hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Culture

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Nice post, more passion in those few paragraphs than i've seen at easter road for a long time.

Footballs not a sport anymore it's a corrupt business and scottish football is right in the thick of it. Were all frustrated and bitterly disappointed after that shameful performance yesterday. But, even if hearts went on to win the europa cup next year i'd always ALWAYS prefer to be a hibs man. Yes were turkish delight at the moment and the club needs restructered from petrie downwards but every gorgie giro casher is bricking it after mad vlads comments yesterday, he's off and theres no two ways about it!!!, let the rats dance in the street today and go home and pump their sisters tonight but our club will still be here in 5 years unlike theirs, the cup final win for them is just glitter on a turd, the problems behind the scenes will soon become evident just like their big brothers in govan. THEN WE WILL HAVE OUR DAY!!!!

GGTTH
    FTHMFC
    I applaud your optimism, I really do.

But fact of the matter is, both Hearts and Rangers will still be here in 5 years time.

Theres no danger the 2 pro-British teams in the league will be left to die.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by nil7 View Post
    there are clearly people on here that think that Petrie was hurting yesterday as much as I was - well why in all his years in charge has he done nothing about it.

He displays no passion for the club when I see him interviewed and would trouble motivating a kamikaze pilot. The man has no charisma, gravitas or more worringly anything appearing to resemble a plan for this club.

Drivel - I stand by what I said 100% - he will not have felt anywhere near as bad as I did yesterday, or we would have had his resignation this morning!!
    Why does this get mentioned on every thread, away and post your pish on the petrie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    I applaud your optimism, I really do.

But fact of the matter is, both Hearts and Rangers will still be here in 5 years time.

Theres no danger the 2 pro-British teams in the league will be left to die.
    Unfortunately thats true but times are about to get a bit difficult for hearts and we need to take advantage of this! There team next season wont be as strong as it was this season. There three best players, Beattie, Skacel and Black will all be gone, along with a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    I dont know what is said to players when they sign on at Hibs, but from now on anybody, from the tea lady to the biggest signing, has to have a hatred of Heart of Midlothian football club hammered into them from the word go.
    This is as far as I got before I almost fell over laughing - is that your solution: hatred of Hearts?

I understand we're all hurting, but anybody signing on for this nonsense is condemning the club to years more of the same old failure -

THEY are NOT the PROBLEM - they never were - Where does HATRED fit into that "sporting integrity" concept that we're all throwing at RFC by the way?

Thanks for making me laugh after such a debacle of an afternoon at Hampden

"Hate Horrible Hearts" - there you go - nice alliterative catchphrase for you all to sing in your delusion!

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    Unfortunately thats true but times are about to get a bit difficult for hearts and we need to take advantage of this! There team next season wont be as strong as it was this season. There three best players, Beattie, Skacel and Black will all be gone, along with a few others.
    Lets be real about this though.

Hearts could become far weaker and we could beat them 30-40 times in a row, but are they really going to care now? They beat us in the big one where it mattered most.

Unless we meet them in another SC final and beat them within the next few decades, anything we do will pale in comparison.

Thats the harsh reality that we're faced with now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This is as far as I got before I almost fell over laughing - is that your solution: hatred of Hearts?

I understand we're all hurting, but anybody signing on for this nonsense is condemning the club to years more of the same old failure -

THEY are NOT the PROBLEM - they never were - Where does HATRED fit into that "sporting integrity" concept that we're all throwing at RFC by the way?

"Hate Horrible Hearts" - there you go - nice alliterative catchphrase for you all to sing in your delusion!
    You're right. Lets not hate Hearts and continue to show them the same dignity and respect like we did yesterday.....

I'm sure they'll return the favour some day.

Testimonial Due
    I just took my bairn to McDonalds and badly mis-timed it but it proves the OP right, as I sat there munching my burger the place started to fill up with yams, and slowly I could feel me getting angrier and angrier to the point that we ended up finishing quickly and leaving before I ended up saying something to one of them.

I realised in thiat short spell that Idetest these inbred, scarf twirling ...... They are lording it and with good reason because we would be doing exactly the ********* same.....

People talk about how there isnt the poison in our rivalry and how this somehow makes it "sweeter" and a better spectacle, well ****** that bcause you can see they hate us, the OP is dead right we should rachet it up an mak it known that we wont stand for this sort of anymore from our club against anyone, especially these caravan dwelling trash....

Pretty ********* stands, top rank training facilities and tidy looking accounts mean absoloutely all when our biggest rivals are laughing in our faces even though the live beyond their means, their fans dont give a monkeys how they do but so long as they do better than us they are happy.

The message from the Hibs support hast be clear to our board that this status is no longer acceptable and we as fans will not tolerate it any longer, without us there is no Hibernian FC and it's time for us to demand better of the club and if that means we turn nasty then so be it.

Now some may be surprised I've written the above as a lot of people see me as a moderate regards the s c u m but as I said last night, yesterday had to be a watershed and I know now for me it has been WE MUST ALTER THIS NOW, NO MORE GETTING THE RIPPED OUT OF US. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC AND WE DESERVE BETTER.

Rant ends, GGTTH
    Last edited by MSK; 21-05-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Please dont bypass the swear filter

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

I *think* the point is to have a team of players who show passion. Yeah, the OP focuses on Hearts but I don't care so much about that, I care about a team of players who bleed green.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    For us to get the culture we need stability in the manager's post and in the playing squad.

Fenlon has got to get the right sort of player in this summer. Getting them in early is critical.

Fenlon then needs them to help him set the standards on the training ground. This then has to carry onto the pitch.

Crucially, we need to keep these players for 2-3 seasons minimum.That way we lay the foundations of the right culture at the club. The derby should be part of the manager's overall job assessment, and continued failure in these fixtures should carry severe consequences.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I *think* the point is to have a team of players who show passion. Yeah, the OP focuses on Hearts but I don't care so much about that, I care about a team of players who bleed green.

100% correct and for too long we as supporters have shrugged our shoulders and accepted our "position", their all out in their gardens right now having BBQ'S and party's while we slink away being "nice about it".... Enough, I love Hibs and I want every person involved with the club to give 100% for the cause and fight to the bitter end, yesterday was just another classic example of us surrendering our birthright to a club in far worse condition than ours who have only a marginally better team.....

The difference, they wanted to win because it's fed down to them from the stands that failure is not tolerated, it's time we did likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    I just took my bairn to McDonalds and badly mis-timed it but it proves the OP right, as I sat there munching my burger the place started to fill up with yams, and slowly I could feel me getting angrier and angrier to the point that we ended up finishing quickly and leaving before I ended up saying something to one of them.

I realised in thiat short spell that I detest these inbred, scarf twirling ...... They are lording it and with good reason because we would be doing exactly the ********* same.....

People talk about how there isnt the poison in our rivalry and how this somehow makes it "sweeter" and a better spectacle, well that bcause you can see they hate us, the OP is dead right we should rachet it up an mak it known that we wont stand for this sort of anymore from our club against anyone, especially these caravan dwelling trash....

Pretty ********* stands, top rank training facilities and tidy looking accounts mean absoloutely all when our biggest rivals are laughing in our faces even though the live beyond their means, their fans dont give a monkeys how they do but so long as they do better than us they are happy.

The message from the Hibs support hast be clear to our board that this status is no longer acceptable and we as fans will not tolerate it any longer, without us there is no Hibernian FC and it's time for us to demand better of the club and if that means we turn nasty then so be it.

Now some may be surprised I've written the above as a lot of people see me as a moderate regards the s c u m but as I said last night, yesterday had to be a watershed and I know now for me it has been WE MUST ALTER THIS NOW, NO MORE GETTING THE RIPPED OUT OF US. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC AND WE DESERVE BETTER.

Rant ends, GGTTH
    100% agree

Most hearts fans hate hibs more than they love hearts. They hate us and we hate them but they care more about just getting 1 over on us. They wouldn't care if they finished 11th just as long as we finished 12th! The thing they love more than anything is our 1902 thing. Sad but I guess that mentality and hatred has given them the amount of derby wins they have. We, on the other hand hate them but aren't as obsessed, but now we need to be, we need to drill home how big the derby is to players. Can't take anymore humiliation from them, enough is enough!
    Last edited by MSK; 21-05-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Quote edited

@hibs.net private member
    They do hate us more than their love for their own club. But as Hibs fans our love is for our club. That's what separate us from them. Two clubs , one city but different mentality and philosophy. Hibs are a artisan club whilst the yams are establishment club. Never want Hibs to be like that mob even though we got thumped again

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    They do hate us more than their love for their own club. But as Hibs fans our love is for our club. That's what separate us from them. Two clubs , one city but different mentality and philosophy. Hibs are a artisan club whilst the yams are establishment club. Never want Hibs to be like that mob even though we got thumped again
    To me, that just translates into us being the losers.

We should be the establishment club in Edinburgh, we should be establishing our authority against them, not the other way around!

Or maybe we should just buy a better back 4, midfield grafter and a good keeper. Most of our derby losses in recent years have been down to comical keeping errors and s***e defending. Even when we had Brown & Co in our team, we were losing to them because of mistakes from our defensive minded players. Nae point in having Bobby Dazzler up front if we've not got anything up back.
    Last edited by sh00byd00; 20-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Then our "philosphy" is wrong mate. The artisan club? Well whoop ********* dee, being artisan got us humiliated yesterday beyond all belief, enough is enough. I dont want to be like them either but one thing that clown Graeme Souness once said has stuck with me for years....

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"....

We've been "good losers" for far too long, now we are losers and I'm sick of it.

Am I jealous of Hearts fans tody? you bet your mortgage I am mate. I want it to be me taking my kids to trophy parades, I want it to be me entertaining other Hibby friends today in my back garden with a case of beer and some BBQ burgers. I want to be laughing at how they were and how we them over.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING ON THE LOSING SIDE, TIME AFTER TIME.... I AM A HIBBY AN PROUD OF IT. IT IS TIME FOR US AS FANS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, WE MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE BOARD WE ARE NOT ********* HAPPY AND THEN WE MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO WEAR OUR JERSEY UNDERSTANDS WHT THAT ENTAILS, YOU EITHER SWEAT & BLEED HIBS OR YOU CAN GTF.
    Last edited by MSK; 21-05-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Please dont bypass the swear filter

Then our "philosphy" is wrong mate. The artisan club? Well whoop ********* dee, being artisan got us humiliated yesterday beyond all belief, enough is enough. I dont want to be like them either but one thing that clown Graeme Souness once said has stuck with me for years....

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"....

We've been "good losers" for far too long, now we are losers and I'm sick of it.

Am I jealous of Hearts fans tody? you bet your mortgage I am mate. I want it to be me taking my kids to trophy parades, I want it to be me entertaining other Hibby friends today in my back garden with a case of beer and some BBQ burgers. I want to be laughing at how they were and how wethem over.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING ON THE LOSING SIDE, TIME AFTER TIME.... I AM A HIBBY AN PROUD OF IT. IT IS TIME FOR US AS FANS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, WE MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE BOARD WE ARE NOT ********* HAPPY AND THEN WE MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO WEAR OUR JERSEY UNDERSTANDS WHT THAT ENTAILS, YOU EITHER SWEAT & BLEED HIBS OR YOU CAN GTF.
    You're like me mate. Completely bonkers but only because you're passionate about the club.

We need to get rid of these loser outfits once and for all and get some passionate nutters signed up ASAP.
    Last edited by MSK; 21-05-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Quote edited

Testimonial Due
    You're like me mate. Completely bonkers but only because you're passionate about the club.

We need to get rid of these loser outfits once and for all and get some passionate nutters signed up ASAP.
    hahahaha, thanks (I think)....

I'm terribly angry today, I thought I could cope with it this time yesterday but seeing them strutting around today has really really hurt me. As I said I want that to be me.

However I think that we as fans now need to "grow a pair" and make our voices heard that what is happening is unacceptable, sometimes I think Hibs dont deserve the support they have but sometimes I think we as supporters get exactly what we deserve because we're always looking for moral high ground and being the "good guys" all the time.

Like I said they dont care about that and the evidence is damming that they have and we have not.

The club has to do it's part by providing a good product of which we can be proud of but we need to show our support and our dissatisfaction as required. Right now the club should be fearing the mother of all backlashes from their own fans for the current debacle but sadly it seems there are still far too many apologists running around with green & white replica kits on.

Proud to be a Hibby, always will be, not proud of being humilitated at everyturn by a bunch of idiots from across the city.

hahahaha, thanks (I think)....

I'm terribly angry today, I thought I could cope with it this time yesterday but seeing them strutting around today has really really hurt me. As I said I want that to be me.

However I think that we as fans now need to "grow a pair" and make our voices heard that what is happening is unacceptable, sometimes I think Hibs dont deserve the support they have but sometimes I think we as supporters get exactly what we deserve because we're always looking for moral high ground and being the "good guys" all the time.

Like I said they dont care about that and the evidence is damming that they have and we have not.

The club has to do it's part by providing a good product of which we can be proud of but we need to show our support and our dissatisfaction as required. Right now the club should be fearing the mother of all backlashes from their own fans for the current debacle but sadly it seems there are still far too many apologists running around with green & white replica kits on.

Proud to be a Hibby, always will be, not proud of being humilitated at everyturn by a bunch of idiots from across the city.
    Couldn't agree with you more mate.

We need to waken up to the fact that the world isn't fair and that football is no different.

You don't win things fairly. We've got to grab success at every given opportunity, no matter what it takes.

The cup could have been ours yesterday, but the club didn't grab it with both hands, thats why we missed out.

When a club falls short of giving it absolutely everything its got, its shameful to say the least.
    Last edited by Hibercelona; 20-05-2012 at 08:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member Dropkick Murphy's Avatar
    The club seems to have gone softer and softer since Petrie decided to back the 'players revolt' instead of John Collins. JC seemed to want to instill the right ethos into the club; better fitness, more discipline and more passion. The 'professional footballers' couldn't be bothered with the extra training though.

Since then, we've hardly seen any sort of effort or commitment from the players. It's as if anybody we sign knows that they will have it easy. If we are to see any significant improvement next year then Fenlon will really have to create a tougher atmosphere in the dressing room, hopefully started by a very tough preseason.

Who was saying that hatred of Hearts was a solution to Hibs problems as a football club.

What I am saying is that our dismal and appalling, bordering on shamefull, record in derby matches has to change. Do you think its a coincidence that for years now that no matter what sort of team we have had at the time Hearts have always managed to get the better of us more often than not. Do you think that it was an accident that in the match following the 7 - 0 game, which we can no longer crow about thanks to Saturday, that Hearts beat us 4 - 0 at Easter Road.

When you support a team which has no chance of EVER winning the league, your only goal is to get the better of your biggest rivals either by winning cups or by beating them in derby matches. As far as I an concerned that starts by changing not only our attitude to this rivalry but also the attitude within the club until the players are terrified of losing to Hearts. The rest will hopefully follow.

I once heard a rangers fan who had been told Ibrox will be the best stadium in Scotland say ..." I will be happy to have the best stadium in Glasgow.

How can we hope be the one of the best clubs in Scotland when we cant even be the best club in Edinburgh ?

When I started reading the thread about the need for a change in culture at the club I was thinking it would be good to discuss the need for a change in mindset throughout the club. That change needs to be a more forward thinking, structured and strategic change which will create a successful club with quality players who possess the right attitude and plenty of passion for the cause. Instead it turned into the stereotypical Scottish football mentality diatribe about hating other folk and obsessing about other teams. In my opinion this is part of the problem. In recent times it's the like of Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths who are the players held up as 'real' Hibees who know what the club is about. They probably fit into the description of the type of players some want more of. I would contend that it is this type of player Hibs need to get rid of. Small time mentality, haven't (or unlikely to) achieve the levels their ability should have allowed, given too much too young and unwilling to work as hard as they should yet only too happy to kiss the badge and milk the applause. They're impostors and compared to players like Ormond, Turnbull and Baker they are an affront to Hibs. Incidentally, the three old boys I mention didn't have to display overt expressions of hatred towards Hearts to prove how much they cared or how much it meant! We should only be concentrating on sorting Hibs, as a club, out and the rest will take care of itself. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine but some of the ***** on here with regards to how Hibs players and fans should be behaving is ridiculous (even accounting for the fact that yesterday's events are still a bit raw).

Quote Originally Posted by 1Eddie_Turnbull View Post
    When I started reading the thread about the need for a change in culture at the club I was thinking it would be good to discuss the need for a change in mindset throughout the club. That change needs to be a more forward thinking, structured and strategic change which will create a successful club with quality players who possess the right attitude and plenty of passion for the cause. Instead it turned into the stereotypical Scottish football mentality diatribe about hating other folk and obsessing about other teams. In my opinion this is part of the problem. In recent times it's the like of Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths who are the players held up as 'real' Hibees who know what the club is about. They probably fit into the description of the type of players some want more of. I would contend that it is this type of player Hibs need to get rid of. Small time mentality, haven't (or unlikely to) achieve the levels their ability should have allowed, given too much too young and unwilling to work as hard as they should yet only too happy to kiss the badge and milk the applause. They're impostors and compared to players like Ormond, Turnbull and Baker they are an affront to Hibs. Incidentally, the three old boys I mention didn't have to display overt expressions of hatred towards Hearts to prove how much they cared or how much it meant! We should only be concentrating on sorting Hibs, as a club, out and the rest will take care of itself. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine but some of the ***** on here with regards to how Hibs players and fans should be behaving is ridiculous (even accounting for the fact that yesterday's events are still a bit raw).
    I understand where you're coming from.

But as far as i'm concerned, unless we get players in with a general hatred towards Hearts, they'll continue to pound us time and time again, because its abundantly clear that their players hate us.

If we can't match their aggression on the pitch, then it won't matter what names we have on the team sheet. They'll simply continue to out fight us and beat us to every ball.

Our record against them over the years clearly reflects this issue.

Hearts are arrogant *******s, but they have every right to be unfortunately.

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    John Collins wanted to change the culture at the club, training hard and longer. He never got the backing and from there on the club has gradualy fallen on its knees.

He's now at livingston fc were he's trying to do the same they train mon,tue,thurs and friday 9am-3.30. Wed being there day off. Time will tell how livingston do under him and john hughes, culture needs to be installed at a young age.

I understand where you're coming from.

But as far as i'm concerned, unless we get players in with a general hatred towards Hearts, they'll continue to pound us time and time again, because its abundantly clear that their players hate us.

If we can't match their aggression on the pitch, then it won't matter what names we have on the team sheet. They'll simply continue to out fight us and beat us to every ball.

Our record against them over the years clearly reflects this issue.

Hearts are arrogant *******s, but they have every right to be unfortunately.
    That's plain daft and ignores that Hibs continually sold off the quality players we once had, and replaced them with an inferior product.

You seem to believe that Hearts domination is down to hate, I would suggest better self discipline, technical ability, and ensuring there are a fair sprinkling of players over 6ft who can easily outmuscle the midgets that we continually field.

Christ just look at our league position over the last two seasons, it's not just the results against the Jambos that are crap, we're mince against nearly everyone !

So according to you, so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

Let's just ignore technical ability, and physique, etc., and if someone like Henrik Ojamaa had arrived from Estonia at Easter Road for a trial, he would have been bombed out for lacking a "general hatred towards Hearts".

I guess then that there's no point in Rudi Skacel offering his services to us when he becomes a free agent

Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post
    That's plain daft and ignores that Hibs continually sold off the quality players we once had, and replaced them with an inferior product.

You seem to believe that Hearts domination is down to hate, I would suggest better self discipline, technical ability, and ensuring there are a fair sprinkling of players over 6ft who can easily outmuscle the midgets that we continually field.

Christ just look at our league position over the last two seasons, it's not just the results against the Jambos that are crap, we're mince against nearly everyone !

So according to, you so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

Let's just ignore technical ability, and physique, etc., and if someone like Henrik Ojamaa had arrived from Estonia at Easter Road for a trial, he would have been bombed out for lacking a "general hatred towards Hearts".

I guess then that there's no point in Rudi Skacel offering his services to us when he becomes a free agent
    Perhap "hatred" wasn't the best way to put it.

But they're certainly far more up for it than we ever are.

Even when we had players with great technical ability and technique (Mowbray era), their record was still better than ours in that time frame.

How do you explain that?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I've said this already and I apologise upfront for speaking for other people but I think the main point is having players at the club who play with passion for the badge. Hearts are our biggest rivals so it kinda follows that players should be up for those games......but of course they should be up for all games. Beating Hearts is not the most important thing but if you can't get motivated to put in a spirited performance against your bitterest rivals, what can we expect when we play the rest of the league?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post

So according to you, so long as we recruit Hearts haters, we'll be ok - aye right.

"Golden Generation" (2004-05 - 2006-07) results against Hearts

Played: 14
    Won: 4
    Drawn: 3
    Lost: 7
    Goals for: 16
    Goals against: 27

Hibs average points per season: 55
    Hearts average points per season: 62

Very little difference in the league against Hearts with one of our best teams in recent years and we lost half of all derbies we played. We also never scored more than two goals (and haven't for over nine years) whilst they did so four times.

Even "quality players" couldn't hold their own against Hearts. If that doesn't stop now, and I sincerely hope this result has done just that, we can just throw in the towel against them for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I've said this already and I apologise upfront for speaking for other people but I think the main point is having players at the club who play with passion for the badge. Hearts are our biggest rivals so it kinda follows that players should be up for those games......but of course they should be up for all games. Beating Hearts is not the most important thing but if you can't get motivated to put in a spirited performance against your bitterest rivals, what can we expect when we play the rest of the league?
    I think you bring up a vital point here.

If we have players that can't summon up the motivation to put up a fight against Hearts, then where are they going to find the motivation to take on any of the other clubs in the SPL?

Thats been our problem for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

Very little difference in the league against Hearts with one of our best teams in recent years and we lost half of all derbies we played. We also never scored more than two goals (and haven't for over nine years) whilst they did so four times.

Even "quality players" couldn't hold their own against Hearts. If that doesn't stop now, and I sincerely hope this result has done just that, we can just throw in the towel against them for eternity.
    Thanks for finding the stats as I was interested to see them myself.

We need to wake up to the fact that quality isn't all about skill and technique, but about having the will, hunger and desire to get another one over on your rivals.

Thats one thing we can't fault Hearts for. Even when their own chips are down, they're still able to raise their game more than we do and more times than not, turn up trumps.

We need players at the club that not only "know" what it means, but "feels" what it means as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

Romanov pumped millions into hearts during that period and brought in some top quality players. It was just an absolute **** that our golden generation were around at the same time as they were artificially propped up. There are other periods of hearts domination that take a bit more explanation but that period is a bad example.