them, I wouldnt be surprised if Regan has deliberately picked RP becasue of his integrity stance.

It'll all come out in the wash - eventually.
    My view too.

Coaching Staff
    With all respect Andy the first paragraph is rubbish. This is the biggest change Scottish football has ever seen. If a chairman votes on a team to dropped out their division then in no way should he be near the "briefing of Geeen process". All because folk are on hol etc.. That's laughable at best.

I'm not saying he has helped master some plan to help the huns. I'm simply saying it should not have been him doing it, that should be the job of someone on the SFA, who isn't a chairman. It's having an effect on the support as you can clearly see!
    If you think it's rubbish I will bow to your knowledge on what has been going on.

If you think it's rubbish I will bow to your knowledge on what has been going on.
    Andy I wasn't having a go.. I'm sure you can see my point. Your defending Petrie and that's fine. I'm telling you what I and along with some others may be thinking. I'm not accusing him of anything but I think it's clear he should not be involved. Replying back with comments like that is pretty childish.

Coaching Staff
    Andy I wasn't having a go.. I'm sure you can see my point. Your defending Petrie and that's fine. I'm telling you what I and along with some others may be thinking. I'm not accusing him of anything but I think it's clear he should not be involved. Replying back with comments like that is pretty childish.
    I think you desribed what I has said as 'rubbish'?

Give the tache a break , we doing ok.

I think you desribed what I has said as 'rubbish'?
    I was referring more to the Hol thing that Petrie says not your post. I do think that is rubbish what he's said. There are many folk on the board that could have done this job.

Out of interest would you have preferred him to not be involved or you happy at how it's been done? I'd just have been happy for Petrie to have said how it could effect his club if he was to keep Green informed. Surely you understand that?

He should resign full stop...

I asked RP directly on Tuesday if he had any involvement with the SFL document. The answer was no.......No doubt some will be sceptical and tell me RP was lying....
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 13-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Coaching Staff
    I was referring more to the Hol thing that Petrie says not your post. I do think that is rubbish what he's said. There are many folk on the board that could have done this job.

Out of interest would you have preferred him to not be involved or you happy at how it's been done? I'd just have been happy for Petrie to have said how it could effect his club if he was to keep Green informed. Surely you understand that?
    To have a view on that we'd need to know what has been preepared, by whom and what the intention was. We don't know any of those things. I di, however, hear from Hibs the other night that Rod was just being asked to help adminster part of this whilst others at the SFA weren't around. That's a long way from leading or influencing anything and I don't think there is any conflict.

Hibs are in the SPL, their engagement ended when the club voted no.

Whay bodies like the SFL and SFA do now is up to them and Rod as part of the SFA has to play some role in that.

Rod's stance on integrity has been pretty clear, his role in whatever is talking place now is administrative.

I don't beleive Rod would do anyhting to work against Hibs interests and I'm more encouraged with Rod in there than I would be with most other club officials.

Evidently those that mistrust rod will see an entirely different side of this but it's one they would have to make up because nothing pohnts to it and it fact it points against everything he has said on it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Give the tache a break , we doing ok.
    Making repeated losses, having repeatedly poor seasons and just avoiding relegation in the last one, a succession of failed managers - yup, he's doing a grand job.

To have a view on that we'd need to know what has been preepared, by whom and what the intention was. We don't know any of those things. I di, however, hear from Hibs the other night that Rod was just being asked to help adminster part of this whilst others at the SFA weren't around. That's a long way from leading or influencing anything and I don't think there is any conflict.

Whay bodies like the SFL and SFA do now is up to them and Rod as part of the SFA has to play some role in that.

Rod's stance on integrity has been pretty clear, his role in whatever is talking place now is administrative.

I don't beleive Rod would do anyhting to work against Hibs interests and I'm more encouraged with Rod in there than I would be with most other club officials.

Evidently those that mistrust rod will see an entirely different side of this but it's one they would have to make up because nothing pohnts to it and it fact it points against everything he has said on it so far.
    I have never been RP's biggest fan Andy, but felt the other night, he answered everything (even the awkward ones) that were asked to him....He struck me as being sincere, and having Hibs best interests at heart....I will cut him some slack now
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Fully agree none of us know the details what is really been said and done. I was just asking if you thought Petrie should be involved? I know his role but if he's been pushed into taking this role then that in itself isn't fair on him. If not I think it's a poor judgement.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I have never been RP's biggest fan Andy, but felt the other night, he answered everything (even the awkward ones) that were asked to him....He struck me as being sincere, and having Hibs best interests at heart....I will cut him some slack now
    I wonder if Rod was making sure nothing dodgy WOULD be allowed to go on? I wonder if he thought, its better for me to be on the inside of this, rather than resign and be on the outside?

I could be wrong, but Petrie has been consistant, maybe he's been one of the main voices against parachuting them into div 1, and been working his magic from inside this fiasco?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I wonder if Rod was making sure nothing dodgy WOULD be allowed to go on? I wonder if he thought, its better for me to be on the inside of this, rather than resign and be on the outside?

I could be wrong, but Petrie has been consistant, maybe he's been one of the main voices against parachuting them into div 1, and been working his magic from inside this fiasco?

None of us know the full ins and outs of this. Let's judge it on what actually happens. If Sevco start as a new club in SFL3, or Rangers re-start in SFL3, I'm fine with that. It's what I would expect to happen to Hibs if (for example) the Mercer takeover had succeeded. As for Rod, he really should be judged on his management of Hibs first and foremost.

@hibs.net private member iainm1875's Avatar
    Rod Petrie's priority is Hibs.

If there is an chance to improve the league set up in Scotland then it should be taken. If Sevco are helped in the process then that is unfortunate however we shouldn't let this chance pass by only to spite Sevco.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Personally think that the whole shebang has been a carefully worked out plan to mitigate the fallout re Rangers. I would also include Doncaster and Regans role in this in terms of giving the impression of helping them as far as possible. Lets not overstate this that there was massive potential for huge fallout overall all of this. Petrie IMO will have been one of the key movers in all of this. Bottom line is there have been 2 votes and they have both overwhelmingly went the way that most fans in Scotland wanted.

Just a pity this has all been tainted by Petrie's involvement in the Div 1 plan...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Just a pity this has all been tainted by Petrie's involvement in the Div 1 plan...
    What was his specific involvement? I haven't read any details other than he met Green in an SFA capacity (which I presume he was bound to do, given his role there).

I'm not seeing how that taints it from a Hibs perspective.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What was his specific involvement? I haven't read any details other than he met Green in an SFA capacity (which I presume he was bound to do, given his role there).

It appears to me that he was quite a big 'player' in the plan to get them into Division 1, given that he was tasked with briefing Green about the whole thing. I doubt he'd have done that had he not agreed with it.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...ale-world/2265

He met Green to put the Div 1 proposal. I the anger people feel towards Rod is the same as mine, it's because after 2 solid statements about the importance of integrity, he then pissed all over it by fronting the Div 1 proposal.

If integrity was that important to him he would have had nothing to do with it

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...ale-world/2265

He met Green to put the Div 1 proposal. I the anger people feel towards Rod is the same as mine, it's because after 2 solid statements about the importance of integrity, he then pissed all over it by fronting the Div 1 proposal.

If integrity was that important to him he would have had nothing to do with it
    Does this not come back to the "two hats" he wears? Maybe if we understood more precisely his SFA role things would be a lot clearer.

What if the SPL chairmen are either liars or realised that afterall they didn't want things to go as fR as Div3 for financial reasons? In other words they were forced by fan power against their first instinct of self interest ? Could it be that Rods integrity view therefore was actually in the minority but due to his role had to go with the majority and deliver the proposal.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.