hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Put a team on the park which genuinely competes in games.

Put a team on the park which looks like it knows what it's trying to do.

Put a team on the park which justifies its 4th/5th biggest status.

Oh, and win some games in style.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Signing McPake and Griffiths would be a good start.

Coaching Staff
    Freeing up the wages of Murray, Stack, Wotherspoon, Scott, Galbraith, O'Hanlon, GOC and Claros and getting in 5 marquee, proven SPL players.....selling Hibernian 2012 as a major challenger in all 3 competitions next season.

If that involves a transfer fee, so be it. Hayes, Tansey/Lasley, McGowan, Shiels and Sutton would be a great start. Re-signing Leigh and JM too. And get those bloody full back areas sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Signing players that actually want to win big games.

It would certainly make a refreshing change.
    100% bang on the money, having the right attitude is everything, our players have no bottle and the poorest attitude I've ever seen!

With the exception of McPake, who was geeing up the crowd, I took this photo before kick off and the body language of our imposters says it all. Their heads are down and it looks like they've already conceded defeat before a ball was even kicked!

Attachment 8280
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    100% bang on the money, having the right attitude is everything, our players have no bottle and the poorest attitude I've ever seen!

With the exception of McPake, who was geeing up the crowd, I took this photo before kick off and the body language of our imposters says it all. Their heads are down and it looks like they've already conceded defeat before a ball was even kicked!

Attachment 8280
    Jings, that photo says it all.

Sign McPake and Griffiths, if we dont we can already say goodbye to the SPL and hundreds more fans before it even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Agreed.

I would go a wee bit further and say sign players that we have heard of and know to be good.

I know gems can be unearthed but right now we could do with a boost.
    Like Latapy, Larasson, Matty Jack, Lehman, Zitelli all household names prior to coming to Hibs

Just sign players who can win and above all else who want to win !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Show they mean business by signing players early in this window for a start. If we do the usual and piss about signing trialists in the last week of the window that'll really piss me off even more.

We should have had targets identified for the last few months so let's just get them signed abs get a proper preperation for next season.
    Absolutely - we want to see a team worthy of the name lining up for the FIRST fixture of the season that actually know each others names having had a pre-season together.

I know that not all business is going to be concluded until the end of the window, but Hibs' conduct in windows over recent years has been akin to some old miser scrapping about in the 50% off basket hoping to get a "bargain" of some pair of shoes with two left feet or other soiled goods that noone else wants. What a surprise that we don't end up getting what we need or that we sometimes end up with "faulty goods".

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Attachment 8280
    Weird! They already look like they're a goal down

Im getting a season ticket with a few mates regardless of who we sign. I have never been a season ticket holder but this is the time the club needs us most.

Now is the time to put the last few seasons behind us and wipe the slate clean. This is our chance to rebuild the squad from scratch and cheer the new players on with a fantastic croud next season.

I know the defeat on Saturday was heart breaking and even more so to the older generations! I seen a man who I have known for years cry which wasn't nice.

I am glad my Hibernian journey is only starting out because I believe and know things can only get better!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JHFC View Post
    Im getting a season ticket with a few mates regardless of who we sign. I have never been a season ticket holder but this is the time the club needs us most.

Now is the time to put the last few seasons behind us and wipe the slate clean. This is our chance to rebuild the squad from scratch and cheer the new players on with a fantastic croud next season.

I know the defeat on Saturday was heart breaking and even more so to the older generations! I seen a man who I have known for years cry which wasn't nice.

I am glad my Hibernian journey is only starting out because I believe and know things can only get better!

You're a frikin star. Well done mate.