hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero

Today's Evening News

The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus, with one word printed - "Legends". Every gutless loser who played for us on Saturday should be made to look at that every day to be reminded of what they could have been, how it could have been our day in the sun. Regardless of whether they're on loan, coming to the end of their contract or had never heard of Hibs before they came here, those players had the chance to win a trophy and achieve legendary status in Edinburgh. That alone should have inspired some professional pride and put a bit of fight into their performance.

A lot of Saturday's team won't be back at Hibs - and good riddance to them - but for those who remain I want them to see that front page every day to instil a determination in them that one day, they will achieve that status of legends. Because that's the mindset we need to get over this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Yeah that hearts badge over the hibs one is a bitter pill to swallow

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm still imposing a news blackout in my house and will continue to do so for a few more days.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Problem is most of them don't care and are now nowhere near Edinburgh and probably never will be again.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Problem is most of them don't care and are now nowhere near Edinburgh and probably never will be again.
    I know - and that's a good thing - and hence why I mentioned those who remain. It could also act as a spur for any newcomers to give them the right mindset from the word go.

Left by mutual consent!
    Soares and Francomb are defo away..

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like tae give most of them a P45 along with a copy of that paper tae remind them what losers they are. They should also have tae hand their medals back (those that bothered tae keep them) tae have runners up polished out and LOSERS engraved in it's place.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'd like tae give most of them a P45 along with a copy of that paper tae remind them what losers they are. They should also have tae hand their medals back (those that bothered tae keep them) tae have runners up polished out and LOSERS engraved in it's place.

They don't even deserve the honour of runners up.

Losers on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    And your comment is based on what?

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus, with one word printed - "Legends". Every gutless loser who played for us on Saturday should be made to look at that every day to be reminded of what they could have been, how it could have been our day in the sun. Regardless of whether they're on loan, coming to the end of their contract or had never heard of Hibs before they came here, those players had the chance to win a trophy and achieve legendary status in Edinburgh. That alone should have inspired some professional pride and put a bit of fight into their performance.

A lot of Saturday's team won't be back at Hibs - and good riddance to them - but for those who remain I want them to see that front page every day to instil a determination in them that one day, they will achieve that status of legends. Because that's the mindset we need to get over this.
    "Legends"? shirley a misprint........"Bellends" was the word they were looking for....................
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Was Soares here, I never noticed....£1m player my erchie
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    And your comment is based on what?

That they were on loan . I'd have thought they'd all be away now .

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    That they were on loan . I'd have thought they'd all be away now .
    Soares Lived in the same building as me and drove a big Porche Jeep style tank of a car. Half way into the Extra time of the Chelsea game we hear tires screech and a car rally passed full speed. It was our friendly neighbourhood waster Tom Soares.

He has not been back since.

Heard Francomb lives here too but i havent seen him.
    Last edited by Centre Hawf; 21-05-2012 at 02:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    That's it - nowhere near a newsagent shall i go today - blow it I'm away to hide behind the couch - I'll come out when it's all died down a bit

The front page is a picture of Hearts on the open top bus.

Was Craig Thomson there?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'm still imposing a news blackout in my house and will continue to do so for a few more days.

Me too, wont buy a papers till next month,and I will only watch the "news" parts of the news programmes until the end of the week.

The players would be too hungover to read anything after their busy and boozy night out. Did anyone really believe that Saturday's "team" could be up there with The FF team and Turnbull's Tornados?

Jeez, i used to think that our teams from the early-mid 80's were poor, but, how wrong i was! Least they teams had a spine!!

happy days !

I have watched no tv or read any newspapers since the game. Just popped into shop though and glanced at one paper (not sure which one) and noticed the headline "All the Hibees are SCARED".

It felt like a kick in the baws but the funny thing was that for once the fans weren't scared. We all know of course that the players were and I hope that the article described the day this way - not that I'll be reading it!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Soares Lived in the same building as me and drove a big Porche Jeep style tank of a car. Half way into the Extra time of the Chelsea game we hear tires screech and a car rally passed full speed. It was our friendly neighbourhood waster Tom Soares.

He has not been back since.

Heard Francomb lives here too but i havent seen him.
    If I'd performed as pish as the majority of the team had on Saturday, I'd be getting the hell out of Edinburgh too.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    That's it - nowhere near a newsagent shall i go today - blow it I'm away to hide behind the couch - I'll come out when it's all died down a bit
    Today was not a good day to be a Hibby. A steady procession to my desk this morning from gloating jambos. Bar stewards!!!! GGTTH