hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obtaining tickets

I have'nt gone to a match for years now but i was going to attend some matches this year.What with us needing more fans through the gate i'd like to do my bit(i went to every div1 match after we went down).
    So whats the deal with paying to see matches these days? It's gone a bit spaceage.

Can i not just go to the Hibs shop and buy a ticket for the derby anymore?
    Apparently i need to be on the database......................but i'm not,and i cant get on the database unless i've been to a a match? catch 22
    So does that rule me out of getting a ticket then? Thats no way to get fans back.

In fact it makes it impossible.

Anyone tell me how this works please?
    Seems i have to go through a drama just to see a match now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You'll get some info here........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...For-Hibs-Games

Don't know if their selling tickets for it but if they are, you will get on the database if you buy a ticket for the Huddersfield game or If you know anyone who's on it they can buy you a ticket and give your details so that your on it.

Cheers.And how do i get a ticket for the Huddersfield game? Cant anyone just go and pay at the gate anymore?
    No wonder gates are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendrongo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers.And how do i get a ticket for the Huddersfield game? Cant anyone just go and pay at the gate anymore?
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/La...,10290,00.html

Maybe gates are down because people cannae be ersed looking for ticket sales info on the club site
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Its a yes / No answer...there are booths to buy tickets at both the East and North (FF) stands...this is to avoid queues as people turn up last minute..

It does not solve your 'not being on the database' problem. You need to get a friend who is on database to buy you a ticket and at that point register your details... then you are on in your own right

Phone the ticket office in the morning and ask if you can pre book a ticket for the Huddersfield game. Reading between the lines I doubt you can but you never know. If they say aye then get them to put you on the data base.

Flippin eck.Get me a delorean.
    I wanna go back to 1985.
    You gave the guy at the turnstile a pound and got to sing and bounce under the east terrace shed.

Not now.you need a miracle to get on the database and if you somehow manage it you have to pay nearly £30 to watch a Hibs team that rarely scores and rarely keeps a clean sheet.

Still i do love the Hibees.

How did anyone ever get on the database?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Flippin eck.Get me a delorean.
    I wanna go back to 1985.
    You gave the guy at the turnstile a pound and got to sing and bounce under the east terrace shed.

Not now.you need a miracle to get on the database and if you somehow manage it you have to pay nearly £30 to watch a Hibs team that rarely scores and rarely keeps a clean sheet.

Still i do love the Hibees.

How did anyone ever get on the database?
    Why has it been so long since you were at ER?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Its a yes / No answer...there are booths to buy tickets at both the East and North (FF) stands...this is to avoid queues as people turn up last minute..

It does not solve your 'not being on the database' problem. You need to get a friend who is on database to buy you a ticket and at that point register your details... then you are on in your own right

So, you can't get on the database unless you have a friend on the database. What kind of club is this? A Private Members Club? You have to be proposed else your not coming in. No wonder people can't be bothered. Why do they have to make it so difficult? Obviously they have too many customers, they can turn them away.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 88 View Post
    So, you can't get on the database unless you have a friend on the database. What kind of club is this? A Private Members Club? You have to be proposed else your not coming in. No wonder people can't be bothered. Why do they have to make it so difficult? Obviously they have too many customers, they can turn them away.
    No, that is not what is said. You get on the database if you buy a ticket for a Cat B game, OR someone puts you on for a Cat A ticket. It really is not difficult. In fact reading and writing Mandarin is a lot more difficult I would imagine.

He's got a point though, why do you need to be on the database? It's pointless these days considering our capacity, I know it was brought in when we filled the stadium and Huns/Sellick/Yams were found in our end, but there's no need for it now, you should just be able to rock up on matchday and get in. So Hibs need evey fan through the turnstyles? Prove it, make it easy for someone like the OP to just turn up at 2:45pm on a derby matchday and get in.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    He's got a point though, why do you need to be on the database? It's pointless these days considering our capacity, I know it was brought in when we filled the stadium and Huns/Sellick/Yams were found in our end, but there's no need for it now, you should just be able to rock up on matchday and get in. So Hibs need evey fan through the turnstyles? Prove it, make it easy for someone like the OP to just turn up at 2:45pm on a derby matchday and get in.
    It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and with the festival round the corner even if 1 or 2 visitors wanted to make a Cat A game they cannae, seems Hibs dont want walk up fans money, if the stadium was sold out every week I could understand it, the club is cutting its own throat.
    Even against hertz we cannae sell out, if you want more through the door stop putting obstacles in peoples way FFS.

Blog Entries
    Jings this thread is hard work..

You DONT need to be on database for Cat B matches

You DO for Cat A (this is due to problems in the past when fans from other clubs bought home end tickets - club gets hammered if security problems due to this)

read this then ask any more questions...

You DO for Cat A (this is due to problems in the past when fans from other clubs bought home end tickets - club gets hammered if security problems due to this)

There's no need for it anymore, you won't get any away fans in the home end at Cat A games now, when was the last time the away end was sold out? I can't see it being sold out against Celtic or Yams any time soon, the only thing this is doing is stopping lapsed punters returning and visitors to the city taking in a derby.

If Hibs are happy for those games to have these obstacles in return for a security benefit then fair enough, IMO though, it's a load of crap and should be scrapped.

Left by mutual consent!

The club policy is not in line with its desperate need to generate cash. It is mental that the town will be jumping with visitors on the 11th and they will not be able to buy one of the thousands of available empty seats.

Blog Entries
    There's no need for it anymore, you won't get any away fans in the home end at Cat A games now, when was the last time the away end was sold out? I can't see it being sold out against Celtic or Yams any time soon, the only thing this is doing is stopping lapsed punters returning and visitors to the city taking in a derby.

If Hibs are happy for those games to have these obstacles in return for a security benefit then fair enough, IMO though, it's a load of crap and should be scrapped.
    6 times last season...and do you not think our first home game will sell out in away end with more happy to sit in home end ....

Its about safety and police direction not cash

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone struggling for tickets send me a PM and I will buy them online - as long as cash is transferred before hand.

Although it's not as difficult to purchase as made out, it's still a pain in the erse, so we should be looking to help our fellow supporters purchase tickets!

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar

Definately need it as our last home game against Celtic there was Celtic fans in the east at the FF end. Got a bit ugly and there is usually a lot of families in that area.

Whether it works is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGinlay View Post
    Definately need it as our last home game against Celtic there was Celtic fans in the east at the FF end. Got a bit ugly and there is usually a lot of families in that area.

I wish we didn't have the need for segregation at all. Football fans will always be tribal but the long years of enforced seperation at games has certainly served to increase the levels of hatred some fans carry around with them. Aberdeen had a mixed family section for a couple of years where fans of both teams playing sat. That's something I would like to see done at ER.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Shouldn't be hassle for most people wanting to see Hibs to get a ticket for another game and get on the database.

How many people with no Hibs mates on the databse or not on it themselves suddenly want to go to Cat A games?

I'd say not enough to risk the security thing.

In terms of visitors Hibs have sadi a few times in the forum meetings that they would sort something out when they are genuine visitors to the city. I've done the same sort of thing myself bypassing some of the strict rules in the Netherlands on needing id cards to get tickets. Talking to the club often helps!

Dont know why the club couldnt have given sellik extra tickets and another part of the ground, we didnt sell enough of our own.
    Which if the club are trying to generate more cash should be more seriously looked into.
    Infact we could have shifted our whole location to hertz fans for the derby no bother
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 26-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    In terms of visitors Hibs have sadi a few times in the forum meetings that they would sort something out when they are genuine visitors to the city. I've done the same sort of thing myself bypassing some of the strict rules in the Netherlands on needing id cards to get tickets. Talking to the club often helps!
    Hows about this scenario: A stag night of 20 boys from Romford wake up at half 11 on Saturday morning after a serious session in the Three Sisters the night before. Some random had told them that the Edinburgh derby was the following day and there would be plenty empty seats. Being football daft, 16 of them are up for a bit of derby action.

Question: How do Hibs make it easy for these boys to get along to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Hows about this scenario: A stag night of 20 boys from Romford wake up at half 11 on Saturday morning after a serious session in the Three Sisters the night before. Some random had told them that the Edinburgh derby was the following day and there would be plenty empty seats. Being football daft, 16 of them are up for a bit of derby action.

The simple answer is that you remove all Cat A restrictions. If supporters buy tickets for the 'wrong'area or Hibs fans can't handle their anger when faced with a rival fan next to them let the Police and Stewards deal with it inside the ground.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff

How easy do you think it would be anywhere in the world for a ticket game in that scenario?

What Hibs might lose by not having a route in at that notice I'd say is pretty negligible overall. I don't really think there are queues of people waiting to get in being denied
    tickets.

Having said that though, what I've seen happen in that sort of scenario is some Hibby in the queue putting them through in their name.

Not sure if it would work but could we maybe have a section of the West Stand (South End) that was available to fans not on the database? It could still be clear that it was for home support only but at least if any away fans did get tickets then they would be easily spotted and we wouldn't have to worry about them popping up all over the stadium.

Positive side - People not on the data base (fans who have not been for a while/tourists/stag parties etc) could get along and see the game.

Negative side - More policing/stewarding to be on hand as the potential for any trouble would be increased.

This idea is just of the top of my head (and I'm sure there will be better ones out there) but the bottom line is that with so many empty seats at every game we need to do something.

How easy do you think it would be anywhere in the world for a ticket game in that scenario?

What Hibs might lose by not having a route in at that notice I'd say is pretty negligible overall. I don't really think there are queues of people waiting to get in being denied
    tickets.

Having said that though, what I've seen happen in that sort of scenario is some Hibby in the queue putting them through in their name.
    I'd say it's probably a whole lot easier than Hibs make it, particularly if there are going to be plenty seats available.

When I go on a holiday, I'd be keen to go see the local team. I've even ended up supporting the local team here - my first game? Me and a couple of others decided on the day to go as we hadn't even heard there was a game before that. The rest is history.

The risk of trouble is even MORE negligible so it's just a ridiculous system IMO.

Erm, but the policy was in place so you're providing an example it doesn't even work anyway?

Might've got a "bit ugly" but what did that consist of? A 2 minute slagging match before the Celtic fans were chucked out? Hardly a full scale riot.

Left by mutual consent!

tickets.

The fact that other clubs might be equally bad at fillling thousands of empty seats is not a good reason for Hibs to do the same.

Every penny is a prisoner now. In my scenario the club loses £450 income - excluding shop and pie takings - that it will never get back. Again in my scenario the guys are highly unlikely to get anywhere near Easter Road after the first phone calls tells them that their business is not wanted. It's lunacy.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Erm, but the policy was in place so you're providing an example it doesn't even work anyway?

Might've got a "bit ugly" but what did that consist of? A 2 minute slagging match before the Celtic fans were chucked out? Hardly a full scale riot.
    What are you saying? Do you want to get to the riot situation before we do anything about? What I am highlighting if the measures were not in place on there "jelly & ice cream" day I am sure there would have been a lot more that day. Yes it was just a bit of a slanging match but our stewards reacted quickly to usher them out before it escalated,