hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie resign if he has played a key role in the doc sent to SFL clubs?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 76.04%
  • No

81 23.96%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rodders is a Vice-Chairman in an organisation that has threatened and attempted to blackmail the majority of its members and he disagrees with that course of action, I'd expect him to resign from the post. If he doesn't, I'd assume that he doesn't have much problem with it.

It's fine to stick around when you disagree with a run of the mill decision but when the organisation is taking immoral and unethical action, it's a different matter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Why would I be gutted? If he's no involved, he's no involved, let him come out and say it. I fail tae see how anyone in his position at the SFA could fail tae have known about it. If he's as much in favour of integrity as he claims tae be he surely cannae square that with being part of an organision that's as bent as a nine bob note. People in the SFA and SPL knew about that document, they were either involved in it or at best they gave it their tacit approval by remaining silent about it.

Naebody has denied being involved with that document and naebody has criticised that document, IMO that makes them all equally worthy of suspicion and that includes Petrie.
    I can't argue with that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Given the way the SPL is behaving now I find it hard to believe it is all Doncaster on his own...

very sad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Given the way the SPL is behaving now I find it hard to believe it is all Doncaster on his own...

very sad
    ...I doubt it ever has been and the continued silence only points tae that...

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been posted
    http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...ale-world/2265.
    Oh dear....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Oh dear....
    That has RP actively involved in briefing Charles "must be kept in the loop" Green

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    That has RP actively involved in briefing Charles "must be kept in the loop" Green
    It has him being asked to brief CG.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It has him being asked to brief CG.
    Which he has done.

Which he has done.
    Has he?

And did he do it willingly, or under protest?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think that I'd want to see Petrie go now.

Has he?

Yup and dunno (I doubt he'd do much under protest)

Hang on, it doesn't say he did brief Green, just that this leaked e-mail was asking him to brief him with his SFA hat on, whether he did or didn't is still speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Hang on, it doesn't say he did brief Green, just that this leaked e-mail was asking him to brief him with his SFA hat on, whether he did or didn't is still speculation....
    Thanks for your input Rod

Yup and dunno (I doubt he'd do much under protest)
    I'll accept what you say about the former, although I haven't seen it anywhere.

However, the latter is, for me, the essence of his credibility or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Oh dear....
    In a way it is understandable that incompetents like Regan/Doncaster are just pushing forward hoping to force this through, after all, the game in Scotland didn't get into the current state it is in because it was run by men of integrity with a vison of how Scottish football can improve, so no need to expect any integrity from them now. They are fighting a different fight: it has little, if anything, to do with what the fans want and it certainly has nothing to do with sporting integrity - if they win this fight the game is dead, there won't be a second chance further on down the road.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Has he?

Hilton hotel at the airport?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't see the problem with CG being kept informed.

Although he may or may not be a dodgy character, the fact is that he has nothing to do with what the huns got up to in the past.

It's normal that he did his best to get newhun into the SPL - I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's also normal, out of common courtesy to a fellow 'club' owner, that he be informed of how it's looking the vote (s) may go as well as the feeling among the other clubs.

Petrie briefing CG (keeping him informed) shouldn't be confused with CG giving him instructions.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Although he may or may not be a dodgy character, the fact is that he has nothing to do with what the huns got up to in the past.

It's normal that he did his best to get newhun into the SPL - I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's also normal, out of common courtesy to a fellow 'club' owner, that he be informed of how it's looking the vote (s) may go as well as the feeling among the other clubs.

Petrie briefing CG (keeping him informed) shouldn't be confused with CG giving him instructions.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    It'll be turned into the truth. Like him pocketing the car park money and having the final say on player signings and sales.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Alex Thompsons latest blog is claiming a leaked Stewart Regan email set out the plan and timetable to get the Huns into 1st division and in it he asks Rod Petrie to breif Charles Green on what is happening.

I feel our chairman is playing us all for fools. By clearly being part of the cut up of Scottish football
    Just because Regan has asked Petrie to BRIEF Charles Green on something (which is part of his job as vp of the league) it does not follow that Petrie is doing anything favouring the huns, playing anyone for fools, or being in any way sleekit. Im not sure what youre accusing him of

Why should Petrie get involved though? Seriously he should have **** all to do with it as it could have a direct effect on Hibs. Some fans think he's now involved in helping them drop to div 1. Others don't.. Fact is if he just left it alone and let others deal with it we wouldn't be bothered. He should have stayed clear simple as that.

I'll accept what you say about the former, although I haven't seen it anywhere.

However, the latter is, for me, the essence of his credibility or otherwise.
    I think the 'credible' thing to do would to refuse to meet Green or resign personally.

The 'consultation' with Green had NO place in the grand scheme of things as neither the SPL vote nor the SFL vote had taken place.

This is about dealing with Rangers not deadling for Rangers.

Briefing Green shouldn't be confused with the right thing to do either!

The issue is that CG was being given inside information on the evil plan being hatched by the numpties in charge of Scottish football. This information was not being shared with the other clubs because it involved trying to back them into a corner so they would vote as instructed. Petrie was able to brief CG because he would have been involved in the drawing up of that evil plan. That for me is the problem with Petrie's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Why should Petrie get involved though? Seriously he should have **** all to do with it as it could have a direct effect on Hibs. Some fans think he's now involved in helping them drop to div 1. Others don't.. Fact is if he just left it alone and let others deal with it we wouldn't be bothered. He should have stayed clear simple as that.
    In his SFA role. That's the SFA, who pay (some of? all of? ) his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    The issue is that CG was being given inside information on the evil plan being hatched by the numpties in charge of Scottish football. This information was not being shared with the other clubs because it involved trying to back them into a corner so they would vote as instructed. Petrie was able to brief CG because he would have been involved in the drawing up of that evil plan. That for me is the problem with Petrie's position.
    We dont know what information was being given by RP, just that he was asked to brief CW.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    In his SFA role. That's the SFA, who pay his wages.
    Sorry but if his principles favour sporting integrity he shouldnae be working for an organisation that has neither. IMO the two are incompatible. Or is it that his principles are no as important tae him as his position at the SFA.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 13-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    @alextomo: Another curio from the Regan leaked email. Point "1. The Rangers FC will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect..

@alextomo: "...and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC." Odd since they cannot be relegated. And shows SFA have decided in advance of today's vote

and

@TonyMcKelvie: @alextomo That's what sunk the plan Alex. There was no mechanism in the SPL Rules to make that happen. Someone inside the SPL scuppered it.

Assuming Rod is consistent it wouldn't surprise me if the "someone" was him!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0quakx

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    His SFA role will be unpaid.

I think Rod would argue he was meeting Green as a representative of the SFA, rather than Hibs. The problem is that everyone and their dog knows Petrie is the boss at Hibs and has read or heard his pronouncements on newco.

I think this reflects more the problem of having club officials on SFA / SPL / SFL boards, it creates a clear conflict of interest where the SFA might be wanting one thing (Rangers to enter at as high a level as possible) and Hibs might be wanting another (Rangers to enter at the bottom, because that's what most of our fans want). You can't reconcile or ignore that conflict.

It's a conflict of interest though. He's voted no so he should not be involved, whether he's getting paid or not. He should have stepped down after voting.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 13-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.