hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear

Name That Final - the "Craig Thomson Final" (MERGED)

ok, i am NOT making excuses however i am questioning a couple of decisions
    1) why wasnt black booked for his rank challenge on griffith
    2) then why was kujabi's first challenge a booking
    3) the original foul was commited outside the box then suso tripped over his own feet, why the hell was it a penalty

over all though, not good enough by the team. silly individual errors are costing us. and have done all ******g season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Piss poor.......edinburghs worst team .......FACT

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    All irrelevant. We are ****ing woeful.

Sent from another universe!

Gamer IDs

im not making excuses at all, we have been piss poor all season. just dont understand the refs decision making

This is the same cheating ref who books Lee Griffiths for diving but can't wait to give the diving Spanish waiter a penalty. How many people on here predicted this.

Scottish football is corrupt to the core.

By the way Hibs are woeful.
    Last edited by James70; 19-05-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the same cheating ref who books Lee Griffiths for diving but can't wait to give the diving Spanish waiter a penalty. How many people on here predicted this.

woeful?? awful/embarrasing/shocking/terrible. know what? im still proud to be a hibee. im proud of our history, our culture. i am not proud of this team

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Another game another display that proves Thomson is clearly a cheat. That said we were rank rotten today.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Thomson's a cheating ****.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Was not a penalty BUT we were well beat in any case. Just glad I couldn't get a ticket.

He's a cheating **** no doubt.

However the people most culpable for that defeat today are sitting in the dressing room and the managers office.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The penalty was never a pen and never an s/o
    Killed any chance we had

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    It was a foul, albeit the initial foul outside the box, but it is a second booking therefore a red card.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

skacel's goal celebration didnt merit a yellow ? no!

He had the best view on the pitch and came up with that decision, cheat? I think so.
    Black should of been booked early doors. We we're ***** but thompsom was dire

we were dire but at 2.1 we were still in there, the only way to really kill us of penalty and down to 10. thompson wont get to referee a game in euro disney on that performance never mind the euro's

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Okay first things first, Hibs were total pish, hard though it is to type that, we were pish.

As for Craig Thomson, impartial? Impartial my Hibby ass. You refereeing was biased from the very outset, almost as if you had to make sure the Jambos would win. Either you're a closet Yam fud or in five years time it'll come out that it was a match fix.

We were still pish though.

Hey ho, looking forward to the first match of next season....

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Sky Sports original report on the game was entitled 'Black day for Hibs' and the report began by saying 'Craig Thomson was at the centre of the controversy at the Scottish Cup Final today by opting not to show a red card to Ian Black for leading with the elbow in a challenge on Hibs' Leigh Griffiths, and only have a word with the midfielder' - it then went on to say that he compounded this further by awarding a penalty for a 'theatrical dive' by Suso after a challenge that had occurred outside the box.

The have subsequently changed the whole tone of the report - I just did a google search for the report title and it comes up with a link, but it now just takes you to the new report. Strange

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We are maybe missing a bigger point about the penalty, if you at what was allowed to happen in the build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post

Predicted this, what chance have you got in small minded secret handshake Scotland. The SFA are a joke.

Before the game I expected within the first ten minutes that Black would go through somebody with no booking and one of our defence would get a yellow for nothing. And low and behold!

Yes, we were murder, however our players knew that the slightest challenge would get them booked, while Hearts could go in with 2 feet or an elbow and get nothing. Sets the tone for the match.

Will anyone investigate Thomsons horrendous performance? Course not.

We were ***** today but at 2-1 we were still in with a chance. How he is Scotland's "top referee" I don't know.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    We are maybe missing a bigger point about the penalty, if you at what was allowed to happen in the build up.
    I agree that the defending was awful and that Suso should never been allowed to go so far, but we have still been undone by a poor decision on the penalty, which has led to us being hammered 5-1.

We were lucky to still be in the game when we pulled one back and were poor the whole game, but the referee has been the main factor in the game being finished just minutes into the second half.

I didn't comment on his appointment as match referee as we just had to deal with it - however, he has played a huge part in the outcome of the game. Even if he had only booked Black for the elbow, he could then have gone off for his off the ball challenge on Griffiths later in the half - as it was, Black had two bad fouls and wasnt even booked, Kujabi had two fouls and was ordered off.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 19-05-2012 at 04:59 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Could moan aboot the penalty but at end of day, we were gash and have been terrible all season and shouldnae have been anywhere near that final. Disaster waiting to happen. Mass clearout needed. well beaten, nae excuses today.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He was on a yellow card, but pulled on the shirt anyway?

WHY?!

Thomson was loving it. Almost celebrated with them when Barr scored.

Linesmen done a great job n' all. It's cool Driver, don't give up yet, the balls not out!

Cheats.

Not coinciding with how ***** we were. There's plenty other thread to get stuck into that topic. But Thomson? I hope his next turd is a cactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Thomson was loving it. Almost celebrated with them when Barr scored.Linesmen done a great job n' all. It's cool Driver, don't give up yet, the balls not out!Cheats. Not coinciding with how ***** we were. There's plenty other thread to get stuck into that topic. But Thomson? I hope his next turd is a cactus.
    Two Craig Thompsons, ones a paedo and the others a cheat, we should have had a foreign ref today, I would have had more respect for Thompson if he jogged out today with his union jack and hearts scarf on.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzhfc View Post
    ok, i am NOT making excuses however i am questioning a couple of decisions
    1) why wasnt black booked for his rank challenge on griffith
    2) then why was kujabi's first challenge a booking
    3) the original foul was commited outside the box then suso tripped over his own feet, why the hell was it a penalty

over all though, not good enough by the team. silly individual errors are costing us. and have done all ******g season.

I agree 100% with this post. Thomson's sparkling performance for them was predicted on this messageboard and he lived up to his billing.

Having said our players performed like a colony of petrified rabbits caught up in a headlight and they got exactly what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Before the game I expected within the first ten minutes that Black would go through somebody with no booking and one of our defence would get a yellow for nothing. And low and behold!

Yes, we were murder, however our players knew that the slightest challenge would get them booked, while Hearts could go in with 2 feet or an elbow and get nothing. Sets the tone for the match.

Absolutely and totally agree with every word you say here. I was talking to some of my mates at work and told them about Thomson, they mostly support different teams in the SPL and agreed with me,and ironically I had also suggested that Black will get away with murder, and surprise surprise, what happens? We were rank today but his refereeing definitely helped to set the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Absolutely and totally agree with every word you say here. I was talking to some of my mates at work and told them about Thomson, they mostly support different teams in the SPL and agreed with me,and ironically I had also suggested that Black will get away with murder, and surprise surprise, what happens? We were rank today but his refereeing definitely helped to set the tone.
    Couldn't agree more. He made the difference today between a 3-1 defeat and a 5-1 hammering.

For a Grade 1 referee it's strange how he seems to save his best moments of incompetence to favour our opponents.

But that's just me being paranoid, of course.

Thomson is murder! A fecken cheat.