hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Nicki Minaj, Hibernian and Post Traumatic Stress

An improbable post title I know. However just another thing to thank the muppets who disgraced the green on saturday for.

Where Chelsea Dagger always reminds me very happily of the 2007 final, Nicki Minaj's 'Starships' ( a song I really like) is now associated in my mind not just with Saturday but also the whole litany of crapness that the last few years have been. Thanks for for ruining 'Good Feeling' and 'I Gotta Feeling' too.
    Last edited by MSK; 23-05-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Swear filter

2. Log in to remove the advert

Despite weeks under a cloud of foreboding, my mood lifted sufficiently on Saturday morning to have me wandering around the house humming James' "Destiny Calling"*. Well once we got to Hampden, it ****** well hung up.

* I blame egb_hibs of the bounce for this.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    After the 6-2 game , I will always remember the Easter Road PA playing Moby , think he had a devilish sense of humour. Every time I hear that song I always think of that glorious Sunday night in October 2000.

I had to stay right until to get my flags back and had watch the hearts team dance about to levels by avicii. dont think i will ever like that song.

Sunshine on Leith was ruined for me a bit - we should've put a ban on it during the day in the knowledge that hearing it just once at full time meant all had gone well. As it turns out, must've heard it about seven times by on Saturday and not once how we all dreamt of.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Yesterday, my colleague put on the usual 1980's radio station she usually has on and half way through the morning I got this horrible gut wrenching feeling in my stomach and a sense of extreme dread.

It was then that I realised KC and the Sunshine Band's GIVE IT UP had come on......

I used to like that song but where it used to remind me of having a wee singalong with the missus to that cheesy compiliation CD she had in her car...I now have an general feeling of depair at the fact that I had to hear this FIVE times on Saturday with my head in my hands as that shower threw away any chance of..........................OK OK calm down.....10...9....8....7......GOOOOSFRABBA!

HOWEVER, a few of you have mentioned some stuff from the pre-match song selection and although any thought of the day as a whole currently still leaves me with a raw, hollow feeling.... That pre-match build-up inside the ground was one of the best experiences I have ever been part of at any game of football ever.

Over the course of time, the hurt from Saturday will lessen, if not completely disappear...but I will NEVER forget the incredible buzz and rush of adrenaline that being in that crowd made me feel!

GGTTH...onwards and upwards

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After the 6-2 game , I will always remember the Easter Road PA playing Moby , think he had a devilish sense of humour. Every time I hear that song I always think of that glorious Sunday night in October 2000.
    It got played after the goals as well. I still get shivers hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    An improbable post title I know. However just another thing to thank the muppets who disgraced the green on saturday for.

Where Chelsea Dagger always reminds me very happily of the 2007 final, Nicki Minaj's 'Starships' ( a song I really like) is now associated in my mind not just with Saturday but also the whole litany of crapness that the last few years have been. Thanks for for ruining 'Good Feeling' and 'I Gotta Feeling' too.
    Judging your music taste I'd say the Hampden DJ did you a favour

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It got played after the goals as well. I still get shivers hearing it.

Amazing can't even remember it getting played after the goals . After the equaliser , I think we were happy to get in 1-1 because it looked another smash n' grab then when the second went in , Juanjo looked over and we were all hanging over the sides and I gave him a GIRUY.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Amazing can't even remember it getting played after the goals . After the equaliser , I think we were happy to get in 1-1 because it looked another smash n' grab then when the second went in , Juanjo looked over and we were all hanging over the sides and I gave him a GIRUY.
    We were 2-1 up at half time.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    We were 2-1 up at half time.
    I know , should have made myself clearer , when we got the equaliser just before half time I think the fans were happy to get us parity going into the interval , then getting the go ahead goal just before half time was just magic . Juanjo looked absolutely crestfallen . Dinnae think he experienced anything like that at Barcelona (aye right).

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCityHibs View Post
    Yesterday, my colleague put on the usual 1980's radio station she usually has on and half way through the morning I got this horrible gut wrenching feeling in my stomach and a sense of extreme dread.

It was then that I realised KC and the Sunshine Band's GIVE IT UP had come on......

I used to like that song but where it used to remind me of having a wee singalong with the missus to that cheesy compiliation CD she had in her car...I now have an general feeling of depair at the fact that I had to hear this FIVE times on Saturday with my head in my hands as that shower threw away any chance of..........................OK OK calm down.....10...9....8....7......GOOOOSFRABBA!

HOWEVER, a few of you have mentioned some stuff from the pre-match song selection and although any thought of the day as a whole currently still leaves me with a raw, hollow feeling.... That pre-match build-up inside the ground was one of the best experiences I have ever been part of at any game of football ever.

Over the course of time, the hurt from Saturday will lessen, if not completely disappear...but I will NEVER forget the incredible buzz and rush of adrenaline that being in that crowd made me feel!

GGTTH...onwards and upwards

I have ALWAYS utterly detested and loathed that band - and that song in particular. Now I know why. I'm clearly psychic and have been for 30 years.

Gamer IDs

Alright Tony Blackburn, why don't you share with us all what you think constitutes good music?

Offended then?

Just saying the Guetta squad are utter $h1te and should only be heard at birthday parties for under 10s (normally where I hear them). Not IMO, actual fact.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Stone Roses, Oasis and The Smiths are all music
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Offended then?

Just saying the Guetta squad are utter $h1te and should only be heard at birthday parties for under 10s (normally where I hear them). Not IMO, actual fact.
    Oh, excellent, excellent. Not content with getting severally humped by the honking Yams and goatmolested by the most biased ref since that Ecuadorian joker cheated Italy in the World Cup, we now want to have a rammy about the musical taste of the Hibs support.

After Saturday, the only appropriate tracks are Leonard Cohen ones. Hand in your belts, shoelaces and any sharp objects first though. For what it's worth the first track on my compilation for the bus through to Hampden was AC/DC's Highway to Hell. And I was not wrong.

More to the point would be finding out to what the TEAM were listening on their way to Hampden. It certainly won't have been We Are The Champions. Take The Money And Run more like. Bah!

Gamer IDs

Offended then?

Oh dear, muso snobbery. More amused than offended. Are there rules about what clothes we are allowed to wear too?

Shouldn't your 'fact' have been in capitals followed by 'END OF'?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Oh dear, muso snobbery. More amused than offended. Are there rules about what clothes we are allowed to wear too?

Shouldn't your 'fact' have been in capitals followed by 'END OF'?
    No.

He had clearly specified that it was an "actual" fact. Doing so negates the need for an "END OF"

For me, that "Paulo Sergio nanananananaaaaa" pish is forever tainted.

That said, the below track will have a wee place in my heart following the semi-final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRR4UC-9Uc

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    No.

He had clearly specified that it was an "actual" fact.
    Doing so negates the need for an "END OF"

For me, that "Paulo Sergio nanananananaaaaa" pish is forever tainted.

That said, the below track will have a wee place in my heart following the semi-final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRR4UC-9Uc

As opposed to what other kind of fact? What was the Paulo Sergio pish? I must have missed that.

Can anyone remember the music played up to kick off?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Come on feel the noize is tainted for me now too

Hearing KC and the Sunshine band five times during the match will always make me hate that song as well.

Teenage Kicks reminds me of the Mowbray days where Brown, Thomson, Fletcher, Whitty etc would go and give us a masterclass and thump some team..
    Those were the days.