hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie resign if he has played a key role in the doc sent to SFL clubs?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 76.04%
  • No

81 23.96%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Hope this fence gets a wee bit wider so ma big fat bahookie can get comfortable :-/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The issue of whether or not Rod should resign is irrelevant. He is there to run the Club on behalf of STF and no big decisions are made without the owner's approval.

We wouldn't be around but for STF so I really think we should quieten down before we piss him off.
    You like most don't understand the set up then. Rod has no excecutive role at Hibs these days

Blog Entries
    In situations like this I would tend to fall back on the old maxim, 'Better the devil you know.' I've never been a huge fan of Petrie but I just want to see Hibs and the SPL get back to some sort of normality. I wish the same for all the other SPL clubs as on-going friction can only be bad, particularly for the well-being of the ones who are on a financial shoogly peg.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    In situations like this I would tend to fall back on the old maxim, 'Better the devil you know.' I've never been a huge fan of Petrie but I just want to see Hibs and the SPL get back to some sort of normality. I wish the same for all the other SPL clubs as on-going friction can only be bad, particularly for the well-being of the ones who are on a financial shoogly peg.
    and whos fault is it it's on going? the SFA, the SPL and it's member clubs? If they all just stuck tae the rules instead of coming up with dodgy schemes and inventing new rules it would have been done months ago. They have themselves tae blame for this dragging on and naebody else.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 15-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    You like most don't understand the set up then. Rod has no excecutive role at Hibs these days
    i am well aware of that and I know the reasons why. I also know that STF would not allow anything of real significance to happen without his approval.

Quote Originally Posted by iainm1875 View Post
    Rod Petrie's priority is Hibs.

If there is an chance to improve the league set up in Scotland then it should be taken. If Sevco are helped in the process then that is unfortunate however we shouldn't let this chance pass by only to spite Sevco.
    Agree

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Agree
    Football can and indeed needs to change, each and every club should benefit, but it should not be rushed through without proper consultation, just because one club wants it now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    i am well aware of that and I know the reasons why. I also know that STF would not allow anything of real significance to happen without his approval.

Fair Do's (wasn't getting at you just things get repeated and repeated that are incorrect and then are treated as if they are true)

I agree that the owner - and rightly - would not let things of significance occur that he was against.

Good old Rodders saying one thing in public but doing another in private. He would have made a brilliant MP.

Blog Entries
    What I do hope happens is
    • the dust settles
    • we get on with playing football...with NewCo in Div 3
    • and then have a real debate and supporter consultation througout the season
    • aim of new administration and league set up for 2013/14
    • fair distribution of monies
    • 3 leagues that are each bigger maybe 14/14/14
    • proper pyramid with regional leagues below 3rd tier
    • relegation / promotion and play offs at all levels

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Good old Rodders saying one thing in public but doing another in private. He would have made a brilliant MP.
    Has he though?

We know what he's said and done in public (and I think we all agree with him)

The behind closed doors stuff he's doing as part of his SFA role can be taken both ways.... As I mentioned earlier, once we know where Sevco end up and the league structure for this season we'll know!

Maybe (dunno tho!) he's been a real ******* and was key in driving the "no" votes etc etc :dunno . Could just as easily been selling us a crock o ****!

Angry Rod Petrie - SPL fiasco

I've heard a rumour regarding Rod Petrie being involved with certain hierarchy of the SPL regarding Rangers getting back into the SPL. This is after Petire publicly spoke about sporting integrity where they should be relegated to Div 3. I think he should be 100% committed to our club and forget about this Rangers business and worry about getting Hibs to where we should be. If this is true it sounds very 2 faced and worries me. If he can't commit 100% if think he should step down or is this me just being a selfish Hibs fan?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan cass View Post
    I've heard a rumour regarding Rod Petrie being involved with certain hierarchy of the SPL regarding Rangers getting back into the SPL. This is after Petire publicly spoke about sporting integrity where they should be relegated to Div 3. I think he should be 100% committed to our club and forget about this Rangers business and worry about getting Hibs to where we should be. If this is true it sounds very 2 faced and worries me. If he can't commit 100% if think he should step down or is this me just being a selfish Hibs fan?
    I think it's you just being a very slow Hibs fan.

Blog Entries
    Never said that as far as i'm aware

How can he commit 100% when he has no Excecutive role at ER and most of his time is spent in his SFA role as Vive Chair - particularly as Chair of SFA and other Vice chair have made themselves scarce when

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

How can he commit 100% when he has no Excecutive role at ER and most of his time is spent in his SFA role as Vive Chair - particularly as Chair of SFA and other Vice chair have made themselves scarce when
    A season ticket for Sevco United to the first person to name these near mythical creatures. Two season tickets for the second person.

How can he commit 100% when he has no Excecutive role at ER and most of his time is spent in his SFA role as Vice Chair
    Funny how the lower the Hibs star falls the higher the Petrie star rises. What an important man he must be, being so much at the centre of things, knowing all the key players, pulling all these strings, calling all these shots, speaking all these words, fixing all these deals...

I bet he hates it. I bet he would swap it all in a heartbeat to see Hibs back at the top of the SPL

I've heard a rumour......
    Wow.

That'll be that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alf R View Post
    The behind closed doors stuff he's doing as part of his SFA role can be taken both ways.... As I mentioned earlier, once we know where Sevco end up and the league structure for this season
    I don't think where Sevco end up (which I think will be D3) tells us anything about whether Rodders was a driving force behind the attempt to get them into D1 or not.

Rodders is still the Chairman of Hibs and no important decision is taken without his authority so the time that he's physically at Hibs is pretty much irrelevant IMHO. In his defence, better that that Lindsay driving the bus without anyone sitting behind him telling him which way to steer.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    No he should not resign over this - as part of the SPL/SFA/SFL contingent set the task of sorting out the Newco mess it will have been part of his job to put together viable options for the SFL clubs to vote on - given the fevered speculation and debate it was inevitable that these options would include one for parachuting new-huns into Div 1 as well as one for just letting them apply to Div 3. This they have done - but it will be entirely up to the SFL clubs what the actual outcome will be - outlining proposals to be voted upon is a very different thing to advocating them so NO WAY should Petrie resign from Hibs over this.
    When you put it like that, I can't disagree with it. If the email is a moment in time where a draft proposal is being worked on, they would be idiots NOT to have at least a discussion about it.

Some subjects are best kept behind closed doors rather than keyboards

Evening News (Hibs): Hibs chairman Rod Petrie defends role with SFA

Rod Petrie has mounted a stiff defence of his dual role as chairman of Hibs and one of the leading figures at the SFA dealing with the financial meltdown at Rangers.

More...

Rod Petrie questions

Rod has been pretty clear recently. He wants more money from us. He wants more season tickets sold and more merchandise bought to. Fair enough, that is what fans do. What about rod though? Does he have questions to answer? He is heavily involved with this sevco saga. This must be time consuming. I believe this will have a negative impact on our ability to snap up players!
    Rod has his own agenda. He wants to climb the ladder at spl and sfa level. He ultimately wants a role as a FIFA or uefa delegate. I know this from a former sfa executive.
    are we suffering as a consequence? He has already admitted several mistakes, not least the fiasco with calderwood. How long are we going to tolerate him?

Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Rod has been pretty clear recently. He wants more money from us. He wants more season tickets sold and more merchandise bought to. Fair enough, that is what fans do. What about rod though? Does he have questions to answer? He is heavily involved with this sevco saga. This must be time consuming. I believe this will have a negative impact on our ability to snap up players!
    Rod has his own agenda. He wants to climb the ladder at spl and sfa level. He ultimately wants a role as a FIFA or uefa delegate. I know this from a former sfa executive.
    are we suffering as a consequence? He has already admitted several mistakes, not least the fiasco with calderwood. How long are we going to tolerate him?
    Doesn't matter how long we tolerate him, the fact is STF rates RP very very highly, so as long as STF is our owner, there will always be a place for RP at the table....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Doesn't matter how long we tolerate him, the fact is STF rates RP very very highly, so as long as STF is our owner, there will always be a place for RP at the table....
    I thought his judgement would be better than that but naebody can be right all the time...