hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's not just a case of getting rid of the drink culture at Hibs though is it? There is an inherent lethargy that appears to have set in and is now deep rooted imho. It is easy to hark back to the Collins era and how he tried to make us more professional but five years down the line where the players were backed nothing has changed! Our team does not look fit, certain players seem to be injured all the time and there appears too often to be a lack of interest/effort on the park.

There are some genuine guys in our team who do not deserve to be targeted along with the ones who don't care though so I am careful not to label them all duds or wasters. Pat Fenlon has to see thru the job and give the fans a team we can trust! They do not have to be the best players in the World just so long as they have enough talent to compete strongly and are honest enough to give their full effort every minute they play for Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This video is telling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRu0J...e_gdata_player

Griffiths is away back to Wolves, O'Connor laughing and joking after a 5-1 humping and not having a witch hunt against Doherty but he disgusts me when asks if he would be at Easter Road next season and has to stop himself laughing and says 'no chance' - when did he turn into Messi?? At least Doyle looks genuinely gutted........

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be honest you'll never stop the drinking culture at Scottish football clubs. God, look at the furore the International team caused. Ferguson and McGregor were the two scapegoats, as half the squad were drinking.

Do your due diligence on players during recruitment, that will stop it. Ask the football fraternity, it's an insular world.

Players are of course allowed to unwind, enjoy themselves and have normal social lives. Sadly though our players seem to think they've made it once they hit George Street.

Do your homework when you sign players Hibs, it's that simple. In my day of youth football, you'd hear of managers attending at the home of the player, meeting the parents, getting to know their background. Ferguson still does it. I wonder if it still goes on - doubt it.

I bet when Pat walked into East Mains on appointment he simply couldn't believe his eyes and ears.

Christ if the players put in half as much enthusiasm into football as they do on Facebook or Twitter we'd be contesting the league. All talk, no action most of them.
    Should these players not be sacrificing their social lives somewhat? In Scotland a 'social life' effectively means going out bevvying. Premier League footballers earning four figure sums should not be doing that IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Should these players not be sacrificing their social lives somewhat? In Scotland a 'social life' effectively means going out bevvying. Premier League footballers earning four figure sums should not be doing that IMO.
    Agree 100%, that was my point. By all means go to Le Monde for example, once in a while, couple of beers in company. Can't deny any player the chance to unwind.

However go to Amicus Apple, Tiger Lily, Lulu on a Saturday, I guarantee you'll see the same players, having had drank themselves into a wee state. I remember seeing two of our goalkeepers, one still with us, laughing, joking, drinking shots, after a sore defeat. Hearts players were there too mind. However our keeper was 'out injured', and all I could think was 'I can't wait until you leave Hibs'. No professional pride you see......that's my problem with it.

I hate losing, and would always hide for a while after losing a game......and that was at bloody juvenile level too !! Football has evolved into a high intensity, professional sport across the globe. Shame our players can't see how lucky they are.

They'll all have the word 'regret' now on their CV. Some may not care now, but mark my words, when Hibernian do win the cup, and we will, that squad will watch the pictures of joy and say ' that could've been me'. What a tragic thing to look back on eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Do what Ultras do in Italy. Turn up at training for a quiet word.
    This is exactly what happens at clubs in Holland, PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax and The Hague, fans dont take not giving 100% they protest at training and they even wait at the stadium for the players bus returning from away games and give them hell, EXACTLY WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING, GERINTAETHUM.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Matt Doherty's attitude needs to be held up and pointed at as everything that is currently wrong with the club. He was on loan, he didn't "give a **** tbh". There were several players on loan. There are several players who don't give a ****.

Posters on this thread can see what's wrong. The drinking / party culture at Easter Road which has prevailed despite three or four changes of squad, can only be down those in charge at the club. It's been raised at at least two AGMs, and what has been done about it? Nothing. Culpability therefore falls with the Board.

If players don't want to come to a club which has a strict alcohol policy during the season, then we shouldn't want those players. We're a big club in Scotland who pays decent wages in comparison to other clubs. We should be able to attract professionals rather than drunks.

This is a massive close season for the club. Absolutely massive. They need to use what happened on 19th May as a starting point to rebuild a club that has been in terminal decline since 2007. The situation that led to one of the worst days in the club's history must never be allowed to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This is exactly what happens at clubs in Holland, PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax and The Hague, fans dont take not giving 100% they protest at training and they even wait at the stadium for the players bus returning from away games and give them hell, EXACTLY WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING, GERINTAETHUM.
    tbh after seeing that . doherty deserves hibs fans turning up at wolves. clown. im raging. gutless

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post

Griffiths is away back to Wolves, O'Connor laughing and joking after a 5-1 humping and not having a witch hunt against Doherty but he disgusts me when asks if he would be at Easter Road next season and has to stop himself laughing and says 'no chance' - when did he turn into Messi?? At least Doyle looks genuinely gutted........
    Dear god, that is awful.

Compare that to beattie. "what's the point of picking up the paper to see yourself everyday, we do our talking on the pitch".

Sparky - Hibs fan - "Naw, I want to go back and try my hand at wolves".

Doyle looked gutted, genuinely gutted. (worth noting that maybe we shouldn't be tarring all the players with the same brush)

Doherty quite frankly can go **** himself. If that boy makes a living from football at any level there is no justice. A complete prick of a boy.

O'Connor is the same, jail time or not, I hope he never plays for Hibs again. A waster.

As for Rudi; Oh for a player like that. That can turn a game in a minute. To think we mocked them for bringing him back, cos that was a flop again.

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post

That sums up the difference between both teams on Saturday perfectly.

The Hearts players all came across professionally and pretty gracious in.victory, easy to do when you've had a win like that I suppose.

Doyle and Griffiths look.genuinely gutted but then you have Matt Doherty s******ing when asked if he'd be back next year, someone slapping him on the face when he's being interviewed and Garry O'Connor and, club captain, Ian Murray strolling down the stairs grinning like a pair of chesire cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The Hearts players all came across professionally and pretty gracious in.victory, easy to do when you've had a win like that I suppose.

Doyle and Griffiths look.genuinely gutted but then you have Matt Doherty s******ing when asked if he'd be back next year, someone slapping him on the face when he's being interviewed and Garry O'Connor and, club captain, Ian Murray strolling down the stairs grinning like a pair of chesire cats.
    You have to wonder what the club is doing to advise these jokers on representing the club in public, including the media. No doubt the Hearts players knew that regardless of who is pointing a camera at them, it's important to be professional and present the right image for the club.

Hibs' players, Doyle excepted, are entirely representative of the club's image and people's perceptions.

Here's one for the club's PR people to mull over - over the course of Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the following adjectives were attributed to Hibs from neutral persons on Twitter (journos mainly, but others too) - 'spineless', 'mercenaries', '*****e' (Graham Spiers no less), 'hopeless', 'unprofessional', 'disaster', 'uncommitted', 'lacklustre', etc, etc. That's the image of our football club. Over to you HFC.
    Last edited by TheEastTerrace; 22-05-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Doyle looked genuinly gutted and i think can be a big player for us next season

on a plus point the wee lad who does those interviews is top class. asks the right questions and does not seam fazed by any of it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

I'm absolutely furious and disgusted.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Doyle looked genuinly gutted and i think can be a big player for us next season

on a plus point the wee lad who does those interviews is top class. asks the right questions and does not seam fazed by any of it.
    Said that on another thread - get that lad across a few times next season to do pre-match, post match interviews. Top lad.

As for Garry, Nid and Matt. Hope someone mails the club that link. And puts it on the official Facebook/Twitter page. Disgraceful.

Looks like O'Connor pulling his nose - after getting humped 5-1 in a cup final against Hearts?!

Hard to know what is going on at Easter Road these days - professionals?!

Agree with above from PB.....LG saying he wants to go back to Wolves fair enough, but the sight of GOC smiling and joking is disgusting on so many levels. I really really hope he is punted (yes I know he scored important goals), but since January he has been a disgrace, both on and off the park, not fit to wear that famous green jersey.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=archiecoby;3241017]Looks like O'Connor pulling his nose - after getting humped 5-1 in a cup final against Hearts?!

Hard to know what is going on at Easter Road these days - professionals?![/
    QUOTE]

Might just explain why the three of them are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Said that on another thread - get that lad across a few times next season to do pre-match, post match interviews. Top lad.

As for Garry, Nid and Matt. Hope someone mails the club that link. And puts it on the official Facebook/Twitter page. Disgraceful.
    I emailed the club regarding players laughing and joking, out bevvying up town, whilst supporter's were in tears and distraught.....Said they let everyone connected with the Club down. Fife replied that everyone was crushed and advised me not to listen to speculation.....I have now forwarded him the video, GOC is in no way crushed....Also the "speculation" about players being up town is not speculation, they were seen openly bevvying and enjoying themselves.....Sums up our Club at present.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I emailed the club regarding players laughing and joking, out bevvying up town, whilst supporter's were in tears and distraught.....Said they let everyone connected with the Club down. Fife replied that everyone was crushed and advised me not to listen to speculation.....I have now forwarded him the video, GOC is in no way crushed....Also the "speculation" about players being up town is not speculation, they were seen openly bevvying and enjoying themselves.....Sums up our Club at present.....
    It would seem that everyone that is not associated with Hibs' future just doesn't give a flying one.

totally agreed with the sentiments of this thread. i dont live in Scotland anymore, but if i see any of the players cavorting around London city centre the night before a match then i'll ask questions!

the video is really good, the kid comes over really well and far better than some of these pathetic players.

surely wolves must be a stricter club than Hibs, so surely Docherty is being particularly stupid. Also, if he's too crap for the bottom half of the SPL then persumably he's far too crap for the Championship. Griffiths is half decent for Hibs but I cant see him succeeding in a better league.

Personally I can't think of many players from Saturday's team who I would want to keep. The sooner wastes of space like Docherty are emptied the better. As for GoC, if he wasn't such a ****ing idiot then he would have a far better career behind him, he's got nothing to be smug about, he's far too crap for even the SPL and is destined to end up like a bloated footballing version of Mickey Rourke's character in Wrestler.

All of this information should be sent to the Tache with regular updates until something is done. All of these imposters should be emptied, McPake should somehow be convinced to stay and hungry young players should be given a chance over these deluded morons.