hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fenlon can have no complaints about the charge, but like everyone else we should expect to see Susan brought to task for the dive, and Thomson criticised for his blatant cheating.
    Agree Fenlon can have no complaints, especially as he gave Griffiths a rollicking for making the same gesture in Cowdenbeath and Rangers matches....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Serious question. Can you read? I don't know how many of my posts have said it was clearly outside the box and therefore a free kick rather than a penalty.

My eyes are perfectly fine. Take a look at the picture I linked in a few posts back - if you're a referee looking at that with Kujabi having a full handful of Suso's shirt, what do you do?

Maybe my balance isn't that of a tightrope walking gymnast, but during my time playing both football and American Football, I've had my shirt yanked a few times which has forced me down. I'm of slight build though and muscle isn't exactly protruding so yeah, perhaps my opinion (which is all it is!) that it would always lead to going down isn't universal, but footballers require very little incentive these days and the incentive Kujabi handed to both Suso and the referee was substantial.

I've no arguments it was dramatic and I didn't see the waving of the card (as my head went into my hands when the whistle went) but I was under the impression this WAS a yellow card offense?
    For those who know me, Im fast, and im not exactly built like a brick ****house but the amounts of times I've had my top pulled as I'm running full pelt, never has it caused me to fall over forwards, yes ive stopped running and went backwards, even as they let go of my top the jolt as caused me to fall back, but looking at that DIVE over and over again I cant understand how a top pull can have that impact. Yes, it is a foul, freekick outside the box, but the distance in when he clips his own heels to where he lands is ridiculous, aswell as the ****** swan flapping impersonation which is what got to me the most. We still would have got humped but its rubbing salt in the wounds

(this is all my opinion, not rubbishing yours btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Serious question. Can you read? I don't know how many of my posts have said it was clearly outside the box and therefore a free kick rather than a penalty.

My eyes are perfectly fine. Take a look at the picture I linked in a few posts back - if you're a referee looking at that with Kujabi having a full handful of Suso's shirt, what do you do?

Maybe my balance isn't that of a tightrope walking gymnast, but during my time playing both football and American Football, I've had my shirt yanked a few times which has forced me down. I'm of slight build though and muscle isn't exactly protruding so yeah, perhaps my opinion (which is all it is!) that it would always lead to going down isn't universal, but footballers require very little incentive these days and the incentive Kujabi handed to both Suso and the referee was substantial.

I've no arguments it was dramatic and I didn't see the waving of the card (as my head went into my hands when the whistle went) but I was under the impression this WAS a yellow card offense?

Serious question? Are you trying to be clever or just like causing arguements?
    I think the fact that I have been able to respond to your question proves I can read!
    As to your previous statement about physics.. what utter cahones. Someone being pulled BACK would not propel FORWARD as in the case of the diving scrote.

Wonder if the SFA will charge me as well.

I gave them a couple of signs as well.

What about the 22k Hibees who gave the ref. the bird?

Are we all banned?

Quote Originally Posted by leithman View Post
    Are we all banned?
    I do hope so - would stop me doing something daft like getting my head back up over the summer and getting back to living in hopeless hope again. Happy days - bring them on!

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar

The Ref

Is it possible for Hibs to ask the SFA/SPL to never again as long as he is a so called top referee send him to officiate at any Hibs game ever, and I include as a linesman( I will never class them as assistant ref's) or even a fourth official, isn't there an observer in the stand as well. Anyway If it is possible for HFC to ask of this I hope they ask LOUD and CLEAR that they do not want this man anywhere near Easter Road.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsonsbairn View Post
    Is it possible for Hibs to ask the SFA/SPL to never again as long as he is a so called top referee send him to officiate at any Hibs game ever, and I include as a linesman( I will never class them as assistant ref's) or even a fourth official, isn't there an observer in the stand as well. Anyway If it is possible for HFC to ask of this I hope they ask LOUD and CLEAR that they do not want this man anywhere near Easter Road.
    I doubt the SFA would do that as they would be as good as saying he isnae tae be trusted and is dishonest.

I doubt very much Hibs will do anything either, they'll just sit back and take it as usual.

The SFA have already taken what they consider to be appropriate action over Thomson not booking Black and then gifting them a penalty by exiling him to Eastern Europe for a few weeks. Regardless of how much we demand it, they won't do anything more regarding the matter.

Santana is a different matter. The TV pictures provide clear evidence of a dive, and action has to be seen to be taken. So bearing in mind how the SFA works, I fully expect Fenlon to get a touchline ban for his gesture and Santana to be overlooked for blatant cheating.

It wasn't an aerial challenge though - Santana was past Kujabi and heading for the box when Kujabi grabbed his shirt. I have no problem with the booking (would have been screaming for it at the other end) and it was going down to ten men that killed us as much as the gift of the penalty.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It wasn't an aerial challenge though - Santana was past Kujabi and heading for the box when Kujabi grabbed his shirt. I have no problem with the booking (would have been screaming for it at the other end) and it was going down to ten men that killed us as much as the gift of the penalty.
    I disagree with this. I think if we had gone down to 10 men but the scoreline remained 2-1 I think the players would have been spurred on and the game would have been very different. We would have still got beat most likely, but I don't think it would have been the humiliation it turned it to be.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    Serious question? Are you trying to be clever or just like causing arguements?
    I think the fact that I have been able to respond to your question proves I can read!
    As to your previous statement about physics.. what utter cahones. Someone being pulled BACK would not propel FORWARD as in the case of the diving scrote.
    Bit like tug of war. If you suddenly let go then the other team fall on their *****. Pull someone's shirt while he's running and then let go then the chances are that he'll fall flat on his face.

However I don't think that was the case in this example.