hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie resign if he has played a key role in the doc sent to SFL clubs?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 76.04%
  • No

81 23.96%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that makes it alright then? If what you say is true and Petrie helped achieve a no newco in the SPL by promising tae try and force the hand of SFL clubs by bribing and blackmailing them in tae letting newco in tae division 1. That's every bit as bad, in fact worse than just letting them in tae the SPL and why did he bring integrity in tae it when it's nae such ****in' thing and what it really is is a total ****in' sham.

Here's an idea, how about they get treated the same as any other club would have instead of all the conniving and double dealing. How about doing the right thing by the majority instead of being driven by their own ****in' greed and selfishness.
    Football politics is just the same as real politics. It's very comforting just to sit in your ideological certainty of whatever it is you or I believe in, but that can not be achieved without manipulating the argument to allow people who are not as certain in their views to come aboard. We should simply continue to argue our position in relation to newco, then judge based upon the outcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    No he should not resign over this - as part of the SPL/SFA/SFL contingent set the task of sorting out the Newco mess it will have been part of his job to put together viable options for the SFL clubs to vote on - given the fevered speculation and debate it was inevitable that these options would include one for parachuting new-huns into Div 1 as well as one for just letting them apply to Div 3. This they have done - but it will be entirely up to the SFL clubs what the actual outcome will be - outlining proposals to be voted upon is a very different thing to advocating them so NO WAY should Petrie resign from Hibs over this.
    That is the whole point. The Newco mess was easy to deal with, Old Huns no longer exist and as such a vacancy exists in the SPL, a club from SFL 1 should be invited to join the SPL thus filling the SPL vacancy. This creates a vacancy in SFL 3.

Rules are already in place to deal with new entrants to the SFL and any Newco has to apply for the vacancy created by Old Huns demise . All applicants for the vacant position should be considered and whoever fits the criteria will be invited into league three.

There is no requirement for a vote to get New Huns into SPL and this whole sorry mess was created by the SFA SPL themselves because they have bent over backwards to try and keep the cash cow Newco Huns in the top leagues.

The solution to this whole mess was simple. STICK TO THE F****ING RULES

@hibs.net private member
    If Rod were to go, who would we have as Chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    That is the whole point. The Newco mess was easy to deal with, Old Huns no longer exist and as such a vacancy exists in the SPL, a club from SFL 1 should be invited to join the SPL thus filling the SPL vacancy. This creates a vacancy in SFL 3.

Rules are already in place to deal with new entrants to the SFL and any Newco has to apply for the vacancy created by Old Huns demise . All applicants for the vacant position should be considered and whoever fits the criteria will be invited into league three.

There is no requirement for a vote to get New Huns into SPL and this whole sorry mess was created by the SFA SPL themselves because they have bent over backwards to try and keep the cash cow Newco Huns in the top leagues.

But that's the point, the SPL never had any intention of sticking to the rules. Doncaster and other SPL clubs were backing a proposal to make up new rules to allow newcos into the SPL, but with 10 points off for a couple of seasons. Therefore the public pressure and an alternative plan was needed to bring enough clubs around to at least excluding newco from the SPL.

Hopefully the public pressure will be sufficient to reject that plan and we will end up with the result that should have happened all along, ie everyone shuffling up to replace the old Rangers vacancy, with new Rangers applying (along with anyone else who is interested) for the resulting vacancy in SFL3.

If Rod is involved in this in anyway (I do still have my doubts about it though) then all his talk about "sporting integrity" is bull and yes I would no longer deem him right to run Hibernian FC.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Thats it in a nutshell HSH, no need for any of this bullsh**. The only reason we are still talking about this, is because those at the top do not have the balls to adhere their rules, the rules each club sign up to.

These buggers are so corrupt, they are not even bothering to hide it now. They are more concerned with losing Rangers and their support, they cant see just how many non Rangers fans they are pissing right off?

We have all thought those running the game on our behalf were corrupt, we now know whatever happens with Rangers that they are, there is no doubt now at all.

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats it in a nutshell HSH, no need for any of this bullsh**. The only reason we are still talking about this, is because those at the top do not have the balls to adhere their rules, the rules each club sign up to.

These buggers are so corrupt, they are not even bothering to hide it now. They are more concerned with losing Rangers and their support, they cant see just how many non Rangers fans they are pissing right off?

We have all thought those running the game on our behalf were corrupt, we now know whatever happens with Rangers that they are, there is no doubt now at all.
    I've no highlighted the on our behalf bit as I believe they've never been running it on our behalf, they've just been running it and running it only tae line their ain pockets.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 01-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tó Madeira View Post
    So am I right in saying that people don't believe that Rangers should be in SPL2? what planet are you on? Everyone will get a shot at applying and of course new rangers will get in but they are exactly that - new rangers!

The punishment has been dished out by the SPL chairmen already. There should be no retrospective punishment as that's against the law. New company, new era.

Petrie has sense here, just that people can't see it because of their tinted specs. Rangers WILL be in SPL2 whether Petrie wants it or not, and all the clubs want reconstruction.

We can't have it both ways and it does t really matter as by the time the SPL2 comes into play it's more than likely that the huns will be in the second or even first division.

RELAX.
    What a total and utter load of bollox.

SPL2 - whatever that is - is being suggested to allow NewRangers the absolute minimum amount of time away from top-flight football.

RFC went bust owing you, me and every person millions, more disgraceful than that they owe millions to small businesses. They went bust, their assets have been sold for a song, to try and put them beyond the reach of creditors. The purchaser is looking to maximise his profit by selling these assets on. Currently they have 13 players but no league to play in nor license either.

As a result of RFC going bust they have to forego their League share, this isn't a punishment. Other SPL clubs influenced by their fans thought the idea of a Club going just and then reemerging in the same League as unacceptable. This isn't a punishment either.

So far we are STILL waiting for any sort of punishment to be handed down; either for Bringing the Game into Disrepute, taking a football matter to the CoS, not filing Financial Accounts, Dual Payments and so on. The only thing to have happened to them is a 10 point penalty and even that didn't affect their league position.

However we are all constantly being told that their 140 years of history is intact, meaning they walk away from £100m of debt but keep all their titles. AND won't have to accept any punishment either! This is madness.

Rangers used to play in front of 8,000. The last time they were weak Scottish football was strong. There is absolutely no guarantee they will waltz through the Leagues, nor that the fans won't in fact do plenty of walking away.

If Rangers want to reform and be readmitted do it the same way anyone else would. The way Bomber Brown is behaving, the antics of Green and probably Whyte, Sir Walter of Cradigan and everyone else involved on their side in this omnishambles proves that the Hun cannot get their act together. And if they can't get their act together now when they have to what makes anyone think they will mobilise themselves in time to be competitive?

There are far too many assumptions being made, NewRangers have a ton of work to do to even play a fixture never mind getting back to working as the most boring duopoly in world football.

Their demise is every other Clubs gain. Hell mend them.

Oh, and should RP resign if he's behind this document? Of course he should. He's essentially said one thing and done another.
    Last edited by Cropley10; 01-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.

I know that Hibs often keep their cards close to the chest, and don't announce things until it is really necessary, and I can appreciate that to a certain extent, particularly when rumours are circulating. But the article by the BBC did not mention any other chairmen doing the 'briefing', just Petrie. For me, now is not the time for Hibs to remain silent on this if Petrie had nothing to do with it. In this case, because there has been no denial by Hibs of the statement, it is only fair to assume that he did indeed brief Charles Green. If that is indeed the case, and at the moment there is no denial to suggest otherwise, then Petrie has not only made his own position untenable, he's responsible for a massive PR disaster that could have lasting consequences for the club. So because I have heard nothing from Hibs to the contrary, I have voted YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    I voted no.

When this process started, the clear majority of the SPL clubs and Doncaster wanted to fix something that would allow a newco into the SPL, but with deductions of points and prize money. I believe Rod was always opposed to allowing newco into the SPL, but he needed to find a way to get the other clubs to agree to his position. However inadequate and morally questionable this SFL1 / SPL2 "compromise" is, it at least softened the ground and allowed the other clubs to declare their position against newco without seemingly risking the television contract.

Basically what I am saying is that if it wasn't for Petrie, I think "new Rangers" would be playing in the SPL next season. If there's an argument for him to go, it's on much stronger ground in relation to his track record of managerial appointments.
    There's an awful lot of ifs, believes and supposition in this post, PTS. I don't believe for a second that, without Rodders, Sevco5088 would be playing in the SPL next season. It was the collective SPL support that made the difference. Make no mistake, without us, even Rodders would have voted them straight back in.

Rodders has ****ed up big-time in this and has come across as a two-faced cretin who has treated the support with contempt. The sooner he realises that, the better.

Petrie is either a stunning hypocrite, or, worse, a damn fool, who has allowed himself to be played by Regan/Doncaster. I'd be more surprised if its the second rather the first. Either way, he should resign.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    We don't need a Chairman and a Chief Exec, so there's your answer.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Someone else. Preferably untainted by recent shenanigans. RP is not the only human being in the world who could run Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    There's an awful lot of ifs, believes and supposition in this post, PTS. I don't believe for a second that, without Rodders, Sevco5088 would be playing in the SPL next season. It was the collective SPL support that made the difference. Make no mistake, without us, even Rodders would have voted them straight back in.

Rodders has ****ed up big-time in this and has come across as a two-faced cretin who has treated the support with contempt. The sooner he realises that, the better.
    Okay then, I'll pare it back to what we know.

I just think we need to sit back and reflect on the fact that two months ago it was probable that newco would be allowed into the SPL. Now their best case scenario is first division, with a good chance that can also be prevented if we maintain our unity and pressure on those involved. I don't think getting sidetracked into nitpicking over what Rod Petrie may or may not have done helps in this end. And, as I said before, if there is an argument over whether he should continue as Hibs chairman, it should primarily be based on his track record with Hibs.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 01-07-2012 at 04:55 PM.

massive pressure needs to be put on petrie to resign, hes a disgrace to hibs. i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was.

most important thing just now tho is to make sure the huns end up in the 3rd division at best

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

• It has since emerged there is now a new SPL plan (with agreement of SFA and SFL executives) for newco Rangers to enter SFL1, or failing that set up an SPL2. We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan.

Hibs chairman Rod Petrie has told BBC Scotland that sporting integrity should come before any financial benefit to Scottish Premier League clubs
    The two statements are the total opposite and that is what is p1ssing everyone off. So what is it Rod we really want to know.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hot shot hamish View Post
    the two statements are the total opposite and that is what is p1ssing everyone off. So what is it rod we really want to know.

exactly.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green E's View Post
    massive pressure needs to be put on petrie to resign, hes a disgrace to hibs. i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was.

most important thing just now tho is to make sure the huns end up in the 3rd division at best
    So glad you're not my lawyer

• It has since emerged there is now a new SPL plan (with agreement of SFA and SFL executives) for newco Rangers to enter SFL1, or failing that set up an SPL2. We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan.

I just think we need to sit back and reflect on the fact that two months ago it was probable that newco would be allowed into the SPL. Now their best case scenario is first division, with a good chance that can also be prevented if we maintain our unity and pressure on those involved. I don't think getting sidetracked into nitpicking over what Rod Petrie may or may not have done helps in this end. And, as I said before, if there is an argument over whether he should continue as Hibs chairman, it should primarily be based on his track record with Hibs.
    I've been away for a couple of days....Stone Roses .... so I'm catching up on what's been happening.

Do we know that for certain?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What, is there nobody else in the world that could do it?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There will be no miracles here.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Yes

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I've been away for a couple of days....Stone Roses .... so I'm catching up on what's been happening.

Do we know that for certain?
    We know nothing for certain other than some Press allegations. The same Press that we have been criticising for the duration of this thread. I find the hysteria on the last few pages to be quite embarrassing. To be attacking our own on the basis of so little evidence is quite disgraceful.

RP was the only person to state that sporting integrity must come before financial matters long before them fans revolt and the impact on the sale of STs wad apparent. We should cut him some slack until more emerges.

In any case, Sevco are f***ed and I can't see any form of Rangers playing in any League next season.

Absobloodylutely!! It would mean he is a complete hypocrite. He can **** off if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    We know nothing for certain other than some Press allegations. The same Press that we have been criticising for the duration of this thread. I find the hysteria on the last few pages to be quite embarrassing. To be attacking our own on the basis of so little evidence is quite disgraceful.

RP was the only person to state that sporting integrity must come before financial matters long before them fans revolt and the impact on the sale of STs wad apparent. We should cut him some slack until more emerges.

In any case, Sevco are f***ed and I can't see any form of Rangers playing in any League next season.
    Ok, thanks for that.

So Rod is hanged, drawn and quartered before he's even been arrested? Sounds like par for the course throughout the whole saga. As is my wont, I'll wait for the facts.

Ok, thanks for that.

So Rod is hanged, drawn and quartered before he's even been arrested? Sounds like par for the course throughout the whole saga. As is my wont, I'll wait for the facts.
    The OP used the word IF. So it's a hypothetical question. Not sure anyone has hung, drawn or quartered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    The OP used the word IF. So it's a hypothetical question. Not sure anyone has hung, drawn or quartered him.
    Like I said, I am just catching up on things.

I have only read the few posts from today, two of which stand out....

"We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan."

"i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was."

Seems pretty well executed, m'lud.

Like I said, I am just catching up on things.

I have only read the few posts from today, two of which stand out....

"We now know that Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie were intimately involved in the detailed preparation of that plan."

"i know nothing official has confirmed he was involved but it looks like he definatly was."

Seems pretty well executed, m'lud.
    Yep the clue is in the word 'if' in the poll question

If he hasn't been involved it will be very easy to come clean

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    There will be no miracles here.

Would not this properly be an ecumenical matter?